World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame egypt qualified.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I normally always dislike Egypt when it comes to Africa football especially to the likes of Ivory Coast, Ghana, etc but this Egypt is very fun to watch and def one to keep an eye on. With talents such as Mo Salah, they can def make it out of the group stage.

Did anyone see that stadium once they qualified? Feels like Azadi is the only place that has an atmosphere like that

Comment

The amount of casual racism here is worrying.

Comment

I only started to dislike Egypt because of how uncivilized they've become in the past decade, not because they're Arab. Remember that blonde journalist many years ago that got raped and murdered in Egypt?

Comment

If anything, Egypt would be the perfect friendly opportunity that TM needs to pursue!

Comment

Africa could send 3 Arab teams (Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia) to the WC for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                I only started to dislike Egypt because of how uncivilized they've become in the past decade, not because they're Arab. Remember that blonde journalist many years ago that got raped and murdered in Egypt?
                Don't judge a complete nation based on one incident (or even more incidents). As if all Iranians are the most civilized, pure and professional people and there no bad incidents happening in Iran. There are good and bad in each country.

And regarding the Egyptian national team: very strong players of which 5 or 6 play in the Premier League in England. I don't know how easy it would be to "destroy" them. They are a much bigger name in international football than us.

Comment

Originally posted by Shayan_91 View Post
                  Don't blame a complete nation because of one (or even more) incidents. As if all Iranians are the most civilized, pure and professional people. There are good and bad in each country.

And regarding the Egyptian national team: very strong players of which 5 or 6 play in the Premier League in England. I don't know how easy it would be to "destroy" them. They are a much bigger name in international football than us.
                  We won't destroy them lol. Sher o ver migan adamah. Egypt is a good team, but the incident I mentioned occurred on the streets, not in some dark alley. This wouldn't happen in Iran. Anyways my experience with Egyptians has generally been good, I still hope they go back to their former self.

Comment

I find it remarkable that their starting GK is 44 years old! He will be 45 when the WC starts!

Comment

Out of all African teams that are qualified for the WC Egypt is definitely the weakest or second weakest. Tunisia and Nigeria are much stronger sides. I bet people who say they are good didn't even watch more than one of their matches. I watched them at the Africa cup and also some of their matches during the WCQ and I can assure you that they are nothing special. I'm not saying we'll defeat them 5-0 but we'll be the favorites. And also they suck at headers because almost all of them are small. One header from Azmoun and it's game over.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        I find it remarkable that their starting GK is 44 years old! He will be 45 when the WC starts!
                        That's insane. Some of the reactions I have seen on Social Media regarding Egyptians qualification shows how much it means to them.

Comment

The current record-holder for the oldest World Cup appearance belongs to Colombia's Mondragon, who played at the age of 43 years and 3 days. He can surpass the record next year.

Comment

That SOB looking pretty handsome for 44, he has to tell me his secrets!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                              That SOB looking pretty handsome for 44, he has to tell me his secrets!
                              No homo BUT I think Iran might just be the best looking team at this year's world cup like last time (I think we were voted the best looking team - forgot by whom, heard it from multiple people).

If there is Haghghi, ARJ, Saman Ghoddos, Ryan Tafazolli, Morteza, Ezatollahi etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                                That's insane. Some of the reactions I have seen on Social Media regarding Egyptians qualification shows how much it means to them.
                                The commentator and fans even cried. Imagine Iran qualifying for the WC after 27 years. They won between 2006 - 2010 three African cups in a row but could never manage to qualify for the WC while other Arab nations like Saudi, Algeria or Tunisia could do it. Imagine the frustration they had all these years.

Comment

Working...
                                X