World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KhumoUzbek View Post
    It would be a historical day if Iran beats Korea and we beat China. We would never have been so close to WC. It'd be a lifelong favour from Iran to Uzbekistan.

But... with current squad, we can 'easily' fail in China. Useless players with their useless coach (Babayan keeping some of his PK players) must go immediately. This is majority's wish. Qatar gave us a second chance, thanks God. I think we can clean up this mess until September and approach with a different attitude (maybe different coach) from now on.
    Do you think Uzbekistan will be able to beat or at least draw with Korea in Tashkent?

Comment

Why do we assume we control South Korea's fate? If they beat Uzbekistan they qualify regardless of any results elsewhere.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        Why do we assume we control South Korea's fate? If they beat Uzbekistan they qualify regardless of any results elsewhere.
        I don't think we control their fate but if we beat them then we give Uzbeks control of their own fate.

Comment

asias best should represent at WC. Uzbekistan are nowhere near the required level. I dislike Korea as much as the next person for the recent attitude, but uzbeks in WC would be a joke for Asia. And I hate Saudi as much as anybody, but their NT has improved, and they have a decent coach. Asia will probably have 5 in the WC, bc whoever finished 3rd in the other group should beat our third place, and beat panama/honduras.

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
            Do you think Uzbekistan will be able to beat or at least draw with Korea in Tashkent?
            Both China and Qatar were able to defeat Korea at home. I don't see why the Uzbeks cannot do the same.

Comment

i dont know why Uzbekistan's fate is in our hands.. its not true. I like Uzbekistan overall their good people so i do wish they step up their game especially since korea isn't in its best shape.. but we won't know what will happen by the next game with south korea's new coach. but just like CQ said our fate is in our hands... we should just do our own thing and finish as best as we can with 2 more wins.. if it helps the uzbeks that will be nice for them if not it is just their own input of preparation and will. same goes for korea.. not that i like south korea, but their girls are great !

Comment

Uzbeks should fire their coach and bring the one that coaches Pakhtakor CLub! hes better than Samvel Bobayan, probably add a few younger players as well, ,beating Korea is very doable for any team at this stage as this is Koreas weakest team since 1996!!

Comment

Harkas ba Irandar oftad, var oftad!

Stilike fired!
                  http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/...ng-by-a-thread
                  Uli Stielike leaves South Korea with Russia 2018 hopes hanging by a thread

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                    Harkas ba Irandar oftad, var oftad!
                    Stilike fired!
                    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/blog/...ng-by-a-thread
                    Uli Stielike leaves South Korea with Russia 2018 hopes hanging by a thread
                    KOREA TIMES:
                    "...KFA Vice President Lee Yong-soo, who leads the KFA technical committee, also resigned the same day. He said "the KFA has decided to terminate the contract with Stielike by mutual agreement" and Korea will play the next two matches with a new face. Former national team coach Huh Jung-moo is among a few names on the radar." CQ's old nemesis is back!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                      KOREA TIMES:
                      "...KFA Vice President Lee Yong-soo, who leads the KFA technical committee, also resigned the same day. He said "the KFA has decided to terminate the contract with Stielike by mutual agreement" and Korea will play the next two matches with a new face. Former national team coach Huh Jung-moo is among a few names on the radar." CQ's old nemesis is back!!!!
                      Are you sure you didn't mistake him with Choi Kang-Hee? Huh coached SK during the 2010 WCQ.

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
                        Are you sure you didn't mistake him with Choi Kang-Hee? Huh coached SK during the 2010 WCQ.
                        .."Former national team coach Huh Jung-moo is among a few names on the radar."

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                          with Babayan and 80% of the current squad, NO.

Originally posted by pres80 View Post
                          I don't think we control their fate but if we beat them then we give Uzbeks control of their own fate.
                          Actually our fate is in our hands after Qatar beat South Korea, so is theirs, because our last game is mutual, against each other.
                          Iran can help Uzbekistan while China can ease South Korea's job.

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                          Uzbeks should fire their coach and bring the one that coaches Pakhtakor CLub! hes better than Samvel Bobayan, probably add a few younger players as well, ,beating Korea is very doable for any team at this stage as this is Koreas weakest team since 1996!!
                          I know, we all know, our current team did nothing to deserve WC, they're disgrace, even you guys notice this. In WCQs, Kasimov was sacked after one game (4:2 North Korea), Abramov was sacked after one game (0:1 Iran) and Babayan already lost 4 games (!) and still in the game, in the chair, making money for bringing shame on us, fans.

I'll tell you news if you didn't hear yet. Today UFF announced that Babayan would finish his campaign and coach the team against China and South Korea. This clears one thing. Babayan is not a head, the head is Usmanov, UFF president. Now there is Babayan, with his pets, Lobanov, Andreev, Hashimov, backed by Usmanov and everyone else, journalists, fans, other sportsmen, coaches, players. Now people are thinking of organizing a protest for dismissal of Usmanov and Babayan in front of UFF bulding. People even wrote a note to President's web portal. Our heavyweight Olympic champion Ruslan Nuriddinov said that he can't be a coach in lifting to our NT because he's afraid he wouldn't refrain from beating some players there)

Comment

Uzbekistan played way better under abramov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Seoul: Former under-20 boss Shin Tae-Yong was given the task of rescuing South Korea’s teetering World Cup qualifying campaign when he was named as the country’s new national team boss on Tuesday.

Shin replaces Uli Stielike, 62, South Korea’s longest-serving coach, who was axed last month after a shock defeat to Qatar left them in danger of missing direct qualification to Russia 2018.

South Korea are seeking to reach their ninth consecutive World Cup, a run which includes making the semi-finals on home soil in 2002.

The Taeguk Warriors’ 3-2 defeat to Qatar — the first in 32 years against that country — followed earlier losses to China and Iran and left them clinging to the last direct qualifying spot in Group A with two games to go.

Shin, 46, is a former midfielder for Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma and Brisbane Roar, where he had a brief stint as assistant coach before graduating to become manager of the K-League Classic club in 2010. He has a reputation as a troubleshooter and led the national U23s ahead of the 2016 Rio Olympics, after his predecessor left in 2015 with cancer.

Comment

Anyone else here wanna see us grouped with Russia? They seem the weakest A seeded teams
                                Please watch and Subscribe:

Comment

Working...
                                X