Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should replace Carlos Quiros, if he is gone for good.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    I would argue that it has already been a bust. In 8+ years we have all drank from the very expensive CQ garorade. Is the money we pay this man really worth it? I think we have become clouded in our view of him. The external footballing world certainly does not see this guy as all that great or mighty. In fact, I would suggest he has so much hype but doesn't really get modern football. The huge advantage CQ has is is connections, but I doubt other international coaches at far less prices can't match that. I am not talking Branko, but certainly many on this list (https://www.forbes.com/sites/ricardo.../#c4c604942741) are cheaper and can do a much much better job with Asia's #1.

As an example of what I mean, remember CQ and his rant against the referee and Ronaldo...we know Ronaldo received a yellow despite CQ feeling it was an automatic red during the WC...how does the world media see it?

Iran manager Carlos Queiroz couldn't understand why Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't sent off. Ronaldo appeared to elbow center-back Morteza Pouraliganji as they jockeyed for possession, prompting hysteria on Iran's bench. Referee Enrique Caceres was called to review the footage and ultimately gave Ronaldo a yellow instead of the red Queiroz was looking for. It took several minutes before Caceres reached into his pocket.

"Elbow is a red card in the rules," Queiroz said. "The rules don't say if it's (Lionel) Messi or Ronaldo."
    Ronaldo clearly swung his arm but only to get past Morteza Pouraliganji, who had stumbled into the path of the Portuguese international. According to FIFA rules, a player can be cautioned for a reckless offense and sent off for using excessive force. No one can dispute Ronaldo was reckless, but it's debatable whether he used excessive force. Caceres had reasonable cause to show a yellow card.

Verdict: Hit ✅

https://www.thescore.com/news/1686462

For me...the definition of insanity as Einstein put it...is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. CQ did a lot in the first 4 years but I think he has stayed long enough as TM has now stagnated. Time for a change. No excuses, no Iran team should ever under any current or past circumstances draw against Palestine. Asia's # 1 should aim only for AC glory and nothing else...no matter what...no excuses! If we are not in AC final then CQ must go! End of story.
    Just remember this when we dont qualify for world cup 2022
    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      Just remember this when we dont qualify for world cup 2022
      And if we do and go beyond group stage? Who says CQs replacement can't give us more? No risk no reward. Thank you CQ for all you have done...now let's do more!

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

And if we do and go beyond group stage? Who says CQs replacement can't give us more? No risk no reward. Thank you CQ for all you have done...now let's do more!

If my aunt had a dick shed be my uncle
        The reality is CQ has a pride and passion and love for Iran our players us as fans and everything to do with Iran, No accomplished coach would put up with 10% of the shit he had to put up with, Not only that, we cant even get one to accept to come and work and stay in Iran full time. CQ is not the best coach in the world, but hes our king, hes one of us. We live together we die together.

You know who else said no risk no reward lets try for something better then what we have? Iranians 1979. Dont be fooled please. If cq goes we are in for misery. DOnt forget Dejagah never would have played for Iran if not for cq, Dont forget cq made beiranvand, gucci, hosseini, PAG, amiri, rezaein, hajisafi and so on.
        WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Before CQ there was no Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Azizi, Bagheri, Abedzadeh...va va va. BEFORE CQ we never won Asias top prize or even achieved a point...and by your logic after CQ we will never achieve anything?

We have had far more turmoil and still attracted coaches. Do you for a second believe if CQ was not getting $2+ million he would remain in Iran? You act like CQ is getting paid misreably. He is one of the top paid coaches in the world and given all of Iran's financial challenges he hasn't really earned the salary. No hardware. Worst possession record in 2 back 2 back WC...and if it weren't for 1 own goal 1 pk we would have no goals this past WC...have we achieved much?

CQ has outlasted most coaches lifespan...time for change. Of course I'm not suggesting we higher anybody but let's learn from what CQ gave us and find better...after all if reports are true CQ is looking for his next opportunity just as he bailed on South Africa for Iran...one day he will bail on us for others...let's not get caught dreaming about what was or can be when we should remember where we want to go!

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

The thread title is a good indicator for the quality of the discussion at hand.

Comment

Before CQ there was no Daei, Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Azizi, Bagheri, Abedzadeh...va va va. BEFORE CQ we never won Asias top prize or even achieved a point...and by your logic after CQ we will never achieve anything?

We have had far more turmoil and still attracted coaches. Do you for a second believe if CQ was not getting $2+ million he would remain in Iran? You act like CQ is getting paid misreably. He is one of the top paid coaches in the world and given all of Iran's financial challenges he hasn't really earned the salary. No hardware. Worst possession record in 2 back 2 back WC...and if it weren't for 1 own goal 1 pk we would have no goals this past WC...have we achieved much?

CQ has outlasted most coaches lifespan...time for change. Of course I'm not suggesting we higher anybody but let's learn from what CQ gave us and find better...after all if reports are true CQ is looking for his next opportunity just as he bailed on South Africa for Iran...one day he will bail on us for others...let's not get caught dreaming about what was or can be when we should remember where we want to go!

If you want to try to find something to criticize for cq yes you can say we dont play tiki taka and dont score 8 goals a game but you must be a barca or madrid or man city fan im guessing ?
              Ill remember the 4 points in a world cup. Most ever. Ill remember he broke the curse and qualified us 2 times in a row. Ill remember we play a full 90 minutes every game no matter who we play. And ill remember that he made us have respect around the world
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

I think one of the main points of the argument here is this: Is there anyone available and willing to coach Iran if CQ leaves that will at the very least be of the same caliber if not better?" I don't agree with taking a coach out of necessity simply because he was the best of what coaches were interested and available to us as opposed to because he is interested, available and better than what we have.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                  I’d love Moruinho, that is if he even considers us worthy. :/
                  He should feel honored to manage Iran.
                  Iran is one of the top 30 teams in the world.
                  And his options maybe limited.
                  Remember Sven-Goran Eriksson? He is coaching Philippines in the AC 2019.

