Watch this to feel a little better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch this to feel a little better

Goal videos are already up on video3. I just re-watched Gucci's last second equalizer, gave me goosebumps. The TeamMelli I used to know would have given up emotionally (roohiye) after the first extra-time goal, much less a PENALTY with five minutes left! But this showed the pure grit and determination of the team. I have a feeling that I'll eventually forget the sting of the loss, the moronic red card, the idiot ref, and the penalties hopefully I can get over, but I will never forget screaming my lungs out at 4:15am because of Gucci's goal. That sort of goal is usually scored ON us for a last second heartbreaker, this time we were the ones with the last-second miracle!!

Watch, listen to the commentary and excitement, and maybe that will soothe some of the pain:
    http://video.varzesh3.com/video/%DA%...1%D8%A7%D9%82/

thank you for this made me smile.

Comment

Originally posted by persian4life View Post
      thank you for this made me smile.
      you're welcome. as the depression sets in for many members here (as i can see in posts), it's good to remind ourselves of our happy, screaming times when i'm sure ALL of us were staring at gucci celebrating in disbelief. i hope those moments, those happy moments of pure joy, can stick with us and push us forward.

under a vatani coach im sure we'd be too emotionally unwell after the first extra-time goal to do anything, much less respond to even the SECOND goal.

Comment

I keep replaying the third goal. Even the BeinSports arab announcer was going crazy for iran, calling us the most charismatic team in Asia, never gives up.

the IRIB announcer for once was really emphatic... and finally the way the entire team was celebrating after scoring the 3rd goal, pure adrenaline.

Final mandatory word: Fuck you Benjamin Williams.

Comment

I have tears in my eyes every time I watch the third goal. Too emotional !!!

Comment

did the ball cross the line prior to guccis goal?

Comment

FYI,
              we are on the front page of reddit soccer

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer

Comment

This just makes me sad to see how hard we had to work just to try and escape the bullshit we were given......Talk about bad luck. That ball crossed the line by the way lol

Comment

Working...
                X