The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    Rest in peace Andy Smart - died unexpectedly last night. Some of you will remember him in the Outsiders (1998) alongside Nick Hancock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7bTVEGhM
    Rest in Peace Andy Smart.

He was great in that documentary.

Comment

What is Farzad Majidi up to these days? Did he go into coaching?

Comment

We are the only country to have reached 6 consecutive Asian Cup semifinals.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
          We are the only country to have reached 6 consecutive Asian Cup semifinals.
          And the only country to win the cup back to back? 😄🇮🇷

Comment

Originally posted by Babak_Shirazi View Post
            And the only country to win the cup back to back? 😄🇮🇷
            Japan (2000, 2004), South Korea (1956, 1960) and Saudi Arabia (1984, 1988) have also won back to back titles. We are the only country to win 3 in a row.
            Also Parviz Ghelichkhani is the only player to have won 3 Asian Cup gold medals.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Hormoz Tabrizi playing against Maradona in a tournament in Mexico.

Comment

I can't find when/where this game happened. Was it an official game? I can't find any record of a game where Iran beats Poland 3-0. All I can find is 2 other games in 1990 where Iran lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I can't find when/where this game happened. Was it an official game? I can't find any record of a game where Iran beats Poland 3-0. All I can find is 2 other games in 1990 where Iran lost.
                  This was right before the 1990 Asian Games at Azadi (8/3/90). It was Poland's B team hence an unofficial match. We also beat the same opponent 1-0 2 days prior.

TM 1990 (11) - Iran 3 Poland B 0.jpg

Comment

Cuneyt Cakir

Comment

Mayeli Kohan and his defense of Ali Karimi.
                      This is the same guy people hated because he prays and we lost a game to Qatar.

Comment

whats up with the IR flags on team melli twitter these days...? are the seyyedoona fans taking over?

Comment

Eskandarian and Cruyff.

Comment

Good interview with Akhbari, what a class-act this guy is. Damesh garm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Keano; 06-30-2023, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Eskandarian.

Comment

Working...
                              X