Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Pooladi ever be invited to TM again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Pooladi ever be invited to TM again?

Any strong opinions on this?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%

Have I missed something? Why shouldn't he?

Comment

Well, he can only attend 50% of our WCQ matches anyways

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        Have I missed something? Why shouldn't he?
        Poor discipline + plays in shitty Qatar league.
        Still a great defender though.

Comment

I am going to be honest and I know I will receive a lot of negative responses on my post.

He had a superb World Cup but his form really dropped ever since he joined the Qatari Stars League. He did not look good at the Asian Cup during the group stage and he totally collapsed during the Iraq game. He undeservingly got sent off by the referee, but he could and should have avoided the confrontation with the Iraqi GK knowing the referee was about to screw us.

Coming back to my argument, during the group stage he looked shaky and not confident if you watch back the games. In contrast to the World Cup, he was not involved in Iran's counter attacks while he is a left-back who you expect often to show up in offensive invasions. That said, it could be that he was under a lot of stress because of the sarbazi-issue. Maybe that made him a shadow of his former self.

But I think he should be invited for the next games as we have a great shortage of left-backs in Iran. He is certainly better than what we now have.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
            I am going to be honest and I know I will receive a lot of negative responses on my post.
            He had a superb World Cup but his form really dropped ever since he joined the Qatari Stars League. He did not look good at the Asian Cup during the group stage and he totally collapsed during the Iraq game. He undeservingly got sent off by the referee, but he could and should have avoided the confrontation with the Iraqi GK knowing the referee was about to screw us.
            Coming back to my argument, during the group stage he looked shaky and not confident if you watch back the games. In contrast to the World Cup, he was not involved in Iran's counter attacks while he is a left-back who you expect often to show up in offensive invasions. That said, it could be that he was under a lot of stress because of the sarbazi-issue. Maybe that made him a shadow of his former self.
            But I think he should be invited for the next games as we have a great shortage of left-backs in Iran. He is certainly better than what we now have.

I do agree with most of the things u wrote but we do not have a shortage in the left back spot anymore , sure during the World Cup we did ! Not anymore . Why I do not get is why jamaati does not get a call up? I've been following his games at foulad and he has been amazing. Scoring in every other game ! Assisting ! Has great skill on the ball. Fairly young !! Has more confidence now that he has been given the captain band! Really deserves another call up.

Comment

does it mean anything that messi chose to give his jersey to pooladi
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Strong yes, best leftback we had in decades.

Comment

Yes, he scored two goals yesterday. It is Ben Willaims fault he got red, not his. But my question is, can he play for Iran because of the sarbazi issue?

Comment

I rather have CQ add a younger left back into team Melli.
                    Why does he never test Jamaati?

Comment

Im scared that if Pouladi is out poor Hajsafi will have to play LB again

Comment

Jamaati is a good replacement if he can not fix his sarbazi issue.

Comment

Pooladi is the best LB we have right now. All those saying Jamaati obviously didn't watch him play in Foolads last 2 Asian games. That guy is good going forward but, he couldn't defend even if his life depended on it.

Comment

Isn't Pouladi out any way until he gets his sarbazi issue resolved?

It doesn't look like that's going to happen any time soon, so for all intents and purposes you can scratch him off the team because I'm cure CQ will find a good replacement for him pretty quickly (Khanzadeh's a pretty good candidate already).

Comment

Originally posted by ilovefootball
                              Any strong opinions on this?
                              Whats wrong with you people? Why are you always looking for Drama ?
                              If he is eligible to play, is in form, the coaching staff has confidence in him and until we have better options yes he should. Same as any other player.

Comment

Working...
                              X