I am sure we would have won AC without Ben Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the quality of the final, the individual quality of South Korea and Australia and our recent record against Korea, I feel we were at least equal in terms of individual quality while superior in terms of tactical discipline and organization.

Both side's very open and attacking football combined with their problems in the back and inability to convert their chances would have suited Queiroz's tactics extremely well.

We have certainly been robbed a semi final berth, but Ben Williams in the end probably eliminated the designated champions and so in the end contributed to his country's title.

No i am not sure if we would win today but we would not get scored like this. Really fifty fifty match it would be....but not sure if we can say we would win this for sure....
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

red card for you Martin you're now officially "ben williamsed"

TEAM MELLI UNTIL THE END

Comment

I couldn't disagree more.

There are no 'if's' in football.

In that case then Turkey might of been in the. 2002 WC final, if it wasn't for those two stupid red cards.

The matter of fact is, we were our own worst enemy. We let the decision affect us greatly.

We were a goal up. If there was one thing we were good at, it was defending a lead.

Even with 10 men, shouldn't be conceding three goals to any team, let alone Iraq.

Then there was the penalties. I expect haghighi to save at least one out of six penalties.

We weren't prepared for the scenario, which begs the question on CQ.

Stop being bias and admit we didn't deserve to be champions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I stopped watching the rest of this dirty tournament as soon as our beloved Team Melli was maliciously forced out of tournament by the Aussie-Arab alliance so Australia or UAE don't face us in the Finals. The saga continued in 2004 it was Chinese-Arab alliance and in 1996 Arabs.

The sad thing is our Team's horrible penalty-shootout record worst in Asia! 2 wins(1988 vs China and 1996 vs Kuwait both for 3rd place), 6 losses (1984 & 1996 Saudis in semis, 1984 Kuwait in 3rd playoff, 2007 Korea and 2015 Iraq both Qtrs)! We are the England of Asia with regards to penalty-shootouts.

Our players need penaltyshootout-taking classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            Looking at the quality of the final, the individual quality of South Korea and Australia and our recent record against Korea, I feel we were at least equal in terms of individual quality while superior in terms of tactical discipline and organization.

Both side's very open and attacking football combined with their problems in the back and inability to convert their chances would have suited Queiroz's tactics extremely well.

We have certainly been robbed a semi final berth, but Ben Williams in the end probably eliminated the designated champions and so in the end contributed to his country's title.
            Formerly known as Persianking!
            Follow me @
            instagram/iranscout
            instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

There are two good teams that should be amoung the 4 best in Asia but missed it for some reason. Iran and Japan were clearly better than Iraq and UAE. Exactly how far Iran would have come if BW was not the ref is hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by DireStraits View Post
                There are two good teams that should be amoung the 4 best in Asia but missed it for some reason. Iran and Japan were clearly better than Iraq and UAE. Exactly how far Iran would have come if BW was not the ref is hard to say.
                Both Iran and Japan did not lose a game All others lost at least 1 game.

Team Melli and Blue Samurai rule Asia.

Comment

Agree totally!
                  Both South Korea and specially Australia made errors in their defence line, errors that we would have punished!
                  both of them would have had troubles versus us; would stuck playing the ball back and forth in their own half.
                  I am 100% sure we would have beaten them!
                  CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u-WPmc-b6Xo
                    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

*** edited ***

This type of language is not tolerated here!
                      WARNED!

Comment

Be nazare man finaale khoobi bood. Sor'ate baazi balaa bood, har do team feshaare ziaadi miavordan ro ham.Bazie hamlei bood, TM yek shiveye digari daare, kodaam behtare dar zamin baayad did, moteasefane in baar natonestim baa Kore va Australia ro be ro shavim. Har do team dar in reghabathaa besyaar khoob amal kardan.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I also think we had very good chance of lifting the Trophy. The only team which MAY have prevented us, was Japan which was already eliminated.

Comment

I think if we had beaten Argentina and Bosnia, we could have won the World Cup too! Forget about Asian cup.

Comment

Lets not say Iran would have won for the sake of the nay sayers, but we all have to agree that Iraq was toast had it not been for Ben Williams the red card cowboy. Then Iran would have faced a team that had been demoralized with 2 previous defeats, even if we had lost to Korea we would have easily beat UAE and got 3rd place, which IMO would have been the bare minimum podium spot for us. But again we are victims of both horrible refereering AND poor penalty taking!

Comment

Working...
                              X