X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now we need to hope norway beat n.irealand by more than 2 goals

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
      You know it killed our chances essentially to be in Pot 3, right?
      To be honest, pot 3 and pot 4 aren't THAT different tbh, I'm just kinda salty we didn't end up in Pot 2, which we would have had we won against Korea and Syria

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
        now we need to hope norway beat n.irealand by more than 2 goals
        Why do we need that when scotland already drew with Slovenia.
        Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Sorry guys but why are you cheering for congo. I didnt get it.
          Also any chance iran and egypt will end up in same group in russia? Egypt is very strong

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
            Why do we need that when scotland already drew with Slovenia.
            so with scotland not winning, our chances get better, since egypt won

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
              You know it killed our chances essentially to be in Pot 3, right?
              Yes, I was just congratulating them.

Also, if we're trying to find shortcuts and play "weaker" teams (there are no weak teams in a World Cup that comes around every 4 years. Every team will fight, defend with 11 men and cause problems for even Asia's best Team) to increase our chances of qualifying out of the group, that's a weak mind-set.

We need to go to the World Cup with the preparation as if we're in a group with Spain, Brazil, and Italy (for example).

Comment

Morocco is the only team that still hasn't conceded a goal yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
                  Morocco is the only team that still hasn't conceded a goal yet.
                  well african continent they play 6 games, while we played 10 games,

Comment

They conceded in the previous round just like we had against turkeminestan.
                    November 15
                    2015 Equatorial Guinea
                    Morocco 1
                    0 World Cup qualifier
                    in Equatorial Guinea

Also not conceding in qualifies don't mean much serbia hadn't conceded or had just conceded 1 in 2006 wcq and then they went on to lose 6-0 to Argentina once they got to world cup as well as losing to Holland and ivory coast and finishing the tournament as the worst team.

Comment

I dont understand why we have to hope for other teams... We did a lot of bad games in our qualification! And now we land in POT3 or 4. And thats where our spot is!
                      I know we iranian are supporters who think we have the stongest team and we deserve more, BUT its not true.

In the second round of the qualification we draw against Turkmenistan and Oman.
                      In the third round of the wq qualification we had draws against China and Syria twice!
                      So we need to stop hoping for other Nations. We just have to accept this situation right now...

Last world cup we had one of the easiest groups and we played with NO heart and emotion. And this is what we have to change. We need to play with geyrat and emotion.
                      sigpic

Comment

Fun Fact: Egypt's main goalkeeper is 44 years old! He will likely be the oldest player in World Cup history to play at the World Cup

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                          Fun Fact: Egypt's main goalkeeper is 44 years old! He will likely be the oldest player in World Cup history to play at the World Cup
                          true, so what we have to do to get pot 3?

Comment

true, so what we have to do to get pot 3?
                            It’s just confusing reading your posts.
                            Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                              It’s just confusing reading your posts.
                              i mean if we beat russia we are in pot 3 or not

Comment

i mean if we beat russia we are in pot 3 or not
                                No, the match against Russia doesn't make much difference in our ranking.

Besides, I am starting to realize that being in pot 4 is better anyway.

I would rather have us face teams such as Denmark, Northern Ireland, Iceland (these would be in pot 3) than tricky African teams such as Nigeria, Ivory Coast (pot 4).

So yeah, being in pot 4 is not bad at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X