Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mehdiKia15 View Post
    Scott McIntyre ‏@mcintinhos 9m9 minutes ago

The AFC's disciplinary committee will meet soon, Sydney time, to make a judgement on the Iran/Iraq case. Expect an answer this afternoon.
    Details
    "meet soon, Sydney time"

What clock hour is "soon". :

Comment

15:00
      زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

So meeting and examination of facts has been going on for a while if I'm understanding this correctly. The representatives of the two federations have been summoned for the announcement at 3:00 p.m. local time (2 hours) to be given the verdict. The fact that the deliberation has taken so long, should be viewed more positively in Iran's favor than Iraq's IMHO.

The question in front of the committee isn't whether AAZ is guilty of doping - based on the available information there's strong evidence to suggest that is the case. That by itself does not mean the result of the match will be overturned. For that to happen, the committee has to establish that he was an ineligible player, meaning that he or the Iraqi federation were made aware of the doping results.

If the committee has got enough evidence (either from FIFA or AFC officials supporting that), the verdict should be a straightforward one, although its implementation, anything but. If the committee concluded that Iraqi FA did not know about this for whatever reason, it could still be found guilty (because the onus is on them to insure players are eligible), but the more likely scenario would be a long ban for AAZ and a HUGE fine for the Iraqi FA, but no overturning of results.

Now, keep in mind that this all came up late Friday night and in the early hours of Saturday morning, so FIFA offices would surely have been understaffed over the weekend. So IFF would normally be asked to provide proof of receipt for sending documentation to FIFA. I hope they had that, because if they do the case it a lot more clear cut, because AFC will assume that FIFA would have notified the Iraqi FA and/or the player.

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        I reaaaaallly feel like this was some clever plan by the IFF, in case of a screwjob by AFC. I have to give them credit if they did that. If you look at when this thread was started, it was pretty soon after the game had ended. IFF knew to file this complaint. I think even CQ and the players didn't know.

I actually think this is possibility and for once IFF did something not just right but wisely. I'm sure they were pissed off about the result of the Olympic qualifier being over-turned, so they were just waiting to get these f^$$s back.

Comment

BREAKING: Iraq Doping Scandal

Originally posted by onebloodfool View Post
          "meet soon, Sydney time"

What clock hour is "soon". :
          Scott just pulled a Kaffashian

Comment

Right now during the meeting between IFF, IFA and AFC:

Nabi to AFC official: Ey baba, de haghemono bedin kafe dastemon ma berim peye karemon, Aragh oute Iran mire bala, gheyre ine???
            Iraqi official to Nabi: vey vey vey, oh heyvan, ey maymoon, men farsi baladam ey, hagh bi hagh, vasalam.
            AFC: CALM down, somebody get two knifes in here, let them settle this right here, right now, who ever wins there team advances.
            And btw, get Ben Williams in here to referee the knife-fight so its fair

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              So meeting and examination of facts has been going on for a while if I'm understanding this correctly. The representatives of the two federations have been summoned for the announcement at 3:00 p.m. local time (2 hours) to be given the verdict. The fact that the deliberation has taken so long, should be viewed more positively in Iran's favor than Iraq's IMHO.

The question in front of the committee isn't whether AAZ is guilty of doping - based on the available information there's strong evidence to suggest that is the case. That by itself does not mean the result of the match will be overturned. For that to happen, the committee has to establish that he was an ineligible player, meaning that he or the Iraqi federation were made aware of the doping results.

If the committee has got enough evidence (either from FIFA or AFC officials supporting that), the verdict should be a straightforward one, although its implementation, anything but. If the committee concluded that Iraqi FA did not know about this for whatever reason, it could still be found guilty (because the onus is on them to insure players are eligible), but the more likely scenario would be a long ban for AAZ and a HUGE fine for the Iraqi FA, but no overturning of results.

Now, keep in mind that this all came up late Friday night and in the early hours of Saturday morning, so FIFA offices would surely have been understaffed over the weekend. So IFF would normally be asked to provide proof of receipt for sending documentation to FIFA. I hope they had that, because if they do the case it a lot more clear cut, because AFC will assume that FIFA would have notified the Iraqi FA and/or the player.
              according to fifa, the whole team would be punished by forfeit. There is no such individual fine which exists in this sense.

Comment

The bigger question is whether our players are ready, emotionally and physically, to play against SK in case of a ruling against Iraq...
                "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

دون شك علا عبدالزهرا، سوژه اصلي رسانه هاي ايراني در دو روز گذشته بوده است. دوپينگ او و اعتراض ايران به اين موضوع به اخبار اصلي جام ملتهاي آسيا بدل شده است.

