Queiroz's Iran reign ends in recrimination with Sweden loss - Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
    Please don't even joke around that. Enyayati is dinosaur. If we invite Enayati I recommend ask Janati to join to complete our Khane Salmandan football team!
    wtf are you talking about? Enayati gets better with age, if you don't remember correctly his dead body can score. WE NEED TO INVITE HIM TO TM AFTER HIS FUNERAL FOR NEXT WORLD CUP ESPECIALLY IF WE FACE MEXICO!
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Damn, I will miss him! Keep checking the forum for some breaking news and miracle that he will stay...
      maa bachehaaye iroonim
      hamishe irooni mimoonim
      baa ham yeksedaa mikhoonim
      baa ham yek seda Iran Iran Iran

Comment

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
        I'm so incredibly frustrated. Carlos wanted to stay. The people wanted him to stay. The players wanted him to stay.
        so what was the f**** problem?
        This is the problem:

Originally posted by diz View Post
        but the Portuguese coach did not go quietly as he delivered some stinging criticism of his employers.
        The system is not designed for acknowledging public criticism. Who other than CQ even dared to criticize the system as publicly or as often in the past year and not ended up in jail, never mind losing his/her job?!

International football has always been a source of threat and embarrassment to this regime because,

1 - It stirs up nationalistic feelings which oppose the core values of the regime.

2 - It provides an outlet for political opposition, be it waving of the shir-o-khorshid flag by the fans or wearing of green bracelets by the players.

3 - It amasses large groups of people whose mere numbers can and often do make a political statement not in jive with IR's principles, as did the mass of Iranian women in Australia about entrance to stadium or their dress code not being "Islamic" or people celebrating on the streets after the Australia/US games in 98 or the Argentina game this time.

None of this should come as a surprise to anyone and since the situation was getting quite out of theirs hands this time with CQ's popularity, a push-back was unfortunately inevitable.

Comment

Damesh Garm! Thank you coach! One thing was proven; we do have talent and we can play an excellent game if enough time, money and knowledge is spent on our players. Same cannot be said about a lot of our opponents in Asia!

Comment

I just read from a VERY knowledgeable source that none of this should come as a surprise to anyone since this was all a pushback by the system against CQ's popularity because he spoke the truths most people would get jailed for. This is certainly news to me, because that VERY knowledgeable source until very recently was telling me this was all about "performance evaluations" and "establishing a needed chain of command" which CQ should report to and not complain about! Now I'm thinking that VERY knowledgeable source needs to take his meds before posting online.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
              I just read from a VERY knowledgeable source that none of this should come as a surprise to anyone since this was all a pushback by the system against CQ's popularity because he spoke the truths most people would get jailed for. This is certainly news to me, because that VERY knowledgeable source until very recently was telling me this was all about "performance evaluations" and "establishing a needed chain of command" which CQ should report to and not complain about! Now I'm thinking that VERY knowledgeable source needs to take his meds before posting online.
              This is your problem: You think a "performance evaluation" under the IR would entail sitting there and discussing tactics and formations or how modern Iran's playing style has become in the past 4 years!!!

A performance evaluation under the IR is how well you have served the system and at what cost, both financially and politically and how much you've sucked up to the person above you on the pyramid (i.e. the chain of command)

And I'm the one who doesn't have a clue how things work under the IR?!

Comment

CQ leaves w big FU to IFF and IR with that big burgundy tie. That's the first thing that caught my eyes.
                "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

^ yes, the tie was the final nail in the coffin.

and now, the clown show business begins. For 2 months, IFF will still pretend CQ is our coach. They will go back and forth and fill up the media with nonsense news about big name coaches interesting in coaching Iran. 2 weeks before the WCQ match, they will panic and put in an inexperienced coach. We will perform badly, and asadi will come out and say we did great in our loses to pakistan and bangladesh.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                    This is your problem: You think a "performance evaluation" under the IR would entail sitting there and discussing tactics and formations or how modern Iran's playing style has become in the past 4 years!!!
                    A performance evaluation under the IR is how well you have served the system and at what cost, both financially and politically and how much you've sucked up to the person above you on the pyramid (i.e. the chain of command)
                    You're either too dense to realize how you constantly contradict yourself or you have no shame. One of the two.

Here's your dumb post on Asadi and "performance evaluations" from the 'CQ leaving' thread. Contrast that with what you just wrote in this thread

Ten days ago you blamed all the incompetence and mismanagement on IFF and not Goodarzi, did not even mention Goodarzi and his playing games with funds to sabotage IFF's signing and maintaining of CQ, and only blamed Asadi for being "abrasive" in his tone when trying to "evaluate" CQ's performance. You were acting like you don't get all the hate toward Asadi for wanting to do a "performance review", blaming CQ for not agreeing with that "review", and pontificating that he "needs to realize that he ultimately does need to report to someone in this job and can't be constantly criticizing his boss(es) or the organization that he works for" and that "none of this is reflecting positively on CQ or helping him secure another position".