Comment

Ghalenoie is the only logical option imo

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      I think one of the main points of the argument here is this: Is there anyone available and willing to coach Iran if CQ leaves that will at the very least be of the same caliber if not better?" I don't agree with taking a coach out of necessity simply because he was the best of what coaches were interested and available to us as opposed to because he is interested, available and better than what we have.
                      Precisely ..!
                      Who is a superior & cheaper alternative to replace CQ ..?? If felon felon
                      Do you really think IFF is capable of attaining his services & can they really improve on current status quo .!?

Comment

Der Zakarian

Comment

Persiangodfather, I totally agree with you. I liken Queiroz' accomplishments to the success of a hardworking and creative teacher who's been given the task of cultivating educational development among underachieving or disadvantaged but talented children. To do so, he starts out by instilling confidence in his students, doing what it takes to motivate them to continue learning. But because of years of mismanagement, neglect and lack of adequate resources he has a difficult task ahead. He's also continuously pressured by the authorities in charge, the fans and the media to quickly deliver positive results, meaning, make the kids as competitive as those in top echelon schools. Yet, because of financial, developmental and bureaucratic restraints, his success cannot be interpreted or judged in such concrete terms. In other words, his work needs to be evaluated within the scope of the limitations and difficulties he has inherited; he must therefore be judged in terms of development within the ability level he's working with, not in terms of rapid progression to loftier heights.

This is exactly what Queiroz has done with Iranian soccer, and he's had tremendous success doing so. I hope people start realizing that, over the years, the positive he's achieved far outweighs the negative he's engendered, and that IFF somehow finds a way to extend his contract for another four years. That will also depend on the team's performance in the Asian Cup. If the team brings home the trophy, there will be far more pressure to keep Queiroz at the helm. I hope that turns out to be the case. Unfortunately, I read a report last night stating that he's already reached financial agreement with the Colombian Soccer Federation. Hope he ends up staying in Iran.

Comment

The notion of CQ not bringing us silverware is absurd. The only major tournaments that the senior team participates in are the WC and the Asian Cup. With regard to the World Cup, it would be ludicrous to think that any of the Asian teams will get a medal ranking. On the basis of WC performance accolades, most pundits ranked Iran as the best Asian team in both 2014 and 2018 (despite Japans R16 progression). Furthermore, he was the first coach to guide us to back-to-back World Cups (and first in our qualifying groups). I just find the contrast in attitudes hilarious; between 2007 - 2011, not only did we resign to the fact that we had become a tier 2 Asian side, we'd often try to defend ourselves by saying we have a corrupt government, federation, etc (as opposed to countries like South Korea, Australia, and Japan). Now that we have tasted an extended run of success, we seem to be entitled to everything.

Furthermore, on basis of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, it's beyond unfair to blame CQ for the result. I'm not someone that runs around blaming the ref after every match but the 2004 SF against China and 2015 QF against Australia are perhaps two of the biggest robberies I've witnessed in our football.

Don't get me started on the one WAFF tournament we participated in. Even if we won that clown show of a Mickey Mouse tournament, critics would be saying that we didn't bring CQ to win WAFF.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                              If CQ does go, which I hope it does not happen, here is the list of potential candidates that should be given a chance:

1- Zinédine Zidane

2- Antonio Conte

3- Arsène Wenger

4- Felix Magath

5- Jürgen Klinsmann

6- Dunga

7- André Villas-Boas

8- Martin Jol

9- Louis van Gaal

10- Laurent Blanc
                              I'm gonna include Jose Mourinho for #11

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                                The notion of CQ not bringing us silverware is absurd. The only major tournaments that the senior team participates in are the WC and the Asian Cup. With regard to the World Cup, it would be ludicrous to think that any of the Asian teams will get a medal ranking. On the basis of WC performance accolades, most pundits ranked Iran as the best Asian team in both 2014 and 2018 (despite Japans R16 progression). Furthermore, he was the first coach to guide us to back-to-back World Cups (and first in our qualifying groups). I just find the contrast in attitudes hilarious; between 2007 - 2011, not only did we resign to the fact that we had become a tier 2 Asian side, we'd often try to defend ourselves by saying we have a corrupt government, federation, etc (as opposed to countries like South Korea, Australia, and Japan). Now that we have tasted an extended run of success, we seem to be entitled to everything.

Furthermore, on basis of the 2015 AFC Asian Cup, it's beyond unfair to blame CQ for the result. I'm not someone that runs around blaming the ref after every match but the 2004 SF against China and 2015 QF against Australia are perhaps two of the biggest robberies I've witnessed in our football.

Don't get me started on the one WAFF tournament we participated in. Even if we won that clown show of a Mickey Mouse tournament, critics would be saying that we didn't bring CQ to win WAFF.
                                And what’s sad and ironic about those two robberies are:

1) 2004 Asian Cup: Sattar Zare sent off for “hitting” the Chinese player.

2) 2015 Asian Cup: Mehrdad Pouladi sent off for playing the role of the Chinese player in a similar scenario from the 2004 Asian Cup.

It’s as if the referees will harm Iran no matter which side they choose to be. The hitter or the person hit, even if play acting.

Comment

Working...
                                X