Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love this so far

Comment

What's up with so many people hating on US football team? If anything, the growth of football in the US can only help FIFA's $$$ and marketing strategies etc.

Holland and Chile not qualifying will be a big blow to this WC. A much weakened Spain, Argentina and elimination of Holland and Chile already don't sound like a very competitive WC. Hopefully I will be proven wrong!

I predict another Germany championship!!!

^^^ Of course only if Iran doesn't win it all!

Comment

Originally posted by AliKarimi8 View Post
        New Zealand must play against Peru.

Australia have to play against Honduras.

Chile is also out..
        Hopefully Honduras will eliminate Australia.

Comment

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          Hopefully Honduras will eliminate Australia.
          Iran Shireh, but Australia Kangaroooeh and will jump past the Hondurans with ease!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
            What's up with so many people hating on US football team? If anything, the growth of football in the US can only help FIFA's $$$ and marketing strategies etc.
            Holland and Chile not qualifying will be a big blow to this WC. A much weakened Spain, Argentina and elimination of Holland and Chile already don't sound like a very competitive WC. Hopefully I will be proven wrong!
            Personally, I don't hate their team. I used to be a big fan for many years until the 1998 WC when they started badmouthing TM before the game.
            Over the years they've become arrogant and some of that has to do with their easy qualification path. FIFA is very generous to them. They are virtually guaranteed a spot in the worldcup having to only face Mexico, and at times, an average Costa Rica.

This knockout was a good wakeup call for them.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I generally want the US to advance in tournaments because living here it ensures I get good TV coverage of the event. But in this case they were simply not good enough and too cocky to realize it.
              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

^ and hopefully we don't have to listen to a Musberger talk about a nuclear treaty in the middle of a WC game.
                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Man.. Seeing teams like US and Chile not make it, I can only imagine the fcking pain they're feeling lool..

I didn't follow TM as much pre 2010 as I do now, so I haven't been through us missing any World Cups yet, but I can only imagine it being soo fcking depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    Man.. Seeing teams like US and Chile not make it, I can only imagine the fcking pain they're feeling lool..

I didn't follow TM as much pre 2010 as I do now, so I haven't been through us missing any World Cups yet, but I can only imagine it being soo fcking depressing.
                    Such a bad feeling man. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post

I think it's between France/Brazil. France has so many talented players and they have a good shot. Brazil has gotten in a good form as well and they'll make it far next year.

Comment

you're very lucky then... 2002 was heartbreaking for alot of us. Before 98 we didn't even have expectations.

Comment

2009 was very rough for me when Park Ji Sung hit that late equalizer on us.

Comment

I went out to watch the US vs Trinidad game. First two bars did not even have the game on TV. The third bar was showing the game as well as Hockey. Hardly anyone was invested in the soccer game. I heard some late cheers thinking the US has scored but in fact they were clapping since there was a score in the hockey game.

Comment

If they in fact expand the World Cup to 48 teams the only drama left in qualification will be whether it's Bangladesh or Pakistan. All semi decent teams will be expected to make it with little effort.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                                If they in fact expand the World Cup to 48 teams the only drama left in qualification will be whether it's Bangladesh or Pakistan. All semi decent teams will be expected to make it with little effort.
                                Could be good for Asia´s development when they can face better international competition during the WC. Especially countries like Iran which rarely get any good friendlies.

Comment

Working...
                                X