No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldn't care less if bahrain beat Brazil A team 4/0 in friendly .
    Hopefully TM staff will really focus on adequate players selection (no noirohali-like selection/playing time please) and a better play that what we saw against syria.

Of course analyze our opponents and conditions, but we should really focus on us

Comment

Some of you guys really underestimate how difficult it will be beating Bahrain in Bahrain...

Unfortunately, it'll be a much easier task beating Iraq than beating a Bahraini team at home

Comment

Im very nervous. But 4 points against Iraq and Bahrain May be enough. So the question is, if its 0-0 in minut 70 against Bahrain, is it Best to go all in for the victory or take the draw, and go After the 3 points against Iraq, who I Think already Will be through to the next round. Remember, if we lose against Bahrain we are done, so I dont Think we should risk it all if its a draw late in the game. So which game is easier to win, Bahrain or Iraq? A highly motivated Bahrain at home sounds more difficult to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian H View Post
          Im very nervous. But 4 points against Iraq and Bahrain May be enough. So the question is, if its 0-0 in minut 70 against Bahrain, is it Best to go all in for the victory or take the draw, and go After the 3 points against Iraq, who I Think already Will be through to the next round. Remember, if we lose against Bahrain we are done, so I dont Think we should risk it all if its a draw late in the game. So which game is easier to win, Bahrain or Iraq? A highly motivated Bahrain at home sounds more difficult to be honest.
          Let’s let some scenarios play out:

We beat Iraq and they win the other 2 games, Iraq has 17 points.
          We tie Bahrain and they win other 2 games, Bahrain has 16 points.
          We win other 2 games, we will have 16 points.

Now if you flip it:
          Iraq=18 points
          Iran=16 points
          Bahrain=15 points

So in scenario one, what is the tie breaker? We lost the head to head. If we don’t run the table, we have to at least beat Bahrain.

Comment

My take from Bahrain team. Strong in defending in numbers around the box. Decent goalie as a Shot-Stopper. Quick on counter.

I think what we saw yesterday was a good rehearsal against TM. Ukraine relied mostly with shooting from outside the box, of which they were either of poor quality or parried away by Bahraini goalie. They posed a more quality threat, when they entered the Bahraini box. Best way to beat them is to go round their two left and right backs and cross low into their 6 yard box. I wouldn’t play Taremi behind a lone Sardar but together as in 2 out and out strikers
            sigpic
            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Iraq has a friendly with Tajikistan today at 12:30 PM Eastern Time. 9:30 am LA time

Comment

The sad thing is if we had a real federation we would kill these teams , sadly with this kind of players we have we still have to be afraid that our team may not be prepaired.
                Iraq has a friendly today and iran goes into the quali without friendlies ..

Comment

Against Bahrain Our players must be well prepared mentally for the ref to blow his whistle in favour of Bahrain (such is the power of oil $$$) and not get frustrated or stop playing waiting to see whether the ref is going to call the Bahraini's fouls which in most situations he probably won't. Don't run to the ref in protest as he most likely give yellow and red cards. all in all must just play well defend well don't concede and score as many goals as possible and hopefully one or two of them get accepted.

P.S
                  be prepared for them turning off the water taps. Historically they are known for that. lol
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
                    Let’s let some scenarios play out:

We beat Iraq and they win the other 2 games, Iraq has 17 points.
                    We tie Bahrain and they win other 2 games, Bahrain has 16 points.
                    We win other 2 games, we will have 16 points.

Now if you flip it:
                    Iraq=18 points
                    Iran=16 points
                    Bahrain=15 points

So in scenario one, what is the tie breaker? We lost the head to head. If we don’t run the table, we have to at least beat Bahrain.
                    Im pretty sure its the goal difference and not the head to head which decides who advantage to the next stage if we both have the same amount of points. And since we beat Cambodia with alot of goals, Bahrain wont be able to catch us. And i believe that 16 points is enough to be among the Best ranked 2nd place teams (but time Will tell). It Would be stupid to risk everything against Bahrain, and then loose on a counter attack, if a draw Can be enough

Comment

Iraq vs. Tajikistan Livestreams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWYTOYEf-8I

Comment

Anyone watching iraq and tajikestan?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

I think bahrain will be tougher opponents then iraq
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Iraq are vulnerable on counter attack, a couple of times Tajikistan were able to easily get numbers forwards as a soon as they made a mistake on the ball and register a shot. No real threat from Iraq against Tajikistan so far.

Comment

Iraq is a really poor team - however their team has many players from small rural areas that absolutely hate Iranians. They really elevate their games against us.
                              Let's not forget the last 3 games we played against them, 2 of them we had red cars for most of the 2nd half! We need to play cool, calm and collected against them.

This same Iraq will get dropped 3-0 by any other team in the next round.

Comment

As Nokhodi says the Iraq team succeeds against us not due to talent but passion. Just look at highlights of the last game vs Iran. They went absolutely nuts on both goals like they won World Cup. For them playing against us is and winning is as big as any trophy.

If our boys go in with a weak “let’s be friends with our Iraqi buddies” mentality we will lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X