We missed Azmoun & Jahanbakhsh today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    Of course...but part of development is listening to the coach and sticking to the plan. Young kids with too much ppwer or say is not a good thing either. Does it suck of course...but TM omid needed his talents and his 4 goals and assists were critical. He prob reacted the same way when rubin transfered him. Do we want a team of leaders or boys with a sense of entitlement...do you want Rahmati or Bieranvand? Hajsafi or Teymourian.

Nothing in the world of professional spprts is handed to you, it's earned...this is what Klinsman has done for US youth program...before him guys lile Freddy Edu were given automatic inclusion into NT now look where Edu is...since Klinsman took over young stars like Green earn their spot and help all levels they are eligible to do so...

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
    Ozone jan, i agree. now look at it this way. could we have given the two spots to two promising and upcoming omid players? it is about Youth development right? we want to find more gems right? Azmoun and JB are being developed at the highest level. the least we can do is give youngsters in iran the chance to play Omid because their clubs dont! dont know the kids name but he plays for prespolis as a midfielder in the Omid team. started 2 games and was subbed in the first game! does not get playing time for PP but we saw how well he played for Omid and also got a goal against Afghanistan. we could of gave the two spots to players like him. developing more youth players that dont get playing time for their club for the reason may be.

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
      we scored 15 goals in the Olympic qualifiers. only 3 of the goals were scored by azmoun. im 100% sure with or without we would of advanced as the best second places team since most members said without the two we would lose to saudi...which we ended up losing anyways.
      I don't want to draw any conclusions for anyone or make this into another long drawn out argument, but just to state the facts:

Had we scored 4 Less goals in the Palestine and Afghanistan games, we would have been eliminated today. Sardar & JB scored or assisted 7 of the goals in those two games.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
        I don't want to draw any conclusions for anyone or make this into another long drawn out argument, but just to state the facts:

Had we scored 4 Less goals in the Palestine and Afghanistan games, we would have been eliminated today. Sardar & JB scored or assisted 7 of the goals in those two games.
        no no i get ur point aziz, and i appreciate the stats but, who says the replacments wouldnt have scored? thats all im saying! at the end of the day it comes to "If"

Comment

Ozone jan, i agree. now look at it this way. could we have given the two spots to two promising and upcoming omid players? it is about Youth development right? we want to find more gems right? Azmoun and JB are being developed at the highest level. the least we can do is give youngsters in iran the chance to play Omid because their clubs dont! dont know the kids name but he plays for prespolis as a midfielder in the Omid team. started 2 games and was subbed in the first game! does not get playing time for PP but we saw how well he played for Omid and also got a goal against Afghanistan. we could of gave the two spots to players like him. developing more youth players that dont get playing time for their club for the reason may be.
          Yes but at what price. A team that qualifies has more chance to develop than a team that does not? Playing more is beneficial for all. Of course if we had a chance to include two ready replacements for ARJ and Azmoun why not...at the Senior level we know we have replacements for them...in fact we have many capable players who haven't even earned a cap. At Omid, players of that calibre are harder to find. At some point, the line has to be drawn, and in this case, it's U23...both players are eligible and should be in the U23 squad...after all it's about taking the best U23 players, and making them better...not just taking any U23 player. Remember the Sweden and Chile games were friendly matches...we could have many what ifs, what if neither ARJ or Azmoun played in those matches or got 2 min each...what if they were injured? What ifs and shayads mean nothing...we have to go on what is available at the time. You cannot blame Quieroz for wanting his strongest squad, nor can we blame Khakpour...each coach wants the best that is available to him.
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

The experience they could have gained through these 2 TM matches, would have been enormous for such young talents, Omid team easily would have beaten Afghanistan and Nepal, with or without these 2 talents nonetheless, we lost to KSA anyway, so heir presence didn't help the cause either. It was just a useless series of U-23 games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But without Azmoun and ARJ Team Melli would almost certainly have no chance of qualifying for the Olympic qualification. As it likely stands it seems like their inclusion will help Iran go through as the best second place team...I am not sure how much Azmoun or Jahanbakhsh would have helped against Sweden today.
              I have to respectfully disagree here.

Motahari was doing more than enough damage for team Omid up front and JBs contributions throughout the 4 games was minimal.

