No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is going to be insane, especially if you're a Wales/Croatia fan.
    Ukraine and Ireland know exactly what they have to do. They must win and it guarantees them a play-off spot. No ifs or buts.
    Very tricky for Wales/Croatia. Only a WIN for them guarantees them a play-off spot. A draw guarantees both second place finish, but not a play-off spot.
    Now, if we both game ends with identical score draw, then Croatia are out. However, if Ukraine-Croatia ends 2-2, but Wales-Ireland 0-0, then Wales are out.
    Imagine this scenario:
    It's 80th minute and here are the scores:
    Ukraine 2-1 Croatia
    Wales 0-0 Ireland
    Wales are attacking to win as they hear Ukraine is winning, as Ireland are going all in to win a winner as well. All of a sudden, Croatia scores to make it 2-2, that means now Wales will be out for having scored fewer goals despite identical GD.
    Ukraine will still be pushing to get the winner to make it 3-2
    Wales will need to score not to be the worst runner up
    Ireland will be looking to score to secure second place
    If anyone takes the lead in Wales-Ireland match, then Croatia will have to push for 3rd as well.

Comment

God damn it first it was the 8-0ers qualifying now Egypt. I was really hoping for no Middle Eastern Arab teams in this WC.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
        God damn it first it was the 8-0ers qualifying now Egypt. I was really hoping for no Middle Eastern Arab teams in this WC.
        The Arabs of North Africa aren't really that bad though. As far as I know, they aren't very shady in their football and they actually have good players, rather than trying to buy everything with money like the Persian Gulf Arabs. I also don't think they really hate Iran that much

Comment

The typical Egyptian MASSIVELY hates Iran and Iranians. Every single Egyptian I have ever met has disliked Iran. I am not saying that every single Egyptian in the world hates Iranians but I do not doubt that most do. They're also the biggest 8-0er nut huggers. They support the Saudi's in most international relations matters. Won't get into it cause I don't want the thread to derail into a political debate.

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
          The Arabs of North Africa aren't really that bad though. As far as I know, they aren't very shady in their football and they actually have good players, rather than trying to buy everything with money like the Persian Gulf Arabs. I also don't think they really hate Iran that much

Comment

I'm totally cool with Egypt qualifying. They aren't like the dirty gulf arabs

Comment

There is no such place or people as 'gulf' arabs. However, Persian Gulf Arabs do exist.

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
              I'm totally cool with Egypt qualifying. They aren't like the dirty gulf arabs

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                What’s wrong with Egyptians??? They have history and weren’t originally Arab, if you want to hate, them hate Syrian team for disrespecting our players. North Africans are one of the coolest

Comment

Egypt is the biggesgt football nation in Africa. And they havent been part of the wq 28 years (i read somewhere), so its their time to be part of it.

The next 2 days will be crazy. Argentina, Croatia, Neatherlands,...
                  sigpic

Comment

I don't care for the Syrians either. Egyptians hate Iranians, their hatred for us is unreal. I have seen it first hand numerous times, and I will never forget how much the aided Iraq against us during the war.

I won't reply to anymore comments about Egypt vis-a-vis Iran. Don't want this threat to derail.

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                    What’s wrong with Egyptians??? They have history and weren’t originally Arab, if you want to hate, them hate Syrian team for disrespecting our players. North Africans are one of the coolest

Comment

Who cares how easy or difficult our WC is, no one cares if we went through the best or worst teams in the World Cup. Some here want the Group of Death, and that's insane. For what?

No one will know or care who we beat, all that matters is if we get at least to the 2nd round. No one remembers the details. For those saying "we should beat so and so otherwise we don't deserve to be in the WC." Please! We are Asia's best team for the last 3+ years, so stop denigrating Team Melli's accomplishments.

I hope we can get into Pot 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                        No one will know or care who we beat
                        Actually the upsets are part of what people remember most about world cups, not who was in the round of 16. Ex Algeria (ET vs germany), Costa Rica (routed big names in their group), USA (over portugal and ghana), New Zealand (tied Italy), Slovakia (beat Italy).

I wouldn't hope for a group of death, but for us to make it out of what would be seen as a relatively easy group only to be easily brushed aside by a bigger name in the R16 won't do us much good either. No doubt, it's a huge feat for us given our football history, but from the rest of the world's perspective it won't make much of a fuss.

Comment

egypt is a team i wanna meet in world cup, egypt have good players, salah play for liverpool, el nenani play for arsenal they have a good team, i also like to meet costa rica, if we are group a north african team or north american team, costa rica, mexico, egypt and morroco can be excellent friendlies

Comment

Egypt would not even be a country if it wasn't for the Saudi oil money.

So they are %100 Nokar of the Saudi Soosmars therefore they must do what they are told to hate Iran and Iranians.

Other than that I don't mind if they qualify for the WC.

Comment

egypt might not have qualified for alot of world cup but they are a good team

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                                Actually the upsets are part of what people remember most about world cups, not who was in the round of 16. Ex Algeria (ET vs germany), Costa Rica (routed big names in their group), USA (over portugal and ghana), New Zealand (tied Italy), Slovakia (beat Italy).

I wouldn't hope for a group of death, but for us to make it out of what would be seen as a relatively easy group only to be easily brushed aside by a bigger name in the R16 won't do us much good either. No doubt, it's a huge feat for us given our football history, but from the rest of the world's perspective it won't make much of a fuss.
                                Everyone knows that Iran hasn't made it out of Group Stages. This has tainted our legacy and no one cares that we played against strong German or Yugoslavian side. or a good Mexican and Portugese side.

I just want to make it out. All teams are strong that get to this stage. No weaklings.

Comment

Working...
                                X