World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
    So basically we are in POT 4 officially?
    Far from it.

We MIGHT end up in pot 4 if Senegal qualifies instead of Cape Verde or Burkina Faso.

Even if Senegal qualifies, we can still hope that Egypt or Tunisia fail to make it.

And if that doesn't work out, we have to count on Greece or Bosnia to make the World Cup through play-offs.

I am not aware of any other options right now.

Comment

Bosnia are almost certainly out as Greece will play Gibraltar in their last home match and already have 2 point advantage over Bosnia who will play Estonia away.

Tunisia are leading the group by 3 points differnce and last match is against Libya at home. In other words qualified.

As for Egypt,they lead the group and have played 1 less than Ghana and Uganda. Next match against the bottom placed Congo at Cairo. Unless a disaster affects them, they will be in the world cup.

Comment

The POTs will be based on October rankings (just read it). Yea guys, we are POT 4, barring a miracle. Even if we beat Russia, Paraguay will leapfrog us in the rankings if they beat Venezuela.

Comment

OUR BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME (if we beat Russia), we will be 807 points.

Scotland/Slovakia, Rep. Ireland will also have better coefficient than us if they win their matches and come 2nd in their groups in Europe.

Comment

So that leaves us with only 2 options:

Root for Greece to qualify through play-offs!
            Or hope that Senegal somehow fails to qualify!

Comment

We must PRAY Egypt doesn't win tomorrow....even if they draw, and we beat Russia, we will be ahead of them in the October rankings.....the Senegal win legit ruined us = (

Comment

But hey... even if we end up in pot 4 after all, let's look at the bright side... we will have a chance of being drawn against the USA ... or Iceland

Comment

I honestly don't care what pot we get, as long as we don't get a group of death.... Although we would probably have even been in pot 2 if we had beat both Korea and Syria

Comment

This appears to be the most realistic Draw Simulator for the Group Stages:

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws

Comment

Whoever, KNOWING THIS, decided to have a friendly vs. TOGO should be sacked off the spot.

we need to play a slightly (just slightly) higher ranked team, to beat.

Had we played any of THESE teams in Tehran on Thursday instead and won, we'd have enough points for pot 3

Benin/Kenya/Canada/Jamaica/Haiti

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                        This appears to be the most realistic Draw Simulator for the Group Stages:

http://ultra.zone/2018-FIFA-World-Cup-Group-Stage-Draws
                        I got
                        Portugal, Mexico, Iran and Ivory Coast

No thanks.

Edit. I just tried it out about 10 times and everytime Iran ended up being grouped with Mexico
                        Last edited by 04041374; 10-07-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

i got Switzerland Mexico Iran Côte d'Ivoire

PS: 10 more time mexico))

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                            I got
                            Portugal, Mexico, Iran and Ivory Coast

No thanks.

Edit. I just tried it out about 10 times and everytime Iran ended up being grouped with Mexico
                            I noticed the same LOL

Comment

Are pot 3 & 4 really that different? We could beat any of the pot 3 teams. If teams like Iceland and Northern Ireland scare us then we should stay at home.

Comment

i got russia, mexico and nigeria in group A

Comment

Working...
                                X