No announcement yet.

World Cup 2018 Qualification Gets Under Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bizarre results from South Korea! They are in decline FAST!

The Dutch input was mostly the reason for their successfull years, just like Kin Q input has done it for us.
    Lets hope that we don't lose it like the Koreans did.
    Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
    O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I am Happy Qatar won 3:2 against South Korea and I did not execpt that. Qatar help us and we will be stay in first place now. It is like the game we lost at World Cup qualifiers 2002 against Bahrain 3:1 and now happend for South Korea! Good work Qatar. I am against arab teams but they did great

Comment

What if Qatar becomes third and has to play Saudi's

Comment

Lol never thought for a second shitty Qatar would beat Korea, and guarantee us first place (with 2 games in hand!) Now we just need to maintain our clean sheet record, play stress free, and win the last two matches with ease.
          --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
          --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
          ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
          --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
          ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

So apparently, Qatar's coach quit even though they won:

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...r-south-korea/

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
              So apparently, Qatar's coach quit even though they won:
              https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...r-south-korea/

Comment

Korea Coach is next on the chopping block:

By John Duerden

S. Korea's hopes of reaching a ninth successive World Cup was dealt a major blow
                _ and not the first time _ on Tuesday in Doha with a 3-2 loss in Qatar.

It was the first time since 1984 that Korea has lost to Qatar and it could end up being the first time since 1982 that the Taeguk Warriors miss the World Cup.

The result also deepens the pressure on Coach Uli Stielike. It is their third defeat in eight games in the final round of qualification. If it wasn't for the failings of the teams around Korea, it could already be as good as over.

Only the top two teams from the six-team Group A will progress automatically to Russia 2018. At the moment, Iran is seven points clear and has already qualified. That is good news for Korea as Iran's defeat of Uzbekistan means that Korea stays in second and a point clear of the Central Asian team.

That means that had Korea won in Qatar, bottom of the group, then it would have been four points clear of third-place with two games remaining.

Now the gap is just one. The next game is at home to Iran _ a team that has not conceded a single goal in the eight games so far _ in August and then there is a trip to Uzbekistan the following month. That is likely to be a crucial showdown and at the moment, there would be little confidence in the team's ability to get the result it would need.

And that is the problem. Losses to China, a first ever in competitive action, to Iran and now Qatar have not been undeserved. None of the four wins have been truly convincing. After defeat in China in March, it looked for a while as if Coach Stielike, who has been in the job almost three years, could go but a shaky 1-0 win over Syria five days later saved the German, though doubts remain.

The performance in Qatar was disappointing. Korea started poorly and was two goals down early in the second half after goals from Hassan Al Haydos and Akram Afif. Then, the visitor fought-back with Ki Sung-yeung and Hwang Hee-chan putting Korea level at 2-2 with 20 minutes remaining.

It was time to take a breath and take stock but just four minutes later, the defense went to sleep again and Al Haydos scored his second and Qatar's third.

There was no coming back this time and Korea sank to a defeat, something that is becoming increasingly familiar. The World Cup is hanging in the balance and as things stand, Korea is lucky to still be in with a chance.

The Korea Football Association will face calls to change the coach. It may be too late but maybe not. Nobody is sure but then nobody is sure about anything anymore. The one thing that is clear is the campaign to qualify for the 2018 World Cup has not been good enough.

Comment

First of all, congratulations to all Iranian friends! Team Melli is much stronger than Uzbekistan at the moment and you deserve to win the group in advance with such a huge margin. 2018's TM is much stronger than 2014's TM while 2018's Uzbekistan team is much weaker than 2014's squad. TM almost qualified even before. The thing is we are having internal problems with coach, players, federation. Millions of people, including me, wanted Babayan to be sacked after game against Syria but UFF president held him for a while. Players like Andreev, Lobanov, Hashimov are much criticized with Babayan for keeping them in the squad. Now, the thing which has been the most interesting to me (perhaps all our fans) is that having qualified to WC will Iran play for a win (or a draw) against South Korea in Seoul or will they just play with the 2nd squad and probably lose? I want to know both about TM fans and CQ approach since I guess opinions/intentions of fans and CQ may vary on this point. Most fans here are betting on Iran to lose just because you already qualified and some saying it's to 'repay' last WCQ's favour. What are your opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by KhumoUzbek View Post
                    First of all, congratulations to all Iranian friends! Team Melli is much stronger than Uzbekistan at the moment and you deserve to win the group in advance with such a huge margin. 2018's TM is much stronger than 2014's TM while 2018's Uzbekistan team is much weaker than 2014's squad. TM almost qualified even before. The thing is we are having internal problems with coach, players, federation. Millions of people, including me, wanted Babayan to be sacked after game against Syria but UFF president held him for a while. Players like Andreev, Lobanov, Hashimov are much criticized with Babayan for keeping them in the squad. Now, the thing which has been the most interesting to me (perhaps all our fans) is that having qualified to WC will Iran play for a win (or a draw) against South Korea in Seoul or will they just play with the 2nd squad and probably lose? I want to know both about TM fans and CQ approach since I guess opinions/intentions of fans and CQ may vary on this point. Most fans here are betting on Iran to lose just because you already qualified and some saying it's to 'repay' last WCQ's favour. What are your opinions?
                    Iran will probably go for a win or at least a draw to keep our unbeaten and clean sheet streak, not to mention the rivalry with Korea as well. BTW, what do you think the chances are of Uzbekistan getting at least 4 points in their remaining games? If you guys manage to get 4 points, and Iran beats Korea, you guys will be Russia bound with us

Comment

We'd like to set a record of going to world cup without conceding a goal and 0 losses so I'm sure they would give their best to try and beat them. We played a friendly against them back in 2015 I think and even though it was a friendly match a fight broke between the players so that shows how seriously our players take their games even in a friendly game.

Also I'm not sure what you mean to repay last WCQ? South Korea didn't give us any favors last WCQ and we beat them fair and square and they were actually attacking constantly trying to get us eliminated since their coach wanted you guys to qualify instead of Iran. It was Qatari's who were doing you guys a favor by letting you score 5 goals to get us eliminated.

Comment

You can rest easy my friend - 100% be assured that Iran will approach the game vs Korea as if we did not qualify yet. SK even in their poor state is still a team with talented players and CQ will see this as an opportunity to test his team against a good opposition. Add our rivalry and favorable record against them to the equation and you have all you need to be assured Iran will play this as another WCQ. I hope Uzbekistan qualifies as 2nd in really going to be rooting for you guys....get lobanov out of goal ASAP and bring in rashidov and djeparov!!!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

CQ will %100 going for a win in Korea

He hates loosing and he does not want to risk the unbelievable TM record that we have right now

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

And a big thanxs to KING CQ and Mr Torabian

Comment

I hope you guys make it. I think most of us will be rooting for you. I can't stand the South Korean team.
                              "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                                Iran will probably go for a win or at least a draw to keep our unbeaten and clean sheet streak, not to mention the rivalry with Korea as well. BTW, what do you think the chances are of Uzbekistan getting at least 4 points in their remaining games? If you guys manage to get 4 points, and Iran beats Korea, you guys will be Russia bound with us
                                It would be a historical day if Iran beats Korea and we beat China. We would never have been so close to WC. It'd be a lifelong favour from Iran to Uzbekistan.

But... with current squad, we can 'easily' fail in China. Useless players with their useless coach (Babayan keeping some of his PK players) must go immediately. This is majority's wish. Qatar gave us a second chance, thanks God. I think we can clean up this mess until September and approach with a different attitude (maybe different coach) from now on.

Comment

Working...
                                X