No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal is playing good tonight. seems in front of their fans they take the match not lightly, but wants a good performance and good-bye. ronaldo is effective and in good form. all in all, in this form it will even be difficult for us...
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

Iran was beating Algeria 2-0 too at one point in the match. Portugal doesn't impress me much....

Comment

Portgal is definitely not a one man team like I've seen somme comments here. Bernardo Silva and Guedes are very dangerous and seem to have good chemistry with Cristiano.

Comment

TBH after Algeria lost to Cap Verde a few days ago, I don't see our win against them as something special anymore. Algeria is in a mess right now and they need to fire their coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
            TBH after Algeria lost to Cap Verde a few days ago, I don't see our win against them as something special anymore. Algeria is in a mess right now and they need to fire their coach.
            Cape Verde is 65th in the world, they're not bad... does ANYONE check rankings here at all?

Comment

We need to sit very deep against Portugal. Algeria is getting exposed with balls behind their defence. Portugal's strenght is in the front 3 and they operate very well on the counter attack, if we give them possesion and force them to build up through the back and limit the space in which the front 3 can run behind our defenders, we should be fine.

Comment

Algeria's team has lots of disciplinary and personal issues. Coach has kicked out alot of their players (many who played against TM) in order to rebuild the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                  Cape Verde is 65th in the world, they're not bad... does ANYONE check rankings here at all?
                  No because they mean horseshit.

Comment

Beiro
                    Ramin Montazeri Pag Milmo
                    Cheshmi
                    Ebrahimi HajSafi
                    Shojaie. Taremi
                    Sardar

Comment

I genuinely expect us to have more possession than Portugal in our match and at the same time, I hope I'm wrong because as has been pointed out, Portugal are a side built to counter. I'd be far more relaxed with a old-school CQ bus parking performance against them as Bernardo Silva aside, they lack much quality in the creative/playmaking department. Regardless, we have the most knowledgeable man for this opponent at the helm, keep calm and trust in CQ.

Comment

Now people would understand why seyed jalal wasn't invited .

Look at Portugal's 2nd goal and 3rd goal ! scored by header ! Seyed jalal's height is 183-184 cm
                        2nd goal = A Mandi (186 cm ) couldn't header the ball !
                        3rd Goal = A Mandi (186 cm) + R. Bensebaini ( 186 cm) both couldn't header the ball.

CQ will most definitely use Cheshmi against portugal

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                          Seyed jalal's height is 183-184 cm
                          Bro, I think using the header argument is literally the opposite for Jalal.

His heading is very good, particularly at international level. He's got a fricking wrecking-ball orb of a head. I would trust his aerial ability more than many top european class defenders. If your argument is pace then that may be something different, but we've seen a lot of single man shutouts at world cups from players who don't have much pace. Watch this masterclass from 1.80m Paul Mcgrath: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qukad

I didn't want to comment because whatever happens, he isn't in the squad and its time to get behind the team, but I just couldn't resist with that post.

Comment

Originally posted by Azeem98 View Post
                            Russia Saudi Arabia might end in a 1-1 draw and if Salah doesn't gets fit for the World Cup then they might even draw or defeat Egypt.
                            With or without Salah, I expect 3 points versus Saudi Arabia. I've watched most of their recent friendlies, and they're pretty terrible. They had one decent performance, yet still that didn't instill any sort of fear. Our record against them all time is 7-1-1.

Being part of AFC is the best that's ever happened to them, otherwise they would never qualify for any WC.
                            Anything short of a victory will be embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                              Bro, I think using the header argument is literally the opposite for Jalal.

His heading is very good, particularly at international level. He's got a fricking wrecking-ball orb of a head. I would trust his aerial ability more than many top european class defenders. If your argument is pace then that may be something different, but we've seen a lot of single man shutouts at world cups from players who don't have much pace. Watch this masterclass from 1.80m Paul Mcgrath: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5qukad

I didn't want to comment because whatever happens, he isn't in the squad and its time to get behind the team, but I just couldn't resist with that post.
                              Ye he is not in the team and I don't really wanna argue about him. But my intention to post was to figure out our possible line-up against Portugal and also justifying the advantage of Rouzbeh cheshmi 1.9 m over seyed jalal. Most probably we'll see
                              Montazeri PAG
                              Cheshmi in front of montazeri as defensive Midfielder .

Im guessing we will something like this

ramin rezaeian - Montazeri - PAG - Milad Mohamadi

AJB ---------- Cheshmi ------ shojaei ------- hajsafi--- dejagah

--------------------------- azmoun ------------------------------

also Paul Mcgrath is 1.83 cm

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                                Ye he is not in the team and I don't really wanna argue about him. But my intention to post was to figure out our possible line-up against Portugal and also justifying the advantage of Rouzbeh cheshmi 1.9 m over seyed jalal. Most probably we'll see
                                Montazeri PAG
                                Cheshmi in front of montazeri as defensive Midfielder .
                                Im guessing we will something like this
                                ramin rezaeian - Montazeri - PAG - Milad Mohamadi
                                AJB ---------- Cheshmi ------ shojaei ------- hajsafi--- dejagah
                                --------------------------- azmoun ------------------------------
                                also Paul Mcgrath is 1.83 cm
                                -----------------Beiro-----------------
                                Ramin- Montzaeri - PAG - MiMo
                                ---------------Ezza------------------
                                --AJB--------------------------Hajsafi--
                                ------Dejagah--------------Ghoddos-------
                                -----------------Azmoun-------------

we will soorkahohhhhh the shit out of portugal
                                SHOW TIME!

Comment

Working...
                                X