Morteza Pouraliganji @ Tianjin Teda | 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
    I wasn’t denying the fact that older experienced players can help youngsters - but to say just because Xavi is playing for Al "whatever" it would be worth it to join the club is waaaaay too much, massive exaggeration.
    Over a European team, I'd agree with you 100%. Over an Iranian club I'd disagree. Let's not forget the several Iranian players made the jump to Europe from one of the Arab countries along the Persian gulf: Nekounam, Shojaei, and Karimi come to mind. I wish the Iranian league was miles and miles ahead of the neighbors but I don't think it's the case anymore. Poor management and investment as cost Iran's domestic league, which more relies on the sheer size of the country's population to produce good players than education or training.

Comment

PAG is an injury prone player. He plays courageously but with no caution that either get himself injured or gift penalty to the opponent. If he goes to Qatar he will lose his spot on team melli. Period. We have more players who can cover his spot. In CB position Kanaani can fill his spot almost completely. In DMF Cheshmi can cover his spot within two or three official games. The only aspect that he has and it is unique for a defensive player is his headers. (Just like Hadi Aghili in the past)

Comment

^^^
        He'll definitely a part of the TM set-up for years to come, regardless of if he moves to al sadd or not. The way he handled the Asian Cup despite having minimum experience shows he has a big, big personality along with his talent. He made a huge impression on CQ and he's definitely one of the players that will be transitioned into the starting 11 in the coming years.

Comment

If class players like dejagah and Gucci completely lost their form in Qatar I could only imagine how much it would impact a young Pouraliganji. To support this move because of one former top player that's only there for the money is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
            If class players like dejagah and Gucci completely lost their form in Qatar I could only imagine how much it would impact a young Pouraliganji. To support this move because of one former top player that's only there for the money is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've heard.
            Again, over Europe I'd agree. Enough of the Dejagah slander by the way, he has been one of our best players. The only thing that you can fault him with is his finishing but if you look at his career, he was never an efficient finisher. As a CAM or as a winger he takes tons of abuse from the opposition whilst holding the ball up to wait for teammates. He is almost always double-teamed but, despite that, he is one man arm who drags our midfield to the final third.

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
              The only rational explanation for such fervent support is when you are an agent involved the transaction or you have some personal tie to this player. Other than that nobody support such a move to Qatar.

Comment

Originally posted by lml View Post
                I disagree on both counts. PAG has a superior leap, is a better header of the ball, and has better close control and passing. He has the potential to be Iran's modern ball-playing center back for years to come. The thing he needs to work on the most is his composure and his decision making, as sometimes he can be rash. Simultaneously, however; he has a lot of heart and that can lift a team as well. Kanaani is a very promising upcoming player but he hasn't encountered the same experiences that PAG has had in his career. He can be a very good defender too, albeit a different type than PAG.

To address the crux of the problem, which is the bias against the Qatari league and the compulsion of PDF residents to dismiss any Iranian who opts to play in that league, I don't see the QSL very far from the IPL. In fact, the top QSL teams rival the top IPL teams. The insistence that a player playing in Qatar over Iran is career-destroying one is a myth.

As for the age, 21 and 23 is not a relevant gap. They're both in their early 20's and gaining experience. A look at the careers of such as Nolito of Celta Vigo or France Coquelin of Arsenal show that the boom-bust race of football potential is not quite as clear in real life as it is on paper.. In the cases of PAG and Kanaani, they're both developing footballers and, as CBs, their best years are far ahead of them. They have plenty to learn and look forward to.
                No, I respect your opinion but completely disagree. I don't think anyone cares how their top teams could "match" top IPL teams (which they only would on their good days if their foreign players are in form), we are speaking about development and playing vs bunch of below average Qataris and old money loving foreign has-beens won't do any single good to his career.

While even in Iran he will develop much more and will play alongside much better players on average around him instead of couple of decent QSL foreigners, the Iranian league isn't even the point here I'm not sure why we are discussing it. He could have even gone to better leagues like the Korean one of Japanese, but he went down the money route even at such young age. This Iran>China>Qatar path for me is a clear regression and we could see it from his current form as well, he had a much harder time standing out in the Iranian league with Naft than in China, and pretty much slowly dropped his TM starting spot with time by playing in that Chinese league's great level.

I for one will be much more hopeful for players like Kanaani and Cheshmi which are as promising as PAG and even younger, and hopefully will follow a more professional path than that. Not sure how many times you saw them playing but they are even in a better situation than PAG before he got his TM call-up if we consider their ages, and only few games in TM will change everyone's mind, there's not much that separates these players as you suggest.

We have many talents in most positions that are as good as the ones we all know about, we just need them to get considerable minutes under TM shirt so they can flourish just like the hype that was initially created around guys like PAG, Torabi, Mohammadi etc... People didn't know these guys before and realized their presence after they saw them play.

