World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omids View Post
    We played japan not long ago in 2015 in Azadi. The game ended 1 all. It was Ezzatolahis 1st game. Torabi also played well and got a penalty that he scored on the rebound.
    That was such a non competitive friendly without many fans at the stadium since it was a work day. We would definitely benefit from that match up again before the WC, with more favorable conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
      We played japan not long ago in 2015 in Azadi. The game ended 1 all. It was Ezzatolahis 1st game. Torabi also played well and got a penalty that he scored on the rebound.
      I remember that match, Ehsan put Azmoun point blank against an open net and Azmoun didn't see the ball and missed it.

This is not the same Japan team as in that game. They play much more high energy football. Neither is Iran the same team as in that game, we have improved quite a bit.

It would be a great and realistic match.

Comment

Originally posted by persiangooner View Post
        That was such a non competitive friendly without many fans at the stadium since it was a work day. We would definitely benefit from that match up again before the WC, with more favorable conditions.

Better than nothing, but honestly we should focus on friendlies with other confederations.

Comment

Who will qualify if two teams have equal points?

direct match between both teams or goal difference?
          Australia vs. Saudi Arabia tomorrow, but also in our group this scenario is possible between Korea and Syria. Not possible is between Syria and Uzbekistan anymore, because if both teams draw, Syria has better goal difference compared to Uzbekistan. Both matches ended also 1:0 (direct match = equal).
          Korea has won direct match between Korea and Syria..
          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
          -

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
            Who will qualify if two teams have equal points?

direct match between both teams or goal difference?
            Australia vs. Saudi Arabia tomorrow, but also in our group this scenario is possible between Korea and Syria. Not possible is between Syria and Uzbekistan anymore, because if both teams draw, Syria has better goal difference compared to Uzbekistan. Both matches ended also 1:0 (direct match = equal).
            Korea has won direct match between Korea and Syria..
            Unfortunately goal difference

Comment

This saudis always creating advantage for themselves...playing late in the night in west asia, as always time-zone advantage combined with "hot wheater in the summer". Always they play their last WCQ games at home and latest...

I hope Australia score soooooo many goals tomorrow, that Saudis get nervous to neutralize this in the match vs. japan.
              World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
              sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
              If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
              -

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
                This saudis always creating advantage for themselves...playing late in the night in west asia, as always time-zone advantage combined with "hot wheater in the summer". Always they play their last WCQ games at home and latest...

I hope Australia score soooooo many goals tomorrow, that Saudis get nervous to neutralize this in the match vs. japan.
                I think the only reason they play at night is cause it's too hot to play during the day.....

Comment

Do you guys think Iran would be able to make the playoffs if we where in Greece's group or another European group? Just curious how we would stand against European teams if hypothetically we were in the Federation.
                  EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by YeCheesi Tala View Post
                    Do you guys think Iran would be able to make the playoffs if we where in Greece's group or another European group? Just curious how we would stand against European teams if hypothetically we were in the Federation.
                    Well Montenegro is in 2nd place in their group and we beat them so its possible we could take a playoff spot.

Other groups like the Ireland Serbia one are so open we would be just as competitive as anyone else.

The Spain/Italy or France/Holland/Sweden ones might be tougher

Comment

Just been looking around Japanese social media....looks like Japan has 4 confirmed friendlies, with a minimum of 5 (more likely 7-8) more planned before the WC.

It goes to show you the power of having a strong federation representing the interests of the national team as best as possible. I know financial issues aren't helping, but IFF can definitely still do better with current resources. These things matter in the context of advancing our football, it's not just about winning on the pitch.

Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Australia - Thailand starting
                        EDIT: Stream is blocked now

Comment

I wonder if the Iran-Syria live stream will also get removed/blocked

Comment

watching Australia vs Thailand is like watching iran vs Australia of 1997.

What a joke Thailand is
                            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Australia all over Thailand. But can't finish any of their chances.
                              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Links?

Comment

Working...
                                X