Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
    why didn't gucci take a penalty?
    Because he didn't have the guts and confidence. I would take him any day of the week instead of Amiri to take that PK

Comment

Originally posted by jumba47 View Post
      Because he didn't have the guts and confidence. I would take him any day of the week instead of Amiri to take that PK
      He put his hand up but was unfortunate. Can happen to anyone.

Comment

I love Vahid Amiri. I'm not upset because it was penalty shootouts and anything can happen in that game.

However, I am very pissed off at Benjamin Williams. He killed the match for us.

Carlos would have owed more than just $5,000 to the AFC if Ansarifard didn't hold him back at halftime.

Comment

Vahid Amiri appreciation thread

I was really worried by the look on hosseini's face; it had row z written all over his penalty shot, but credit to him he didn't let the team down.

He was probably more surprised by it than we were😄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Played really well, can't fault him at all!
            I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Vahid Amiri appreciation thread

Most underrated player of TM. At first I didn’t know what CQ was seeing in him, but ever since that World Cup he hasn’t had one single bad game. Amiri is a real soldier and lets take another moment to appreciate him. Shame he only played one season in Europe.

Comment

He is running like 18 years old kid. With the way he is playing, he can start in the next WC(if we qualify) or Asian cup

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s 0 doubt Vahid was one of the best players on the field vs. Bahrain. So much talent, so much gheyrat and heart in just one player. He’s amazing. Damet garm Agha Vahid!

Vahid Amiri

Comment

Solid player. Could play on any european club
                    WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

he did well for trabzon as well and was popular among fans

Comment

There is only 1 Vahid Amiri - guy is pure hustle and heart nothing else to him....no baggage, hashiyeh, etc. just a true leader and gentleman

Idt he had many bad games honestly I think he had a few here and there and ppl went nuts....in the AC in 2015 he was solid and of course the only thing ppl remember was him missing the PK vs Iraq. When we played on big stages or against big teams he always showed up...friendly game vs Chile I remember he was running circles around their star studded European caliber team and in the 2018 WC he was even better.

The man is simply a legend, watch and appreciate!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The iron lung of Team Melli.

If we had proper youth football infrastructure in this country Vahid Amiri would have played in Bundesliga for 10 years. As it turned out he didnt even take up football professionally until age 23+.

But nevermind the past, his performances in WC,AC, and since, his courage to reject Qatari offers and go to trabzonspor to try at older age to experience european football, where he was so well liked and even got good mins in a midfield loaded with seriously top talent (Yusuf now at lille winning french league, abdulkadir omur, Sosa, etc), and then his loyalty to stay with PP still in face of more big qatari offers, all speak volumes about his importance.

He is a leader in our team, by example not in words or yelling at other people (cough, ehsan, cough), and that is invaluable.

Comment

Amiri does work hard and has been effective. So, I would say THANK YOU.
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

So many times Amiri has delivered for TM!

Let's not forget one of the most amazing moves by Amiri... when he nutmeged Pique in WC2018

https://youtu.be/VIgJJcJKwJk

Comment

Amiri is the one who reminds us that perhaps the word grit in English came from gheyrat in Persian (Farsi). He is the embodiment of gheyrat AND character. Never complains, quite, modest and hardworking who tells you what he is made of on the pitch. As inarsenwetrust said, he started playing professionally after getting his law degree and completing his military service (sarbazi). He is a late bloomer and keeps blooming! Also important to mention that he is from Lorestan and our Lor compatriots just like our Azari and Kurd compatriots (and many other ethnic and religious minorities) have been the subject of many ethno-racist jokes and attacks, and who he is on and off the pitch reminds all of us again and again how those jokes and attacks should never be part of our culture and sub-culture in any sphere of life, sports or not. I had completely forgotten his penalty miss against Iraq in AFC Championship 2015. That tells me just like Golmohammadi's miss, he has done so much for our football that I didn't even remember those misses until people brought them up here. Human beings are all much better than the worst things that they have done and if that miss was the worst thing Amiri has done for our football then it should be forgotten. He came through the amazing Naft-eh Tehran that at one point produced great talents including Beiro for Iranian football and like many great stories in our history disappeared due to mismanagement and lack of funds. The rest is done in ardalan style and Persian (Farsi):
                                Aghayeh Vahid Amiri -eh gol, namaad-eh mehr, mohabat, sharaf, gheyerat, sakht-kooshi, tavaazo va shaksheeat-eh ensaanee, beh shoma eftekhaar meekoneem va zahemat o fadakareehayeh shoma ra barayeh football-eh Iran, heech gaah faraamoosh nakhaaheem kard. Beh omeed-eh behbood-eh har cheh saree tar-eh shoma va tandorostee-eh rooz afzoonetan!

آقای وحید امیریِ گل، نماد ِ مهر، محبت، شرف، غیرت، سخت کوشی، تواضع و شخصیت انسانی، ما به شما افتخار می کنیم و زحمات و فداکاری های شما را برای فوتبال ایران هیچگاه فراموش نخواهیم کرد. به امیدِ بهبودیِ هرچه سریع ترِشما و تندرستیِ روز افزونتان

Go Vahid!

Comment

Working...
                                X