No announcement yet.

AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naft made it very difficult for themselves! EVEN if they have drew 0-0 they would have had a much much better chance !!

Realistically we need to understand that the weather condition for one, in UAE will be intolerable, with the 100 degree heat! plus add to that the stress of needing to score TWO, not ONE but TWO goals, with a young and largely inexperienced emotional team, odds are stacked against them. Hopefully they can pull a Melbourne....

Comment

they can still do it.

Comment

Naft QF Return leg - Wednesday 16 September

Mansourian interview from Dubai

Behind the scenes, Naft team going to the UAE

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
          In order to qualify to the next round, Naft will have to win 2-0, 3-1, or 1-0 to win in PKs. I'd say they should just go for the 2-0 and be done with it. It won't be easy this one. It won't be hard but it will be annoying. Naft needs to stay focused and execute on their chances.
          No, Naft just have to win by any scoreline, but a 1-0 win would take them to extra time. ex: 1-0 (e.t.), 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Come on now, Iranians are good at math

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

^ Yeah I made a mistake aziz.

Comment

Guangzhou become the 1st team to reach the semis after holding Kashiwa 1-1 at home and 4-2 on aggregate.

This is their 2nd semi-final appearance of the last 3 editions (having won it of course in 2013) and shows China's emerging dominance on the continental club stage.

It looks like Al-Hilal will be joining them later today with that honor (of two semi appearances in 3 editions). They're going into the return leg with Lekhwiya with a 4-1 lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Guangzhou become the 1st team to reach the semis after holding Kashiwa 1-1 at home and 4-2 on aggregate.

This is their 2nd semi-final appearance of the last 3 editions (having won it of course in 2013) and shows China's emerging dominance on the continental club stage.

It looks like Al-Hilal will be joining them later today with that honor (of two semi appearances in 3 editions). They're going into the return leg with Lekhwiya with a 4-1 lead.
                What are your feelings about tonights game, what should we expect?
                Humans of Tabriz | Humans of Tehran | Humans of Ardebil | Humans of Isfahan | Humans of Shiraz | Humans of Yazd

Comment

Originally posted by Kaveh11 View Post
                  What are your feelings about tonights game, what should we expect?
                  I don't think a 1-0 deficit is the end of the world and Mansourian & Co. definitely have a chance and seem to be in good spirits from the interviews.

I'm much less concerned with the scoreline from their home match than I am with the fact that they just don't seem to have gelled together for this season and Mobali's absence (injury) in this match is definitely not going to help - the good news is that Mottahari's cleared to play.

Another problem was that they just didn't look that hungry in the last match. But we are talking about the same Naft that came off a stellar season last year. So, they are going to turn things around at some point and who's to say that this match is not the best incentive and timing to do so.

And the rumor is that Al-Ahli management are a little worried about Naft, playing completely different from the last time, so they may come out very cautiously which may help Naft get into it's tempo. so as they say anything can happen in football.

Comment

The Chinese league is one horse race. Guangzhou is really strong with many China NT players and top foreigners. But from what I know, other Chinese clubs have never reached quarter-finals since the current format was introduced in 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                      The Chinese league is one horse race. Guangzhou is really strong with many China NT players and top foreigners. But from what I know, other Chinese clubs have never reached quarter-finals since the current format was introduced in 2009.
                      Yeah, Guangzhou really pulled away from the rest of the league a few years back, but the gap is narrowing. They finished only 3 points ahead of Beijing Guoan last year.

Not surprisingly, they both finished on top of their ACL groups this year and China had two representatives in the round of 16 only for the 2nd time (the other being two years ago when Ghangzhou won it).

Having said that, I think I got a little carried away with using the word dominance!

Comment

I have little belief in Naft. All that needs to happen is for them to start constantly diving in the box again, concede, and then put up with grass rolling for the remainder of the match.

Comment

Busy closing a project boys. Is the game in 2 hours? 12:30 EST?

Comment

Any links for game?
                            You just got Caged
                            K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Busy closing a project boys. Is the game in 2 hours? 12:30 EST?
                              The game is in 50 minutes from now.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Game is at 9:25 AM pacific standard time.

Comment

Working...
                                X