This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
    all yellow cards are wiped out after the group stage, the asian cup format is different from fifa, in fifa the yellow card carry till quater then semi all wiped,in asian cup after group stage all wiped out
    i heard the aussie commentators say they get wiped after quarters in this year's AC as well.

Comment

PRE-MATCH DISCUSSION | Iran vs. Iraq - Asian Cup 2015

Originally posted by teammelli8080 View Post
      i heard the aussie commentators say they get wiped after quarters in this year's AC as well.
      Exactly. Cards will remain till quarterfinals.
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Do not underestimate Iraq. They only lost with 1 goal to Japan and that as a PK too.

We need to go into this match with a Sepahan mentality, not a Persepolis mentality.
        sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Clarification that Yellow Cards only get wiped out after this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_AF...Cup#Discipline

With that in mind, that list (Nekounam, Hajsafi, Pouladi, Masoud and Azmoun) is a frightening one. All of them are going to be needed in the semis. I hope none of them do anything silly and show the discipline required. Hopefully we will put the game to bed and be able to take three of them off by the hour mark.

Extremely confident here. Our complete B-Team (exception of Pouraliganji, Ghafouri and Azmoun) beat them relatively comfortably and as UAE showed, our B-Team is a shadow of our A-Team.

The team Iraq played in that game was very close to their best side too.

---------------------------Jalal---------------------------
          Waleed----Ibrahim----------Bahjat-----------Ismail
          ----------------Abdulameer---Kasim------------------
          Kalaf-----------------Zahra-----------------------Tariq
          ----------------------Mahmoud-------------------------

The bolded players will definitely play and Kalaf, Mahmoud and Zahra may start too. They've got nothing in attack, absolutely nothing. Mahmoud is about as mobile as a scarecrow, Kalaf and their American AM Meram are crap and their left winger Yasin is lively but is a poor man's Vahid Amiri. They have two good central midfielders and that's largely why they're so solid in defence but hopefully CQ has a plan for them. We're going to absolutely thrash them, a humiliation of mammoth proportions is in order. 2-0.

Comment

PRE-MATCH DISCUSSION | Iran vs. Iraq - Asian Cup 2015

Originally posted by alaph View Post
            Have we ever seen Reza and Sardar on the same starting 11? I don't that has ever happened.
            Friendly game vs Iraq before the games started!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
              Friendly game vs Iraq before the games started!
              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Oh yea! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                With that in mind, that list (Nekounam, Hajsafi, Pouladi, Masoud and Azmoun
                Haj and Pouladi are particularly bad since they play on the same side. On that note, I think CQ will sit Haj out in this game, so that if Pouladi does get a second yellow, he can use Haj in LD in the Korea game, which is where he played last time against Korea.

I'm not at all concerned about Azmoun, because Gucci and Karim can more than handle Iraq and Gucci would be my 1st choice to start anyway. But Nekou is of course another concern, simply because so much of our play revolves around him and we definitely need him for the Korea game for his experience against them.

On that note, we might see Rafei get the start against Iraq instead of Nekou. He was doing circles around their midfield last time any way.

Comment

We are going to win this game as well!!

Comment

A victory, (which I expect) would be so sweet, always love beating arab countries who love to make us miserable, although Iraq don't as much as our group opponents.

I bet all 3 of our groupstage opponents first wish was to advance, second wish was for Iran not to advance, now we beat all 3 of them. Burn baby burn

Comment

as KC would say...8 years... we must beat them

Comment

Contrary to what most people have been saying, I think Iraq has a very decent team. Definitely nowhere nearly as strong as their 2007 team but still a respectable team that I would rate better than Bahrain and Qatar, not quite as good as UAE but better than the other two teams we faced.

Unlike Bahrain and Qatar they have at least one player in each area of the pitch that I would rate pretty highly for Asian standards. Overall 4-5 decent players which I know isn't an entire team, but still more of a force than what we have been tested with.

That being said, we still must win this game. If we beat them with our B team our A team should be able to get the job done. I just hope CQ is careful about who he fields, specifically Nekounam who is arguably our most aggressive player on the pitch and one of the most card prone given that. Wouldn't mind seeing ebrahimi being given a shot but I just don't think CQ would be willing to do that.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see Amiri start next game after the way he played vs UAE. He broke down that defense so well I just hope CQ has told him to start shooting the damn ball!
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

The main thread was closed with a very stupid last post so I have to post this here.
                            If people think Iraq is a good team then they must have not watched their group games. They allowed very mediocre teams like jordan and palestine numerous opportunities to score but the mediocrity of those teams did not take advantage. Their defense is amateur with the numerous mistakes they make. They should have lost to Japan by multiple goals as 3 shots hit the post with 2 being unbelievable misses by honda.

If you look at the lineup they played with in the friendly against us it is almost identical to the team they have been fielding thus far where as iran's was primarily reserves or vastly inexperienced players. Even with these facts Iran won and was able to create numerous chances that should have added to the score difference.
                            Also the vast majority of their players play in the iraqi league which I dont think is even a professional league. Their foreign based players play in very low divisions like the 3rd english league and the 4th dutch league. I know iranians europe based players arent playing at amazing levels either but the likes of dejagah, shojaei, teymourian, nekounam, gucci have experience at very high levels.

The most important thing is that this team is in horrible shape in terms of fitness. Their best player younis mahmoud doesnt even have a club. Their coach has criticized his team on this front. The best thing about this is that they will only have 2 days of rest compared to irans 3 before this game.

Overall, this should be an easy victory (by easy I dont mean 4-0) unless Iraq does a magical complete reversal.

Comment

^ true, but Iraq usually raise their level against us. They get extra motivation versus Iran, similar to other arab teams.
                              it'll be a very tight match. I expect another laboured 1-0 for TM.

Comment

we better not fukk this up!

Comment

Working...
                                X