Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ostad_Goosfand View Post
    As Nokhodi says the Iraq team succeeds against us not due to talent but passion. Just look at highlights of the last game vs Iran. They went absolutely nuts on both goals like they won World Cup. For them playing against us is and winning is as big as any trophy.

If our boys go in with a weak “let’s be friends with our Iraqi buddies” mentality we will lose.
    We either go weak or stupid (like Shojaei and Pooladi).

Comment

I want to see a TM that goes out with full intensity and treats this Iraq game like a final, the players need to understand that they aren't there to make friends with Iraqi players. They can do that after we won against them. Never understood this friendship between Iranian and Iraqi players as it's pretty much one sided (they don't feel the same about us) and a heated rivalry.

Comment

I hope Skocic and the staff realized that we are going to need to rely on our wingers to create our chances for us....Ukraine tried to go through the middle for 90 minutes and had no luck cracking that and honestly their CMs are much better than ours. Meaning JB and Gholi will be HUGE for us in those matchups or whoever else he opts to put on the flanks. Maybe Taremi too.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Why not playing in 3-4-3 specially if we are desperate to score

Comment

Iraq-Tajikistan 0-0 FT

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                Why not playing in 3-4-3 specially if we are desperate to score
                Too open to counterattacks.

Comment

wow that was a compilation of really poor finishing skillz.. we should beat iraq. they tend to run as horses against us but if we play smart we should win easy. Its just that last 10 years, everytime we played them we have done something stupid, like get a red card or just fall in to their tactics. Im sure if we play smart with tactics and keep our heads cool, we will win easy. we are suporior them as player to player and as a team. we just have to play them as a team and we should win 9 of 10 times.

dont get me wrong though, they have some really talented players but we still, its a big difference.. it just shows how much mentality matter, its atleast as much worth as quality and talent. those 3 combined is a recepie to success.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Tajikistan has improved. Just take a look at Istiklol in the ACL this season. Their fans have shown their support for our clubs and we support theirs. Iran has 4 clubs in the ACL knockout stages. Wish them the best!

Comment

How many wasted chances can you guys count from the first match? I counted we had at least 5 legitimate opportunities to score.

Some of y’all praise Bahrain as though they’re some unbeatable and scary team. Last time I checked they were a bit lucky as well to even get the win vs. Marc Wilmots’ Iran. Would be interesting to see how it goes 1.5 years later vs Iran under Skocic and with no crowd. We will see.

https://youtu.be/Gs1_qGbKE2Y

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                        How many wasted chances can you guys count from the first match? I counted we had at least 5 legitimate opportunities to score.

Some of y’all praise Bahrain as though they’re some unbeatable and scary team. Last time I checked they were a bit lucky as well to even get the win vs. Marc Wilmots’ Iran. Would be interesting to see how it goes 1.5 years later vs Iran under Skocic and with no crowd. We will see.

They are well discliplined defensively but not scary.

The problem is our midfield has been so weak lately. In order to beat parked bus teams we need to make chance after chance

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post

the chance at :15 angers me so much. it is such a typical "we are gonna smash this team so im gonna go for my shot anyway" mentality. all he had to do was do a lay off pass and it was a free goal.

Most important games outside our group to watch:

Jordan vs Kuwait. a tie is imperative in this match, if one of the sides wins then it will become much more difficult for us

Saudi Arabia vs Uzbekistan. we need a Saudi win here. unfortunately, AFC put the game after ours so Saudi would definitely go for draw if it meant eliminating Iran

UAE vs Malaysia/Vietnam. Hopefully UAE drop points in one of these two games, although malaysia winning is also risky because they have 9 points already atm.

if we can get one of these 3 results to happen, then we may not even need result against Iraq in last match.

Comment

Saudi Arabia vs Uzbekistan. we need a Saudi win here. unfortunately, AFC put the game after ours so Saudi would definitely go for draw if it meant eliminating Iran

No they wont. Of course Saudi Arabia aint gonna risk ruining their qualifiers, just to make us suffer. They are in a another group, and they are concentrating on themselves and their progression, not us. We need to get rid of this kind of mentality

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post

No they wont. Of course Saudi Arabia aint gonna risk ruining their qualifiers, just to make us suffer. They are in another group, and they are concentrating on themselves and their progression, not us. We need to get rid of this kind of mentality
                              We shall see. assuming Saudi defeats singapore and yemen at home, they will have 17 points which is likely enough for qualification. Again, they will KNOW what result they need, if any, to advance to next round. mentality or not, it seems quite smart and strategic to me to throw away a game if it means eliminating one of the strongest potential opponents in the next round. Only 4 teams qualify directly and there is already Japan, Australia, and S Korea to deal with.

Comment

If its based on a strategic move to eliminate a Big opponent, then it could happen. But if its only based on hate to Iran, then I really dont believe it. Players getting their chance in that game Will try to fight for a spot in the team. Their careers are more important than Iran results. No matter what, its in our own hands, and we have no one Else to blame. 15 points should be enough for us

Comment

Working...
                                X