At the end of the day you i don't think it can logically be argued that these guys were the reason we advanced and that we would have struggled without them....that's the bigger picture here IMO.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yes but at what price. A team that qualifies has more chance to develop than a team that does not? Playing more is beneficial for all. Of course if we had a chance to include two ready replacements for ARJ and Azmoun why not...at the Senior level we know we have replacements for them...in fact we have many capable players who haven't even earned a cap. At Omid, players of that calibre are harder to find. At some point, the line has to be drawn, and in this case, it's U23...both players are eligible and should be in the U23 squad...after all it's about taking the best U23 players, and making them better...not just taking any U23 player. Remember the Sweden and Chile games were friendly matches...we could have many what ifs, what if neither ARJ or Azmoun played in those matches or got 2 min each...what if they were injured? What ifs and shayads mean nothing...we have to go on what is available at the time. You cannot blame Quieroz for wanting his strongest squad, nor can we blame Khakpour...each coach wants the best that is available to him.
                seems like you are saying the only reason we Qualified to the second round was because JB and Azmoun. give credit to the rest of the players. i totaly agree with Ghermez Agha. Motahari was causing so much damage! there was really no need for Azmoun in my opinion. with or without the two we would have Qualified. they didnt gain anything from this tourney. what they could have learned from the two friendlies was Physical European style soccer and fast Speed/passing style soccer from Chile. your opinion is urs and mine is mine.

Comment

seems like you are saying the only reason we Qualified to the second round was because JB and Azmoun. give credit to the rest of the players. i totaly agree with Ghermez Agha. Motahari was causing so much damage! there was really no need for Azmoun in my opinion. with or without the two we would have Qualified. they didnt gain anything from this tourney. what they could have learned from the two friendlies was Physical European style soccer and fast Speed/passing style soccer from Chile. your opinion is urs and mine is mine.
                  By that logic, then Azmoun and Arj should definitely not have joined TM for Sweden and Chile since seeing as how they play professionally in Europe they are the least likely in need of that European experience. Better to give that training opportunity to players who don't play in Europe day in and day out. Like you said your opinion is yours and mine is mine

Comment

The ONLY use case for an under 23 team is to give young players international experience and prepare them for the main squad. Thats it.
                    Sardar and ARJ are already beyond that. They are no longer under 23 players. This opportunity should be given to other players with less experience. not to mention that playing Nepal and afghanistan is not really an opportunity anyways. You gain more experience playing "toshak sazi e Varamin"
                    Anyways. point being that no one cares about who you beat in under 23. What matters in football is who you beat with your main NT.

Comment

We definitely missed them. There were no winners in this strange arrangement which always only had one sense, namely mobbing the best coach we ever had out of his job.

Comment

By that logic, then Azmoun and Arj should definitely not have joined TM for Sweden and Chile since seeing as how they play professionally in Europe they are the least likely in need of that European experience. Better to give that training opportunity to players who don't play in Europe day in and day out. Like you said your opinion is yours and mine is mine

well Friendlies are for getting the team in synch with each other but i pretty much agree with you. im still mad at CQ for not calling up replacements for JB and Azmoun! we could have deff used Sharifi!

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                          We definitely missed them. There were no winners in this strange arrangement which always only had one sense, namely mobbing the best coach we ever had out of his job.

Well unfortunately that's what it seems to be about. Honestly, if Khakpour was TM coach and Quieroz was U23 coach would you all side with Khakpour's request to have both players in the senior squad?

Clearly anyone who thinks U23 is a joke needs to ask themselves why Klinsman who has had so much more success with USMNT thinks differently.

Comment

I shared this exact opinion too but look at who got the opportunities over them and for how long? ghafouri was dejagah's sub (who played the full match against chile and therefore gained some valuable experience in that) and RGN just played the full 90 against Sweden and let KA get some useless minutes against chile. the more these guys are together against top opposition like Sweden and chile the better prepared they will be when the next major tournament comes or future high quality friendly.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I don't understand people arguing against them being with the Omid team.

Sweden was a friendly and there's enough time for them to become more integrated in the senior team before games that really count (WCQ).

OTOH, they can help Iran to finally qualify for the Olympics, so strategically the choice was correct and frankly, a no brainer for anyone in charge to make these type of decisions.

Comment

Working...
                              X