No announcement yet.

The Official Persian Football Go Random Thread v2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only Taremi had buried this. The Football world would've imploded.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1011340516582043649

Comment

Guess the game based on this partial lineup. There is one big hint in it.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        Guess the game based on this partial lineup. There is one big hint in it.

Iran-Thailand Asia Cup 1996 - I think this was Moharrami's last tournament for TM ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Iran-Thailand Asia Cup 1996 - I think this was Moharrami's last tournament for TM ever.
          Correct and the only game that he captained TM.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Correct and the only game that he captained TM.
            He is one of your all time favorites isn’t he?
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
              He is one of your all time favorites isn’t he?
              He is. At times I think he achieved so much more if he hadn't been suspended so much but then I think the reasons for those suspensions were what made people like his fighting spirit on the field.

Comment

With all this free time at home I've resumed writing Iran's soccer history. I had stopped after the 1994 Asian Games. I'm currently at the Melbourne match. Three things that came to my mind: 1) Where the hell was our defense 30 seconds into the match where they had a 1v1 with Abedzadeh? In fact the lone defender there suddenly runs away from the play towards a player without the ball. 2) Abedzadeh really sold his own foul where he kneed Harry Kewell and then dropped himself on the ground, earning Kewell a yellow card. The entire stadium was chanting bullshit to the call and if I wasn't Iranian I would too. 3) I'm still not convinced Azizi wasn't offside when he made the assist to Bagheri. He was on the endline when he received the ball that came off of our player (I think it's Daei). From the main angle it looks like it hits an Australian after Daei but from the angle looking from our half it doesn't look like it did. Actually Azizi himself claims he was offside.

Comment

Was Keller tripping up Azizi in the 1998 World Cup a penalty? I think it was definitely a foul but I'm not sure if it was in the box. His body seems to be hitting Keller's butt while Keller's knee is on the line.

Comment

Was Keller tripping up Azizi in the 1998 World Cup a penalty? I think it was definitely a foul but I'm not sure if it was in the box. His body seems to be hitting Keller's butt while Keller's knee is on the line.

It's definitely a penalty. The referee later said it was a penalty.
                    Last edited by Nokhodi; 04-21-2020, 08:13 AM.

Comment

KC do you have any idea that, that table doesn't do justice to how superior Queiroz is to Branko.

More importantly Queiroz disciplined his players, taught them how to move as a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                        KC do you have any idea that, that table doesn't do justice to how superior Queiroz is to Branko.

More importantly Queiroz disciplined his players, taught them how to move as a unit.
                        I know but I tried keeping it as simple as possible for comparison purposes for those of us who had trouble with big, scary numbers and counting in general.

Comment

I know but I tried keeping it as simple as possible for comparison purposes for those of us who had trouble with big, scary numbers and counting in general.
                          cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            It's definitely a penalty. The referee later said it was a penalty.

https://youtube.com/WEOOgTuRiQY?t=2502
                            the link doesn't open up for me

Comment

In 1987ish we played a couple of friendlies against a team from Eastern Europe, possibly Hungary. I don't believe this was TM but perhaps maybe a Tehran selection because Parvin also played. We lost one and won the other if I remember correctly. WHat I remember most about it was that we played in green/white/red uniforms for the first match but switched to red/white/green for the second. Furthermore the green socks for the second match looked like they may have been originally white but had been left soaking in a swamp for days and picking up the lajan color. Does anyone remember these games?

Comment

Originally posted by Galactika View Post
                                the link doesn't open up for me
                                https://youtu.be/WEOOgTuRiQY?t=2421

Comment

Working...
                                X