World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
    Italy has gone from a side that could only play one of Del Piero/Totti (at their prime), to having trash like Darmian and Gabiaddini starting such an important match for them.

There was a time a decade or so ago when their 18-men squad included world class (or borderline WC) players: Buffon, Peruzzi, Pagliuca, Panucci, Nesta, Maldini, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, De Rossi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Camoranesi, Totti, Del Piero, Inzaghi, Vieri, Toni....

Amazing the drop off of talent that has happened since they won the WC in Germany.
    True. Same for Holland.
    But look up belgium 2007 squad compared to now..same story

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
    CITY

Comment

YES SWEDEN! I AM SOOOOOO HAPPY!

God I hate Italy and their obnoxious fans so much. It will be so awesome not having to see them at the WC. This also means that we will not have Italy in our group!

Comment

Let the "Countries like Iran are there, but Italy and Netherlands aren't" phrases start.

Comment

so who all left to qualify..? when will wcq Complete?

Comment

Denmark will qualify tomorrow, New Zealand and Australia on the 15th.

Comment

So sad that Italy missed out on the World Cup, feel bad for their fans and especially Buffon. I hope Sweden gets slammed next year.

Comment

Play-off results of the last 3 days

New Zealand 0-0 Peru
                Honduras 0-0 Australia
                Denmark 0-0 Ireland
                Switzerland 0-0 Northern Ireland
                Greece 0-0 Croatia
                Italy 0-0 Sweden

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                  Play-off results of yesterday and today

New Zealand 0-0 Peru
                  Honduras 0-0 Australia
                  Denmark 0-0 Ireland
                  Greece 0-0 Croatia
                  Italy 0-0 Sweden
                  I think away goals counting double in case of a draw, has caused teams to be really consevative/defensive. I'm now not sure if this is a good idea after all??

Comment

Originally posted by footballeirani View Post
                    Denmark will qualify tomorrow, New Zealand and Australia on the 15th.
                    I doubt New Zealand can qualify, Peru at home is a different team

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                      I doubt New Zealand can qualify, Peru at home is a different team
                      Oops thought game was in New Zealand. Yup Peru will qualify.

Comment

Play-off results of the last 3 days

New Zealand 0-0 Peru
                        Honduras 0-0 Australia
                        Denmark 0-0 Ireland
                        Greece 0-0 Croatia
                        Italy 0-0 Sweden
                        CQ has taught them well. Everyone wants to be TM these days.

Comment

Let the "Countries like Iran are there, but Italy and Netherlands aren't" phrases start.

That's the whole spirit of the WCs. Otherwise we might as well just watch Euro Cups etc. Best teams of all continents get a chance to face each other and create a worldwide hype and excitement. Now at times teams like Japan, South Korea, Costa rica, Algeria and many underdogs causing upset by eliminating powerhouses, and making it far into the competition.

It also teaches superior teams not to get too cocky, and take anything lightly!

Comment

Gianluigi Buffon is crying after the elimination:

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                            We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                              YES FUCK YOU ITALY FUCK YOU!!!! WE DID IT!
                              cant socre against us in 180 minutes you dont deserve to be in the world cup, it was Carlos Quieroz defence times 2 here!
                              And also fuck independent kurdistan.
                              It would have been nice if you also showed such enthusiasm for the two Iran wins against Panama and Venezuela.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Italy not in a World Cup.....now that's mind blowing, wow. I'm lost at words!

I love Italy's national team and have always rooted for them but a small part of me was wanting to see them mess up for unfairly leaving out giovinco which was an absolute crime. Those forwards like gabiadini are zilch compared to giovinco!
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                                X