Comment

Over a European team, I'd agree with you 100%. Over an Iranian club I'd disagree. Let's not forget the several Iranian players made the jump to Europe from one of the Arab countries along the Persian gulf: Nekounam, Shojaei, and Karimi come to mind. I wish the Iranian league was miles and miles ahead of the neighbors but I don't think it's the case anymore. Poor management and investment as cost Iran's domestic league, which more relies on the sheer size of the country's population to produce good players than education or training.
                  Well, I think neither Iran nor some 8-0er land would be a good option - but if there is no other, without any doubt PGL would still be the better one.

Indeed, Qatar has better facilities and I am the first one to criticize Iran's horrible management. We know all that...
                  However Qatar's league has no fans, no tension, no talents, no competition and overall the quality is pretty low. What’s the sense of having the best facilities when you don’t make use of it and no player really feels any pressure to be motivated enough & improve his game - listen to what Jalal Hosseini said about Qatar. The only reason why they still can compete in the Asian Champions league is because of their strong lobby in AFC and the vast amount of international players & coaching they buy each season.

Regarding players joining Europe from Arab countries - you are talking about the past generation my friend, why not looking at our current legionnaires? Haghighi joined Europe from Perspolis, Jahanbakhsh from Damash, Ansarifard from Tractor, Azmoun & Ezatttollahi from TM youth teams... and many other PGL players that unfortunately were stupid enough to reject their offers.
                  Formerly known as Persianking!
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout
                  instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^^^
                    He'll definitely a part of the TM set-up for years to come, regardless of if he moves to al sadd or not. The way he handled the Asian Cup despite having minimum experience shows he has a big, big personality along with his talent. He made a huge impression on CQ and he's definitely one of the players that will be transitioned into the starting 11 in the coming years.
                    Nothing is sure other than whoever joined Qatari league was out of form and team melli for some times. Gucci, Jabari, Pooladi, Shojaei, even Ando lost his captain position and minutes. CQ is totally against the move to Qatar. PAG is not better than those names that I mentioned. If they lost their position in team melli then it is an obvious thing to happen to PAG.

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
                      No, I respect your opinion but completely disagree. I don't think anyone cares how their top teams could "match" top IPL teams (which they only would on their good days if their foreign players are in form), we are speaking about development and playing vs bunch of below average Qataris and old money loving foreign has-beens won't do any single good to his career. While even in Iran he will develop much more and will play alongside much better players on average around him instead of couple of decent QSL foreigners, the Iranian league isn't even the point here I'm not sure why we are discussing it. He could have even gone to better leagues like the Korean one of Japanese, but he went down the money route even at such young age. This Iran>China>Qatar path for me is a clear regression and we could see it from his current form as well, he had a much harder time standing out in the Iranian league with Naft than in China, and pretty much slowly dropped his TM starting spot with time by playing in that Chinese league's great level. I for one will be much more hopeful for players like Kanaani and Cheshmi which are as promising as PAG and even younger, and hopefully will follow a more professional path than that. Not sure how many times you saw them playing but they are even in a better situation than PAG before he got his TM call-up if we consider their ages, and only few games in TM will change everyone's mind, there's not much that separates these players as you suggest. We have many talents in most positions that are as good as the ones we all know about, we just need them to get considerable minutes under TM shirt so they can flourish just like the hype that was initially created around guys like PAG, Torabi, Mohammadi etc... People didn't know these guys before and realized their presence after they saw them play.
                      The idea of leaving his home for China in the first place was to make the leap to Europe - there is nothing regressive or unambitious about that. If he goes to Al-Sadd, again not your run-of-the-mill Qatari club, then the intent would be the same. It would be a side that he would surely break into and one he could play alongside with several players with international experience. To me, that is more valuable than playing at Naft Tehran with decent and above-average Iranian players. If the Korea and Japan offers are serious offers then of course they would be the better career choices, but we don't know the ins-and-outs of the transfer dealings. There is nothing about Pouraliganji that screams lazy footballer to me, though. If anything, he is risk-taker and hugely ambitious. And again, a two year gap for CBs in their early 20's is irrelevant.

Originally posted by Persianking View Post
                      However Qatar's league has no fans, no tension, no talents, no competition and overall the quality is pretty low. What’s the sense of having the best facilities when you don’t make use of it and no player really feels any pressure to be motivated enough & improve his game - listen to what Jalal Hosseini said about Qatar. The only reason why they still can compete in the Asian Champions league is because of their strong lobby in AFC and the vast amount of international players & coaching they buy each season.

Regarding players joining Europe from Arab countries - you are talking about the past generation my friend, why not looking at our current legionnaires? Haghighi joined Europe from Perspolis, Jahanbakhsh from Damash, Ansarifard from Tractor, Azmoun & Ezatttollahi from TM youth teams... and many other PGL players that unfortunately were stupid enough to reject their offers.
                      You make fair points here. I just don't like how people on this website take a shit on any Iranian who plays in Qatar, even if they do their jobs for the national shirt. I don't think PAG has shown anything in his career but adventure and risk. If he were Australian or Japanese, he would've been plucked straight out of the Asian Cup without any questions. Instead he has to adventure around Asia to get seen, as most of our players will have to do unless they impress as teenagers or have the pedigree and reputation of former legionaries to be given a shot like Ansarifard in Spain.