NOW, you're pretending you knew all along the whole thing was a sham to railroad and get rid of CQ for his popularity and his courage to speak the truth! Either you didn't know what you were talking about then, or you don't know what you're talking about now.

If that wasn't a rhetorical question, Asadi replaced Nabi in IFF (that was a move Kaffashian made to keep his own position since anti-CQ currents in Iran got a lot stronger after the Asian Cup).
                    This move basically gave those people a voice at the federation. I don't believe Asadi has any "football credentials" but his position is procedural, not technical. Putting aside these latest developments, IFF had been EXTREMELY weak in procedural matters. You can't have a clown that constantly deflects responsibility running a football federation.
                    So, on the surface at least, the addition of Asadi was not a bad idea. And despite the hatred flying around toward him, neither was his insistence to do a performance review of CQ's tenure - that's how things would have been done at any organized federation to begin with and how they should have, and should be done at the IFF.
                    In any professional organization, there has to be a clear chain of command and every member of that organization should be subject to some sort of performance evaluation. This is not a situation that's unique to the IFF, rather its non-existence was a uniquely IFF situation.
                    Unfortunately, CQ neither agreed with that newly established chain of command nor with his performance evaluation. We don't know the full extent of what happened behind closed doors, but based on what we've seen we can assume that Asadi must have been pretty abrasive.
                    IMHO, CQ should have completed that meeting saying he would consider the points Asadi brought up (regardless of his approach) and get-together for another meeting to discuss further, rather than airing out their dirty laundry publicly. That would have made things worse anywhere else in the world and it obviously did here.
                    Now, we got two stubborn people locked into a shit show conflict with a clown in the middle and a whole bunch of khar o gauvs in the periphery, with no one having any skills or desire to deescalate the situation and with TM and the fans suffering from the fallout.
                    Years or mismanagement and unprofessionalism at the IFF are now in full public display for the whole world to see. And if CQ takes his complaint to FIFA, theere could be severe repercussions for all FF programs. Of course, none of this is reflecting positively on CQ or helping him secure another position because he has been through this more than once.
                    Everyone needs to just calm the fuck down, sit at a table and hash things out. Asadi needs to realize that his responsibility is to protect the interests of the NT's and that regardless of his personal feelings, this situation is not helping. And CQ needs to realize that he ultimately does need to report to someone in this job and can't be constantly criticizing his boss(es) or the organization that he works for.

Comment

You're either too dense to realize how you constantly contradict yourself or you have no shame. One of the two.

Here's your dumb post on Asadi and "performance evaluations" from the 'CQ leaving' thread. Contrast that with what you just wrote in this thread

Ten days ago you blamed all the incompetence and mismanagement on IFF and not Goodarzi, did not even mention Goodarzi and his playing games with funds to sabotage IFF's signing and maintaining of CQ, and only blamed Asadi for being "abrasive" in his tone when trying to "evaluate" CQ's performance. You were acting like you don't get all the hate toward Asadi for wanting to do a "performance review", blaming CQ for not agreeing with that "review", and pontificating that he "needs to realize that he ultimately does need to report to someone in this job and can't be constantly criticizing his boss(es) or the organization that he works for" and that "none of this is reflecting positively on CQ or helping him secure another position".

NOW, you're pretending you knew all along the whole thing was a sham to railroad and get rid of CQ for his popularity and his courage to speak the truth! Either you didn't know what you were talking about then, or you don't know what you're talking about now.
                      1 - I never blamed "ALL" the incompetence and mismanagement on IFF. If someone has to constantly mention the level of incompetence and mismanagement running through every level of that society in every single post for it to sink in for you, it's not me who's being dense!

2 - I didn't mention Gooarzi then and I did not mention it anywhere in this thread. You're the one who keeps bringing him up.

3 - I didn't "blame" anything "ONLY" on Asadi being abrasive. You have a problem of thinking about everything in black and white and naturally interpret every post in that way as indicated by your constant use of these extreme words like "ALL", "ONLY", etc.

4 - Saying that CQ has to understand that there's a chain of command and that he can't constantly criticize that chain of command is not putting the "blame" on CQ. It's simply stating the inevitability of the situation.

5 - I've never mentioned the words "sham" as related to this situation or "courage" as related so CQ criticizing the IFF so again stop listening to the voices in your head and stop putting words in my mouth.

Comment

Khob migam marizi hamine dige teflak daste khodet nist.

I didn't mention Gooarzi then and I did not mention it anywhere in this thread. You're the one who keeps bringing him up.
                        khengali, if it's not Goodarzi and Asadi's gang when you're talking about "pushback against CQ's popularity and daring criticism", then who the hell else are you referring to?

