Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Popular and pragmatic, Carlos Queiroz's new faith in youth shows he is right man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popular and pragmatic, Carlos Queiroz's new faith in youth shows he is right man

http://sport360.com/article/asian-cu...shows-he-right

I was very concerned about Queiroz continuing in the post after the WC. Given the lack of integration of youth or any creative spark in the team several years into the role it seemed to me he was providing a short term, defensive coaching masterclass to paper over the cracks caused by years of IFF mismanagement.

I was very impressed with the turn around on the youth front with Pouraliganji in particular hopefully the next cornerstone of the defence in the way that Hosseini has been and Rezaei was before him.

The last paragraph of the article sums it up well - he seems to have created a robust defensive line into which he can slot new players which really bodes well. To really fulfil our potential he needs to add a creative, attacking style to arguably the most solid defensive foundation and the best striking options we've had in years.

Comment

The one thing the article does not mention, is the lack of funds, which are frozen in limbo by sanctions. Otherwise, very insightful commentary. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X