No announcement yet.

Get to know our opponents in the upcoming Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Iraq root for Iran against Argentina?

Comment

Iraq always does fairly well in youth tournaments (don't ask me why) but fail at the main stage.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
        Did Iraq root for Iran against Argentina?
        So what?

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
          So what?
          It's like how every California basketball team hated the Lakers when they were successful, and would chant "Beat LA, Beat LA!!"

But now Lakers fans are saying "Oh, so happy for Golden State Warriors "

No. If they don't treat us with respect and admiration for our successes, why should we do in kind that they are having some "success" (Olympic soccer is not very highly respected by most. People know it is a Mickey Mouse tournament).

I know for a fact that most of our Arab neighbors wish us failure (and like Qatar will actually go out of their way to sabotage our success, even at their own embarrassment), so I could not really give 2 ***** about them and their games.

I hope they lose every game from now by 10 goals and are embarrassed. I won't forget the insults they flung at us after Asian Cup. Thinking they were anything after that game was gifted to them on a silver platter.

Happy Koreans stomped them out like cockroaches who slithered their way into that semi-final. I wish them nothing but failure in sport. Don't have problems with the people, but as a sports fan, we should not support this team in any fashion after their treatment of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            It's like how every California basketball team hated the Lakers when they were successful, and would chant "Beat LA, Beat LA!!"

But now Lakers fans are saying "Oh, so happy for Golden State Warriors "

No. If they don't treat us with respect and admiration for our successes, why should we do in kind that they are having some "success" (Olympic soccer is not very highly respected by most. People know it is a Mickey Mouse tournament).

I know for a fact that most of our Arab neighbors wish us failure (and like Qatar will actually go out of their way to sabotage our success, even at their own embarrassment), so I could not really give 2 ***** about them and their games.

I hope they lose every game from now by 10 goals and are embarrassed. I won't forget the insults they flung at us after Asian Cup. Thinking they were anything after that game was gifted to them on a silver platter.

Happy Koreans stomped them out like cockroaches who slithered their way into that semi-final. I wish them nothing but failure in sport. Don't have problems with the people, but as a sports fan, we should not support this team in any fashion after their treatment of us.
            Afat jan, I said in my post above, I don't like Iraq. The reason I want them to win is that I hate this Brazilian attitude and especially Neymar! It's not all of a sudden because I respect them!

Comment

Ehh I disagree lol... Not that I really like Iraq but Irani8persepolis has a point: Brazil is cocky as hell, especially Neymar...

Why not root for our Asian neighbors?

Also I have a few Iraqi friends who actually were rooting hard for Iran vs Argentina... It's Iraq not Saudi Arabia LOL

Comment

Afat jan, I said in my post above, I don't like Iraq. The reason I want them to win is that I hate this Brazilian attitude and especially Neymar! It's not all of a sudden because I respect them!
                Whatever attitude was left in the Brazilian team was crushed in a German blitzkrieg in 2014.

Comment

Not WCQ but Iraq is holding Brazil 0-0 in minute 55 right now. Playing with pure heart, I don't like Iraq but I hate this cocky Brazilian team. Dameh Iraq garm... hope they win.
                  In a tournament where age matters, they do well. I wonder why

Anyway, Brazil is so shit. They should never play their games in Brazil again, they just choke. Iraq was a very dirty team - very cheap fouls and dirty hits.

Read more about Iraq's age scandal here - it has their players proper ages.
                  https://ahdaaf.me/2016/08/02/iraq-olympic-team-profile/
                  Last edited by Tehranto; 08-07-2016, 08:55 PM.

Comment

I could puke when I remember how Ezatollahi was rejected in the Olympic qualifiers just to hold a grudge against CQ.. TM Omid could've easily gone to Rio with a competent coach.

Funnily a lot of money was spent for training camps and facilities but nothing was left to pay the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                      I think the Qataris changed his name to Ahmad Moein.....
                      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmed_Moein
                      his wiki says ?? "In November 2015, he was awarded the Asian Young Footballer of the Year by the AFC.[1]",,??

sounds like bs..! lol

Comment

Seems that Qatar no longer calls up several of its former "legionnaires" and even has disposed of its promising domestic talent.

Khalfan Ibrahim was the guy Iran had to guard the most when it came to defending Qatar's playmaking ability but he hasn't even been called up this time. Replaced with Rodrigo Tabata. Their previous Africans such as Qassem Burhan, and Dame Traore are gone. One wonders if the reason Qatar's team is spending a month together is because none of the players are familiar with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                          Seems that Qatar no longer calls up several of its former "legionnaires" and even has disposed of its promising domestic talent.

Khalfan Ibrahim was the guy Iran had to guard the most when it came to defending Qatar's playmaking ability but he hasn't even been called up this time. Replaced with Rodrigo Tabata. Their previous Africans such as Qassem Burhan, Tresor Kangambu, Dame Traore are all excluded. One wonders if the reason Qatar's team is spending a month together is because none of the players are familiar with each other.
                          hum...!! thats interesting...
                          probably they see the surprise factor from wholesale changes to the team as their best means of countering this much strengthened and unified new TM..!!?

Quasem Burhan is a welcome miss for us.. ...!! he was a good GK for them and kept them in the game for most part single handily against us often..!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            Quasem Burhan is a welcome miss for us.. ...!! he was a good GK for them and kept them in the game for most part single handily against us often..!!

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                            Seyed Ashkan's great goal vs Al Gharafa / Qatar NT's gk

Comment

^

Comment

BTW, the ''Qatari'' player Akram Afif got loaned to Sporting Gijón from Villarreal.

Comment

Working...
                                X