Clear All

Team Canada and Team USA are jokes.

Comment

Khodadad is Afghani????!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
        Khodadad is Afghani????!!!!
        Kinda. He is from khorasan.
        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Where is Khodadad from? Oh, I don't know, lets look at what country's jersey he is wearing.

Khodadad is Mashhadi and the last time i checked Mashhad is part of Iran. end of story.
          Last edited by TheBoss; 09-05-2015, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            Team Canada and Team USA are jokes.
            Canada yes. But whats wrong with Team USA?

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion
              There is no football culture or passion for it. MLS sucks ass. It is totally disappointing. Only Baseball, Basketball and American football matters for Americans.
              That's true, but at least they invest in football. Their national team is pretty good bro.

Comment

There is no football culture or passion for it. MLS sucks ass. It is totally disappointing. Only Baseball, Basketball and American football matters for Americans.
                You have no idea what you're talking about.
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I do not see how you can still say this is true. Their women's team just won the World Cup and the love for football is definitely growing in America. More and more games are constantly being shown on TV and the MLS may be weak but is definitely growing quickly. Also, USA performed very well in the 2014 World Cup getting past the group stage with a very tough group consisting of Portugal and Germany.

Comment

Please stop .. Just stop. If you have no info on something don't go on and comment .i watch MLS games week in and week out ! Don't tell me it sucks because I'm currently laughing .

Comment

The US definitely deserves a lot more credit than many people are willing to give them IMHO and a big part of the reason is that a lot of people across the world simply don't like American policies or worse yet, Americans in general.

But a team that has made it to every World Cup since 1990 and reached at least the round of 16 in EVERY WC not held in Europe since (where they are not the most popular team) deserves to be considered a consistent top 15 side.

That's unfortunately more than we can say about our own TM and every other Asian, African, North American and South American team (with the exception of Brazil, Argentina and Mexico of course).

Comment

So do you mean my personal experience has been a brainwashing experience?! I don't think so. Second generation of Iranian-Americans mostly think MLS is great for various reasons.(One might be pride) I don't say anything about other sports in America. I love NBA and American volleyball team, but I can not stand American football (soccer). I forced myself several times to watch our national team's matches or MLS matches and regretted afterward.
                        I do not understand why you think the men's national team is so horrible. Like come on, a few months ago they were able to defeat Germany and Netherlands in the same week. Even if these were friendlies, looking at the squads all teams used consistent starters in their line ups. But yes, I can see how you feel disappointed with MLS. Many of the teams do not compare with each other as well. But it is definitely growing. The sport is no where near as big as other countries in terms of fans, but we have developed a pretty damn good national team with players in notable clubs around the world.

Comment

I live in US, so I think I know what I am talking about.
                          As do I, and as an employee of the NY red bulls coaching staff I think I know much better than you do what I'm talking about.

Does it have culture comparable to other parts of the world? Probably not

Is it developing more rapidly than any other league in the wod? Absolutely

Does it have better infrastructure than any other league outside Europe and perhaps maybe one or two South American leagues? Absolutely

To laugh at football in America shows an extremely high level of ignorance...look up any stat you want and you'll see football here rises in every area of the game each and every year.

If you laugh at the game here than you have to laugh at football in the vast majority of places in the world...because it doesn't have a long and successful history and crude doesn't make
                          It a joke.
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                            As do I, and as an employee of the NY red bulls coaching staff I think I know much better than you do what I'm talking about.

Does it have culture comparable to other parts of the world? Probably not

Is it developing more rapidly than any other league in the wod? Absolutely

Does it have better infrastructure than any other league outside Europe and perhaps maybe one or two South American leagues? Absolutely

To laugh at football in America shows an extremely high level of ignorance...look up any stat you want and you'll see football here rises in every area of the game each and every year.

If you laugh at the game here than you have to laugh at football in the vast majority of places in the world...because it doesn't have a long and successful history and crude doesn't make
                            It a joke.
                            To be fair J League has better infrastructure, but only because all their playing surfaces are natural grass. Also the thing about MLS is that they don't play the right way, it isn't a bad team, but the league will never develop a world class talent. They are trained physically FIRST rather than technically. Look at the Japenese, look how many players they have playing in Bundesliga THAT WERE DEVELOPED FROM JAPAN, not born in Germany and developed their like several USA players. Japan is the perfect example of its better to have good skills and be small, rather than be strong and average skills. For example Gyasi Zardes, the "new golden boy" of USA, from what I have seen Taremi is easily better than him, because Taremi knows how to play smart, connect passes....etc. The quality of MLS has improved a lot, and for arguments sake lets say its a little bit better than PGPL (because of foreign players, lampard, villa....etc) which means that it is on par with K League and J League, but I am still not convinced that LA Galaxy could get a result against the average J League team. When I watch J League teams play, you can see why Japan is so successful now a days, they are always looking to play short passes, and when there is a tight space, they try to get out quickly with small combinations. But, I was watching the LA Galaxy-NYCFC game the other week and I lost count how many times the fullbacks or centerbacks just aimlessly kicked the ball in the 10th row because they had an attacker on their back (the fullbacks an centerbacaks aren't simply good enough to deal with a 1v1 situation in their own half), also MLS is like a ping pong match, midfield attempts long ball.... gets intercepted, center back passes to midfield, midfield attempts counter attack long ball.... etc. rarely do I see MLS teams play quick short passes in attempt to find an extra man, the midfielders take way too many touches, they should be playing 1-2 touch all the time! they take 5,6-7 touches on many occasions an make a bad pass, look at Toni Kroos, Iniesta, Schweinsteiger, these players play in 1 or 2 touch for 90% of the game! MLS thinks they are moving in the right direction, but they are wrong! If they want to be a successful league, they have to stop buying older players and instead invest in younger foreigners, look at what Tractor Sazi is doing, they bought a 21 year old Brazilian from Serie A team Internacional who used to play in the Brazil youth NT, thats what MLS needs to do, FC Dallas did a good job with that colombian chap Castillo, a model for all MLS teams. Long story short, MLS and UMNT won't get anywhere until they change their style of play, against Germany, Brazil, Spain you don't have a chance if you play physically, you have to play quickly, something MLS completely fails to do!

Also MLS is only developing rapidly in popularity, not in quality of play! Mainly just due to old stars! For past 3,4 years I haven't seen any improvement in MLS teams changing from their aimeless kick away tactics! The CONCACAF Champions League is a good measure, and shows that MLS still cannot be compared to Liga MX. If you honestly ask me, MLS is on par with the Romanian Liga I, thats honestly in my opinion a realistic comparison (not in terms of infrastructre of professionalism, but quality of play)

Comment

Afghans are namak nashnas

So, Afghanistan is going to play Japan at Azadi stadium. Out of kindness of our heart, we are going to let them play there because Afghanistan is a landlocked, destroyed shithole. And this is the response we get.

The namknashnas fans of Afghanistan are calling Iranians names for the ticket price that were set by the sponsor of their own team, an afghan company

Now let's see what these namaknashnas, moftkhors have to say

Do they have no shame?

https://www.facebook.com/footballnam...type=1&theater

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
                                Afghans are namak nashnas

So, Afghanistan is going to play Japan at Azadi stadium. Out of kindness of our heart, we are going to let them play there because Afghanistan is a landlocked, destroyed shithole. And this is the response we get.

The namknashnas fans of Afghanistan are calling Iranians names for the ticket price that were set by the sponsor of their own team, an afghan company

Now let's see what these namaknashnas, moftkhors have to say

Do they have no shame?

https://www.facebook.com/footballnam...type=1&theater
                                is the ticket price really 50 toman?

Comment

Working...
                                X