هافبك تيم ملي عراق در مورد بحث دوپينگش گفت: من نمي دانم اين چه كارهايي است كه مسئولان ايران انجام مي دهند. آنها با انتشار اين اخبار مي خواهند ذهن مردم ايران را جاي ديگري ببرند تا باخت را فراموش كنند و انتقادي انجام ندهند. من 6 ماه پيش براي تراكتورسازي بازي مي كردم. 19 شهريور با اين تيم فسخ قرارداد كردم. 20 شهريور با پرواز هوايي به بغداد رفتم. از آن زمان تاكنون چرا مسئولان ايراني درباره دوپينگ من حرفي نردند? چرا مهرماه به من چيزي نگفتند? چرا آبان ماه حرفي نزدند? چرا گذاشتند و فقط نيم ساعت بعد از بازي اين بحث را رسانه اي كردند?

عبدالزهرا در ادامه افزود: من يكبار در ايران تست دوپينگ دادم. مسئولان گفتند تست تو مشكوك است و بايد يك بار ديگر از تو تست بگيريم. من هم با تراكتورسازي فسخ قرارداد كردم و به عراق رفتم. آن زمان مسئولان فدراسيون ايران بايد با باشگاه جديد من يا فدراسيون عراق مكاتبه مي كردند و مي گفتند كه من بايد تست بدهم. آنها هيچ حرفي به من نزدند و نامه اي به من ندادند. واقعا نمي توانم درك كنم كه چرا مسئولان ايران حالا يادشان افتاده كه بايد از من تست مي گرفتند. آنها براي من آي تي سي صادر كردند اما حالا آمده اند و از مثبت بودن دوپينگ من حرف مي زنند كه جاي تعجب دارد.

علا عبدالزهرا اضافه كرد: مگر ايراني ها نمي گويند كه من دوپينگ كرده ام? چرا خبرش روي سايت كنفدراسيون فوتبال آسيا و حتي فيفا نيست? چرا فقط در رسانه هاي ايراني مي گويند كه فيفا دوپينگ مرا تاييد كرده? اگر من دوپينگ كرده ام، پس بايد خبرش روي سايت هاي رسمي بيايد اما فعلا كه خبري نيامده. اين خوب نيست كه مسئولان ايراني با آبروي من بازي مي كنند. آنها خودشان مسلمان هستند و مي دانند در دين اسلام، آبروي كسي را نبايد برد.يكي دو روز است كه همه در استراليا به من جور ديگري نگاه مي كنند. من وقتي از تراكتورسازي جدا شدم، پولم را پس دادم. گفتم كه اين پول براي من كه فقط چند بازي انجام داده ام حرام است اما حالا مي بينم كه اين شايعات را برايم ساخته اند. اگر واقعا دوپينگي بودم چرا نيم ساعت بعد از بازي اعلامش كرديد? مسئولان فوتبال ايران مي خواهند مرا قرباني كنند تا خودشان قرباني نشوند و اين براي ما دو كشور كه دين مان اسلام است اتفاق خوبي نيست

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post

I actually think this is possibility and for once IFF did something not just right but wisely. I'm sure they were pissed off about the result of the Olympic qualifier being over-turned, so they were just waiting to get these f^$$s back.
                    Check out the past few pages: Yes,the IFF sent all their stuff in, detailed documents, before the match. Whether or not he is ineligible and what the punishment is going to be are the questions. I looked on the FIFA rule book to see what the process is for someone to become ineligible but couldn't find it. They have plenty of stuff that would make you ineligible but not the process, how long it takes, etc...
                    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

BREAKING: Iraq Doping Scandal

Originally posted by Lapayee View Post
                      The bigger question is whether our players are ready, emotionally and physically, to play against SK in case of a ruling against Iraq...
                      I don't think they are. However, I would prefer losing 5-0 to Korea than having Iraq in the semi finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Scott just pulled a Kaffashian
                        Duuuuude, Kaffashian is THE man of the hour right now!
                        Im actually shocked at what IFF has accomplished here lol

Comment

It doesn't matter if South Korea kills us. It matters that justice is served and the correct team is in the semifinals.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I don't think they are. However, I would prefer losing 5-0 to Korea than having Iraq in the semi finals.
                            I'm not sure if they are either...
                            "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Story now being covered by AFP.. http://news.yahoo.com/iran-protest-o...4970--sow.html
                              Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

If IFF actually get this done I will never badmouth them again. This little scheme was actually genius.

Comment

Working...
                                X