UAE top group after beating Iran - Al Jazeera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UAE top group after beating Iran - Al Jazeera

Substitute Reza Ghoochannejhad scored an injury-time goal to lift Iran to a 1-0 win over UAE and top spot in Group C at the Asian Cup.

Despite a free-flowing game, and a virtuoso performance by UAE playmaker Omar Abdulrahman, neither side could find a breakthrough until Ghoochannejhad's late strike helped Asia's top-ranked team avoid a likely quarterfinal showdown with Japan.

UAE appealed for offside when Ghoochannejhad pounced on a ball that had ricocheted off teammate Andranik Teymourian and directed his header into the top corner from close range. However, television replays indicated the striker had just stayed onside.

Iran will now face the runners-up of Group D, likely to be Iraq or Jordan, in the quarter-final at Canberra on Friday, while the UAE now likely faces Japan in Sydney.

Meanwhile, in Sydney, Sayed Jafaar produced a stunning long-range strike in the 82nd minute to lift Bahrain to a 2-1 victory over Qatar for its first win of the tournament.

http://www.aljazeera.com/sport/footb...459834288.html

Pathetic that this Persian Gulf Qatari-state owned news media made such a blunder.

UAE top group after beating Iran

Look at what I came across)

Have a look at this before they change the title.
    I wonder what they smoke

Comment

Al Derpia

Comment

Bruhh

Comment

probably they uploaded this minute 89 and thought they will win..
          World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
          -

Comment

It's either very stupid or very pathetic of them

Comment

Here's another one straight from the AFC site and the official site for the tournament!!!

Qatar v Bahrain
              Bahrain defeated Qatar 1-0 to earn their first victory of the tournament

http://www.afcasiancup.com/photo-gallery/en/gallery/1ai4hw7b6pwye1qimnp7w9bi6b

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Here's another one straight from the AFC site and the official site for the tournament!!!

Qatar v Bahrain
                Bahrain defeated Qatar 1-0 to earn their first victory of the tournament

http://www.afcasiancup.com/photo-gallery/en/gallery/1ai4hw7b6pwye1qimnp7w9bi6b
                I don't get what is wrong with this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                  That game ended Bahrain 2-1 Qatar

#jesuisghoochi

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                    I believe its only the score they got wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
                      That game ended Bahrain 2-1 Qatar

#jesuisghoochi
                      Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      I believe its only the score they got wrong.
                      Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that, thanks.

Comment

UAE top group after beating Iran - seriously, it's the headline Aljazeera

Substitute Reza Ghoochannejhad scored an injury-time goal to lift Iran to a 1-0 win over UAE and top spot in Group C at the Asian Cup.

Despite a free-flowing game, and a virtuoso performance by UAE playmaker Omar Abdulrahman, neither side could find a breakthrough until Ghoochannejhad's late strike helped Asia's top-ranked team avoid a likely quarterfinal showdown with Japan.

UAE appealed for offside when Ghoochannejhad pounced on a ball that had ricocheted off teammate Andranik Teymourian and directed his header into the top corner from close range. However, television replays indicated the striker had just stayed onside.

Iran will now face the runners-up of Group D, likely to be Iraq or Jordan, in the quarter-final at Canberra on Friday, while the UAE now likely faces Japan in Sydney.

Meanwhile, in Sydney, Sayed Jafaar produced a stunning long-range strike in the 82nd minute to lift Bahrain to a 2-1 victory over Qatar for its first win of the tournament.

Comment

Third thread about it.
                          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Its funny how even when the truth is staring them in the eye, Arabs deny Iran's right to truth and fame!!! Goes to show how blind they are when it comes to the Persian Gulf!! They know its Persian Gulf without a shred of doubt, yet cannot get themselves to accept this truth!! How very sad from such little pathetic people!....

Comment

Guys maybe, just maybe it was a typo in the title. The rest of the article clearly points out Iran won 1-0. Just playing devil's advocate here but it could have been an honest mistake.

Comment

Working...
                              X