Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

group D(analysis and complexity of the group)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

group D(analysis and complexity of the group)

1 Japan 2 2 0 0 5 0 +5 6 Advance to knockout stage
    2 Iraq 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
    3 Jordan 2 1 0 1 5 2 +3 3
    4 Palestine 2 0 0 2 1 9 −8 0

this is the group, if jordan win 2-0, and iraq win 2-0 or more japan is out, but as long as iraq goal difference is more than japan and jordan have to better japan in goal difference,japan is out, how you guys think will happen is hard to tell even though i dont see japan losing and i dont see iraq losing to palestine

Japan just need a draw to confirm top spot, and you would think they have enough quality to do that. They may even rest few players.. I will be surprised if Jordan wins, but stranger things have happened before in football.

Iraq are struggling with goals, especially as Younis Mahmoud (who is without a club for 18 months) is not firing at all. Their main threats are from Yasir Kasim,bright midfielder and Justin Aziz who plays in MLS. They should beat Palestine comfortably..
    I've learnt it's not what you have in your life, but who you have in your life that counts

Comment

Japan's experience will make the difference as did Iran's against UAE today.

Comment

i agree will be a huge surpirse if japan dont get first

Comment

in case of tie breaker it will be based on goal difference

Comment

Jordan only need to beat Japan 1-0 to potentially put them out of the tournament - that would require a 5-1 drubbing of Palestine by Iraq (i.e. the same result Jordan got). That would put Iraq through as group leader and Jordan as the 2nd placed team by virtue of goals scored (tie-breaker between the 3 teams) and head-to-head record (secondary tie-breaker between Jordan and Iraq).

If Jordan beat Japan with a 2 goal margin or more, the goal margin in the Iraq-Palestine game doesn't matter. As long as Iraq win they're through ahead of Japan by virtue of goal difference between the 3 teams' head-to-head record. In this case Jordan will top the group and Iraq will take 2nd place.

Having said that, I don't think Jordan will cause too many problems for Japan - they should comfortably finish with 9 points followed by Iraq with 6 points
            Jordan with 3 and Palestine with 0 - that seems to be the trend in this Asian Cup!

Comment

Hasegawa for TM!!
              HAHAHAH JK JK JK

Comment

As an Iranian, I'm ecstatic with how the KO table is shaping up. As long as Japan is first in group D, we get the easiest opponent in the QFs ie Iraq/Jordan. We also get to avoid Japan/Australia until the final(if we get there)!!

Comment

Japan will win this game. Jordan will need to attack and their defense will be open for Japan's fast clever players. No more speculations is needed.

Comment

Working...
                  X