Shame on us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shame on us

for forgetting that whenever we are strong contesters for the title, a ref will come along to screw us over.

You've all seen it, remember 2004, remember 1996.

The Asian title isn't worth anything. You get eliminated by a ref and noone cares.

Asian football will continue to get what it deserves on big international stage.

Williams should have never been allowed to whistle any other game after obviously trying to cheat Uzbekistan out of the competition in favour of Saudi Arabia.

And you cannot appoint him for another Iran match for certain after what happened in first match.

But huge respect to our boys, heroic and not even 12 vs. 10 they can beat us. Never ever.

"not even 12 vs. 10 they can beat us. Never ever."
    Well, the tears on my face is telling me another story..

Comment

Shame on all the 'fans' who are now talking shit about CQ and TM. They played magnificently considering the injustice they suffered. They played with gheyrat, the played with passion and they never gave up. We got robbed like so many times in the past by a ref. Even with this blatant bias against our boys, Iraq couldn't put us away until lottery time. We got robbed in this game. Its plain and simple.

Thank you to all the fans who support this team and this coach.

Comment

and that's just soccer. think about all sports, abdevali in wrestling (x2 now including world championships this year) and so many before him, and on and on.

Comment

They didn't beat us. They won a lottery, despite heavy favouring. Not much we can blame them for. But nothing we could do today. With any other ref this would have been 3-0 for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
            for forgetting that whenever we are strong contesters for the title, a ref will come along to screw us over.

You've all seen it, remember 2004, remember 1996.

The Asian title isn't worth anything. You get eliminated by a ref and noone cares.

Asian football will continue to get what it deserves on big international stage.

Williams should have never been allowed to whistle any other game after obviously trying to cheat Uzbekistan out of the competition in favour of Saudi Arabia.

And you cannot appoint him for another Iran match for certain after what happened in first match.

But huge respect to our boys, heroic and not even 12 vs. 10 they can beat us. Never ever.
            Iran should simply ask to never have Asian refs for any of their games again. Only West European ones who at least hate Asian football equally.

And its times like this I remember why European media don't really cover Asian football.

Comment

TM SANGE TAMOOM GOZAASHT.
              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Although a tough loss, I can't help but still feel so proud at the way we fought back time and time again despite everything going against us. Fantastic effort by our boys against all odds, the ref f***d us, but the boys fought till the end. This has to go down as the most exciting match of the tournament thus far. Hopefully this fool of a ref gets blacklisted.

Comment

This is a conspiracy against Iranian football. And don't tell me I'm Iranian, I'm Kuwaiti and I follow Iranian football. Crossing off Mohammad Nouri, Ghassem Hadadifar, Mohsen Mosalman, Payam Sadeghian, Iman MobAli, Gholam Reza Rezaie, Mohammad Reza Khalatbari, Mahdi Sharifi, Rahman Ahmadi, and calling the likes of Mehradad Pouladi, Masoud Shojaie, Javad Nekunam, and Ali Reza Haghighi is something beyond our understanding. This is a betrayal at it's best.

Comment

This day shall now and forever been know as 'The Canberra Screwjob'

Comment

Not to forget what happens when we get favoured for once. Remember Iran vs. Oman in 2004? Ref ripped apart in public and immediately sent home.

Comment

So proud of CQ and the boys, they played 90 minutes (a whole match!) with 10 men and equalized twice. Penaltys is like luck anyways, we could have won but this time we lost. At least the joy is going to the Iraqi people who are suffering even more than our people. We only lost because this referee.

Comment

We had to win this match even with the red card just 1:0, but we failed, still proud to come back two times, nice goals scored, but unlucky at the end. as somebody said, still they dont beat us. never ever. sad...
                          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

Gutted

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                              And its times like this I remember why European media don't really cover Asian football.
                              very true.

Comment

Working...
                              X