The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football was so different back then.
    Rapid Vienna signed an almost 30 year old Pashazadeh who was coming off a very bad injury and fairly poor season in Esteghlal.
    Now they won't even try to sign an 18 year old without 30 trials, six years of negotiations, and 2 World Cup appearances.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post

I honestly can't remember the lineup, but I definitely remember Majidi was starting, which wasn't that common back then. Azadi stadium's pitch had also been completely replaced, and seats installed in the lower section so the photo does match up with that period.
      Over the past 2 days I've decoded about 10 more TM team pictures, many of them with your help. Currently I have the team picture for 512 out of 807 official and unofficial games TM has played.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Football was so different back then.
        Rapid Vienna signed an almost 30 year old Pashazadeh who was coming off a very bad injury and fairly poor season in Esteghlal.
        Now they won't even try to sign an 18 year old without 30 trials, six years of negotiations, and 2 World Cup appearances.
        What a great video
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I'm trying to find anything about this game/tournament. Any locals in Austria able to shed light on what exactly is the name of this team in English? If you can't read Persian, it says something along the lines of Funk Nit.

Iran-Fank Nit 2001.png
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I hadn’t even heard of Hakimzadeh.

The only other thing I can think of is that they took the picture before the start of the game and then someone got injured right between then and kick off and the lineup was changed.

how many players from the games against Kuwait u23 are missing in the first photo ?

have you ever tried reaching out to Mr Panahi (teammelli dotcom owner)? He might have an idea ?
            I somehow missed this message of yours. Here are the 2 Kuwait U23 game lineups.

Iran-Kuwait 1996.png

While I haven't reached out to Mr. Panahi but I frequently use his site to verify lineups.

Comment

First Picture:

Standing from left:

Peyrovani, Mansourian, Bagheri, Shahroud, Daei, Abedzadeh
              Sitting from left:

Tahami, Sadaavi, ?, Dinmohammadi, ?

Second Picture

Standign from left:
              Mahdavikia?, Bezik, Minavand, ? Hasheminasab, ?, ?, Fekri, ?, Nakisa, Khakpour

I still don't think these were official matches (FIFA ranked) because Bezik never started a game for TM.
              I think I may have solved the mystery on the second picture.

2.jpg

It seems to be our military team. Here's another picture of our military team with many of these same players and the same uniform. These are possibly from the 1997 World Military Games in Tehran.

image.png

Comment

Which game is this from?
                I know it was the Austria camp in 2010 or so but not sure what match.

Comment

Which game is this from?
                  I know it was the Austria camp in 2010 or so but not sure what match.

July 17, 2010. Iran 1 Vasas Budapest 0.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post

I think I may have solved the mystery on the second picture.

2.jpg

It seems to be our military team. Here's another picture of our military team with many of these same players and the same uniform. These are possibly from the 1997 World Military Games in Tehran.

image.png
                    The coolest kits we ever had
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

I'm guessing this isn't the main TM. Maybe even it's Persepolis. Any help with the players/date/opponent?

LN6hpjR.jpg

Comment

Let's try one more today. I can't quite place the first guy standing on the right, and 2nd and 3rd guy sitting from the right although I'm thinking they are Kameli Mofrad, Amir Abadi and Mobali (although maybe not even in that order). If these 3 players are correct then this must be our 4-1 win against Cameroon in the August 2003 LG Cup.
                        NzCsScM.jpg
                        image.png
                        lpwF4VH.jpg
                        This one seems to be the Kish camp just prior to the 2000 US tour. I'm not sure who we played there (if anyone).
                        NzCsScM.jpg
                        Attached Files

Comment

I had seen him over the past few Sundays but he would come late and after the game was already in progress so I didn't get a chance to talk to him. I finally talked to him last night during Charshanbeh Soori. He didn't have much to say other than he was young and didn't have much memory about Persepolis (or Bowling Abdo) as they had left Iran right around the time of the revolution but you could detect the sadness in his voice talking about it. His words were something along the lines of we lost everything, they took it all from us.
                          Have you listened to the "Outsiders" podcast?
                          They had an excellent episode Ali Abdo, but it also had a lot of detail about:

Abdo's alleged connections
                          why Parvin was banned from Iranian football in the mid 90s.
                          the disgusting allegations against Behzadi..

Reminded me of today and how stupid alot of our social media and accusations against TM and TM players are these days. The same groups and garbage accusations are being thrown around. We've learned nothing.

Comment

Have you listened to the "Outsiders" podcast?
                            They had an excellent episode Ali Abdo, but it also had a lot of detail about:

Abdo's alleged connections
                            why Parvin was banned from Iranian football in the mid 90s.
                            the disgusting allegations against Behzadi..

Reminded me of today and how stupid alot of our social media and accusations against TM and TM players are these days. The same groups and garbage accusations are being thrown around. We've learned nothing.
                            I haven't. Where can I listen to it?

Comment

I haven't. Where can I listen to it?

text and podcast can be found here

https://outsiderspodcast.ir/complete...-and-ali-abdo/

Comment

Rest in peace Andy Smart - died unexpectedly last night. Some of you will remember him in the Outsiders (1998) alongside Nick Hancock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ-7bTVEGhM

Comment

Working...
                                X