I've never mentioned the words "sham" as related to this situation or "courage" as related so CQ criticizing the IFF so again stop listening to the voices in your head and stop putting words in my mouth.
                        Again with the stupid semantics Einstein, if the performance evaluation was really an objective review of CQ's job performance and not a sham, then why the hell did you say this:

First of all, in your own words, the "performance review" had little to do with CQ's competence and therefore was a SHAM. Second of all, when you pretend to be well aware that IR's performance reviews are only about the interests of the higher-ups and sucking up to them, then why did you say this ten days ago:

So, on the surface at least, the addition of Asadi was not a bad idea. And despite the hatred flying around toward him, neither was his insistence to do a performance review of CQ's tenure - that's how things would have been done at any organized federation to begin with and how they should have, and should be done at the IFF.
                        ...Seriously, are you on certain meds or have a special condition that we should know about and be sensitive to? You can't be sane!

I won't even waste more time going back and forth with someone who is clearly fifty cards short of a full deck I'll just go ahead and post both your essays back to back and let others judge if you're a hypocrite or simply a weirdo.

Earlier today:
                        This is the problem:
                        The system is not designed for acknowledging public criticism. Who other than CQ even dared to criticize the system as publicly or as often in the past year and not ended up in jail, never mind losing his/her job?!
                        International football has always been a source of threat and embarrassment to this regime because,
                        1 - It stirs up nationalistic feelings which oppose the core values of the regime.
                        2 - It provides an outlet for political opposition, be it waving of the shir-o-khorshid flag by the fans or wearing of green bracelets by the players.
                        3 - It amasses large groups of people whose mere numbers can and often do make a political statement not in jive with IR's principles, as did the mass of Iranian women in Australia about entrance to stadium or their dress code not being "Islamic" or people celebrating on the streets after the Australia/US games in 98 or the Argentina game this time.
                        None of this should come as a surprise to anyone and since the situation was getting quite out of theirs hands this time with CQ's popularity, a push-back was unfortunately inevitable.
                        Ten days ago:
                        If that wasn't a rhetorical question, Asadi replaced Nabi in IFF (that was a move Kaffashian made to keep his own position since anti-CQ currents in Iran got a lot stronger after the Asian Cup).
                        This move basically gave those people a voice at the federation. I don't believe Asadi has any "football credentials" but his position is procedural, not technical. Putting aside these latest developments, IFF had been EXTREMELY weak in procedural matters. You can't have a clown that constantly deflects responsibility running a football federation.

In any professional organization, there has to be a clear chain of command and every member of that organization should be subject to some sort of performance evaluation. This is not a situation that's unique to the IFF, rather its non-existence was a uniquely IFF situation.
                        Unfortunately, CQ neither agreed with that newly established chain of command nor with his performance evaluation. We don't know the full extent of what happened behind closed doors, but based on what we've seen we can assume that Asadi must have been pretty abrasive.
                        IMHO, CQ should have completed that meeting saying he would consider the points Asadi brought up (regardless of his approach) and get-together for another meeting to discuss further, rather than airing out their dirty laundry publicly. That would have made things worse anywhere else in the world and it obviously did here.
                        Now, we got two stubborn people locked into a shit show conflict with a clown in the middle and a whole bunch of khar o gauvs in the periphery, with no one having any skills or desire to deescalate the situation and with TM and the fans suffering from the fallout.
                        Years or mismanagement and unprofessionalism at the IFF are now in full public display for the whole world to see. And if CQ takes his complaint to FIFA, theere could be severe repercussions for all FF programs. Of course, none of this is reflecting positively on CQ or helping him secure another position because he has been through this more than once.
                        Everyone needs to just calm the fuck down, sit at a table and hash things out. Asadi needs to realize that his responsibility is to protect the interests of the NT's and that regardless of his personal feelings, this situation is not helping. And CQ needs to realize that he ultimately does need to report to someone in this job and can't be constantly criticizing his boss(es) or the organization that he works for.

Comment

Thank you CQ for exposing the monkeys of our gov't run federation. Same as any other IR run thing in that country, a big F U to all the risho bastards. i just hope one day we can stand up to them and get rid of them for good.

Comment

I am going to miss CQ
                            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

blah blah blah not worth reading any more
                              Like I already said, everything for you is black and white, all or nothing, you're either with me or against me.

With that type of mentality (which is coincidentally as IR as it gets) it's only natural to look at someone in the middle and think that shifting views slightly to the left or right of a topic are flip flopping from one extreme to the other or being contradictory.

Ultimately, everyone's view of the world and other people in it, is limited by their mental capacity. And your mental capacity limits you to all or nothing, black or white, with me or against me.

Trying to have a discussion with you is no less futile than expecting a computer to operate beyond 1's and 0's. If it wasn't, you wouldn't have to chase people from thread to thread and try and get some attention that way.

As you would say, halaa beshin hey zoor bezan ensha benevis.

Comment

I just learned they wanted Income tax from him. or was it part of all the excuses?

Comment

Working...
                                X