Clear All

Originally posted by FF187 View Post
    Whom will they face in the playoffs?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
    Panama or Honduras

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
      Panama or Honduras
      Or given some high scoring games the US.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
        Panama or Honduras
        What's the odds for the Aussies making it against Panama or Honduras? I personally think it is important for Asia that they make it so I'll root for them.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          the game itself wasnt nearly as 1sided as those stats indicate though...! but yes Aussies ultimately deserved their victory..!

it was actually a pretty boring match to watch barring few minutes in 2nd half ...!! in that little bit when game became end to end and open, the scrappy-ass syrians looked a more dangerous attacking side..!!?
          I thought syrian's shoulda risked more offensively in 2nd half (especially towards the end) as they were already tiring badly with their squad/bench already decimated too, also because Aussies were playing awful nervous and seemed prone to a defensive miscue if pressed and put under pressure ..! a goal for Syrians anytime in the 2nd half woulda all but put the game outa aussie's reach and it was the best chance for syrian's to come out victorious ..!!

ultimately Syrians opted to go for the tie and Pk shoot-out and surprising to me, they actually got pretty close to achieving that too and probably would have if they werent playing a man short..!!?

Comment

Aussies were desperate and only a 38 year old geezer saved their ass. That's how miserable they are. I just think they are at least better than Syria representing AFC in play off or WC.

Comment

Neither Syria nor Australia deserve to be in the WC from what we have seen from both sides! A Central American Team like Honduras or Panamas IMO will do much better that a team of geezers from a nation that is not known for nor likes Soccer..

Comment

Tim Cahill - you're a legend! Tim Cahill - you're a legend!

*God bless Oh Aussie Tim Cahill, you're a legend*

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                  I just think they are at least better than Syria representing AFC in play off or WC.[/B]
                  that they are...! they are a soul-less and boring side but they seem well organized and tactically sound...!!
                  i think they'll match up well vs any leftover CONCACAF side and easily brush them aside for WCQualification..!!
                  they certainly seem more capable of a respectful WC run than the Syrians ..!

Comment

Australia wasn't able to beat Syria in 90 minutes in 2 crucial games either. This shows that our players weren't letting the syrians to go through the next round and they were actually somewhat decent.

Comment

Soorie vaghean jangid, vali khodemonim, che ghadr vaghtkoshi kardan! Gandesho dar avordan va che porro hastan ke vaghti gole dovvom raa khordan sare davar daad mizadan chon

masalan Australia daasht vaght-koshi mikard. Aberoye footballe Asia raa bordan.
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Fuck Syrias team. I'm glad they are eliminated.

Disrespectful little punks.
                        The world stage is not for a bunch of time wasting, complaining, grass rolling, and diving players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Even with Syria's elimination, they did an incredible job to even get this far playing in the circumstances they were dealing.
                          This is a war-torn country that didn't have a SINGLE true home game and were dubbed the group's "easy 3 points"

I think Syria has produced some fine talent for Asian sides to take them more seriously.

Comment

Morocco - South Korea 2-0 HT
                            Japan - Haiti 3-3 FT
                            Australia needs to rely on a 37 year old.

It doesn't look good for AFC.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                              Even with Syria's elimination, they did an incredible job to even get this far playing in the circumstances they were dealing.
                              This is a war-torn country that didn't have a SINGLE true home game and were dubbed the group's "easy 3 points"

I think Syria has produced some fine talent for Asian sides to take them more seriously.
                              Fully Agree, We all saw what the Iranian revolution did ( and continues to do ) to our football. Persepolis lost the game to AL A Hilal in Tehran NOT in UAE, they lost it to sepahi bastards who dont know how to run a sheep farm let alone Asia's top ranked club with over 20 million supporters ! Syria is the same, they have the crappiest clubs, they have NO facilities, they hardly have a government and yet they take the Game to Australia and almost, just almost made it, what separated the Aussies win to the Syrian loss was just that- Lack of a strong base, Aussies played at home in a stable rich country with all the best facilities, yet they struggled, so dont discount the grit and tenacity of the Syrian team. We all saw how they played us, they really wanted the win. We didn't as we had already qualified. Hunger is what drives achievement, but its talent , training and facilities that bring success. The reason the Syrians didn't achieve success os not because they couldn't but because they didnt know how to coming from the basic war torn infrastructure they were raised in...

Comment

No feelings which team (Australia or Syria) went through. Syria put out a good fight. They have good players and will do better in the future. Australia did NOT do anything special.
                                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Working...
                                X