Comment

So now he him self is saying Al Sad offer is more serious than others. I guess he is trying to say he is going to Qatar...

http://www.khabarsport.com/detail/49...ll/Legionnaire
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                          Nothing is sure other than whoever joined Qatari league was out of form and team melli for some times. Gucci, Jabari, Pooladi, Shojaei, even Ando lost his captain position and minutes. CQ is totally against the move to Qatar. PAG is not better than those names that I mentioned. If they lost their position in team melli then it is an obvious thing to happen to PAG.
                          Gucci spent more time in Kuwait than Qatar, which was a massive drop-off, Jabbari had a resurgence with TM but went completely mad and abandoned his shirt, Pouladi hadn't played for half a year due to weird sarbazi issues that still aren't clear, Shojaei was always an up-and-down even when he was in Spain, and Ando is on his last legs (he was always someone who relied more on his physical abilities than, say, nekounam who utilized his awareness more and more as he aged).

Comment

You make fair points here. I just don't like how people on this website take a shit on any Iranian who plays in Qatar, even if they do their jobs for the national shirt. I don't think PAG has shown anything in his career but adventure and risk. If he were Australian or Japanese, he would've been plucked straight out of the Asian Cup without any questions. Instead he has to adventure around Asia to get seen, as most of our players will have to do unless they impress as teenagers or have the pedigree and reputation of former legionaries to be given a shot like Ansarifard in Spain.
                            Well, I think it’s totally understandable for the fans to be heavily disappointed, don’t you think? When a Dejagah becomes the best player of an EPL team and pulls out a monster performance against the runner-up of the World Cup, but then ends up playing for some unknown Al team...... or when a Gucci catapults us into the World cup with crucial goals and plays a fantastic world cup, but yet ends up in one of the worst leagues of the world...... then I do think the fans who loved & supported them since day one have the right to criticize their decision. It’s not only about their job for the national shirt, we would love to see them doing well at top international leagues as well, spreading the name of Iran and working hard daily to reach the next level. They are role models for the rest and the more successful players we have abroad, the more scouts will focus on our players.
                            Formerly known as Persianking!
                            Follow me @
                            instagram/iranscout
                            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

^^ If a players moves from Europe to the Qatar, it is massively disappointing. I don't think it means they stop being good for the national team, however, and that you should slag them off all the time. The exception is if they make asses of themselves like Jabbari did, of course, but that doesn't stop them from being talented players and leaders within the team with lots of experience.

Comment

Gucci spent more time in Kuwait than Qatar, which was a massive drop-off, Jabbari had a resurgence with TM but went completely mad and abandoned his shirt, Pouladi hadn't played for half a year due to weird sarbazi issues that still aren't clear, Shojaei was always an up-and-down even when he was in Spain, and Ando is on his last legs (he was always someone who relied more on his physical abilities than, say, nekounam who utilized his awareness more and more as he aged).
                                Joining any Arab team in Persian Gulf is wrong for those players. Al Kuwait was better than Al Wahrah by the way. Gucci played in Qatar and the effect was obvious on his performance for team melli. Shojae was good when he was playing in Spain, as soon as he left there and joined Arab teams his fitness became worse and we saw less and less of his past glory. Jabbari wasted his talent there and started having problems with CQ. Same thing happened to Pooladi. (Easy money and loose training changes the character, they both didn't want to work hard in CQ style even Pooladi went over his promise and made situation for CQ and other Sarbaz players worse, if he was in IPL or some European teams offering him decent money with hard work we had no problem but he had one year contract and everyone knew about it and he was supposed to come back to Iran but he chose easy money and extended his contract for 2 more years and thought he could fool everyone.)

Qataris tempted our best LB with money to go against our team and manager. His performance that lead to his red card in that game is highly suspicious now, if you put everything together. I hope he didn't do that mockery on purpose. Ando was a beast as long as he was in IPL and was considered an engine of our team. As soon as he left for Qatar he started to lose fitness and concentration. Dejagah lost his awesome fitness so bad that his performance vs Oman and India was just pure disappointment. Jalal started to get sloppy on national level but thank God, he got out of that shit hole. You can not whitewash those players with using different excuses.

The Qatari effect is so famous among Korean football fans. They call it Qatari disease. They experience this lack of fitness among many of their players a year or two before us and most of their respectable players took off ever since except Nam Tae Hee who stayed for money. Now Qatar is only a destination for old players or very young irrelevant and unproven Koreans to stay only for one season and grab the money. Just ask them to confirm this. So this is not just Iranian fans' feeling in PFDC but a common value with our Asian rivals across the continent, as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X