BREAKING: Iraq Doping Scandal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
    So now it's a matter of AFC trying to cover their screw up...Oh man, just end this saga already!!
    Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
    If this is true, we have a weak case, means he wasn't officially ineligible because it dropped through the cracks.
    Looks like AFC ignored it and did nothing about it. I wonder about FIFA rules on this.

Comment

PICKED UP BY AFP AND YAHOO NEWS!!

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-protest-o...4970--sow.html

Comment

Here's how I see it:

- If AFC informed the Iraqi FA, then the victory should be awarded to Iran.

- If the AFC sat on it and did nothing, the match should be replayed.

Comment

Originally posted by onebloodfool View Post
          Honestly in that case, the most viable option would be to have the match replayed (with Zahra suspended).
          I see no fairer solution to this crisis. That is assuming Iraqi federation was not made aware.

no the only fair solution is to obbey to Fifa rules, which says: if a team fielded a suspended player, the result will be 0:3 and that team will be eliminated, if the complain by the opposing team is done within the time frame of (24 hrs i think).

Thats the law! and the only way!
          CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Behzad12 View Post
            Could you imagine how embarrassing it would be for AFC if they actually did that. Logistically speaking, I think they would lobby for that not to happen, even if it's the fairest thing to do .
            Its more embarassing that their disciplinary commite sat on their asses with the doping case and failed to suspend Zahra.

Comment

This is turning into a diffrent type of Iran-Iraq War
              sigpic
              Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Payam_Ali View Post
                So FIFA and AFC just swept it under the rug? I wish I could say I'm surprised
                I personally like to see Iran Advance and clash against SK but I don't think that's going to happen.
                This is a little bit more complicated than just disqualifying Iraq and advance Iran to Semi final instead.
                The Iraqi player played AC games against Jordan and Japan. That would mean that Iraq would lose by default 3-0 for those games and would complicate the whole thing. It would possibly mean Jordan would have advanced because of this instead of Iraq and play QF match against Iran. I don't think AFC would unravel the whole tournament to address this issue. Some type of Sanction against Iraq is a more realistic scenario for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
                  no the only fair solution is to obbey to Fifa rules, which says: if a team fielded a suspended player, the result will be 0:3 and that team will be eliminated, if the complain by the opposing team is done within the time frame of (24 hrs i think).

But the question now is if AFC didn't inform the Iraqi federation, does that still make the player ineligible?

Comment

But in the scenario Im talking, the player was supposedly not officially suspended. AFC disciplinary commite sat on the information and did nothing, and never informed the Iraqi FA.

Comment

But the issue is, we are not sure if he was ever officially suspended, but the looks of that article he wasn't. A + doping test means nothing, there has to be an investigation afterwards, not clear if it happened in this case. Iraqi player also claims he was never told anything
                      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                        Here's how I see it:

- If AFC informed the Iraqi FA, then the victory should be awarded to Iran.

- If the AFC sat on it and did nothing, the match should be replayed.

this is the way you see it but not the fifa regulation, which says in this case Iraq loses 0:3 and gets eliminated! Thats FIFA rule! they have to honour it! there is no way out other than honouring Fifa rule!
                        CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: http://www.persianfootball.com/forums/faq.php

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Siavash View Post
                          I am not sure if this is a good or bad news
                          According to ISNA, FIFA letter indicates they received the doping docs but AFC Disciplinary comity sat on it and did not do anything about it. So, no decision was made and as a result no letter was sent to Iraqi Federation or the player

به گزارش خبرگزاری دانشجویان ایران( ایسنا)، فیفا روز شنبه در نامه*ای رسمی اعلام کرد که مدارک دوپینگی بودن علا عبدالزهرا بازیکن ملی پوش تیم عراق که فدراسیون فوتبال ایران ارسال کرده را دریافت کرده است.

نامه فیفا تنها تایید می*کند که مدارک دریافت شده است اما برای اعلام دوپینگی بودن یا برای محرومیت یک بازیکن به واسطه دوپینگی بودن، نیازمند تشکیل کمیته انضباطی است که به نظر می*رسد تاکنون کمیته انضباطی AFC در این خصوص تشکیل جلسه نداده و محرومیتی برای عبدالزهرا اعمال و ابلاغ نشده است.
                          in my opinion this should not be excused for the Iraqis to say we did not know. I am 100% sure that both the coach of Iraq and the Iraq player knew that he could not play in the game due to doping and they still concoiusly played him in the match against Iran. This guy doped FFA! He had a physical advantage!! Both he and his coach knew it! Who cares if there was no official document sent!!

Comment

Apparently this is a video of the head of IRAQFA saying the appeal was rejected and Iraq are into the semi-finals. It was posted to facebook approximately 20 minutes ago. Anyone understand it?

https://www.facebook.com/iraqgfpg/po...51180234897740

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              If this is true, then why should Iran have to pay for this? This is fucking insane.
                              Originally posted by onebloodfool View Post
                              Honestly in that case, the most viable option would be to have the match replayed (with Zahra suspended).
                              I see no fairer solution to this crisis. That is assuming Iraqi federation was not made aware.
                              And the entirety of the AFC should be thrown out on its ass, including and especially that butcrack Bahraini Al-Khalifa. Dirty pieces of shit.
                              But IFF informed Fifa about 5 months ago. I wonder about timing for doping issues. I hope someone here tell us about rules and timing on doping.

Comment

Can someone translate this asshole?

https://m.facebook.com/iraqgfpg/posts/1051180234897740

"Ali Hussain ‏@TheJenabi 4m4 minutes ago
                                Head of @IRAQFA confirms that Iran's complaint is rejected. Iraq will play in #AsianCupSemiFinal #AsianCupJustice https://m.facebook.com/iraqgfpg/posts/1051180234897740

Comment

Working...
                                X