Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[VIDEO] Lack of passion for football in these people (AUS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greatpersian View Post
    I also think Australia's achievement is overrated. They got the easiest path in the knockout stage. China in QF, UAE in SF, declining Korea in final.
    Australia was eliminated by Japan in a row in 2007 and 2011 but this time Japan undeservedly choked in QF.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
      Same goes for Japan where football is number three after baseball and sumo. Fvck Islamic Republic. Without the regime, we would be in the top 20 in the world.
      Football is becoming the most popular sport in Japan. Baseball is considered an old-man's sport there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Football is becoming the most popular sport in Japan. Baseball is considered an old-man's sport there.
        I don't think so. Their baseball league has more total attendance than the likes of NHL, NFL and the top football leagues in Europe.
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tal_attendance

I watched a documentary on Yu Darvish (half Iranian player who is one of the best starters in MLB) and according to it, he is by far the most popular athlete in Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
          I don't think so. Their baseball league has more total attendance than the likes of NHL, NFL and the top football leagues in Europe.
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tal_attendance

I watched a documentary on Yu Darvish (half Iranian player who is one of the best starters in MLB) and according to it, he is by far the most popular athlete in Japan.
          You look at average attendance man, not total. Total means nothing. There is a million baseball games a year (Actually its 2500 or so). If 1 person went to each baseball game in USA there total would be higher than NBA (exaggeration by the way)

Av attendance @ Japan Baseball 30K
          Av attendance @ J League 18K

Therefore Baseball is still bigger.

NFL has the highest average attendance of all sports in the world (outside of motor racing)

Comment

Working...
          X