Carlos and Iran's winning streak against Asians breaks record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran's winning streak is now at 12 against Asian Teams. Nine out of 12 has been with 0 goal conceded! Only the weakest teams of the list have scored against us:

Iran 1 Qatar 0
    Iran 4 Lebanon 0
    Iran 1 S.Korea 0
    Iran 2 Thailand 1
    Iran 3 Thailand 0
    Iran 4 Lebanon 1
    Iran 3 Kuwait 2
    Iran 1 S.Korea 0
    Iran 1 Iraq 0
    Iran 2 Bahrain 0
    Iran 1 Qatar 0
    Iran 1 UAE 0

We will most likely play the next two matches against our two and only two teams we played friendly with in this list.

I don't have the stats but Iranian media claims this record has passed Branko, O'farel, and Mohajerani's records.
    The streak goes back to June of 2013.
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
    Go IRAN!

Yeah but who cares about the scores, post the possession stats and then we'll see CQ has made us the laughing stock of the continent.

Comment

I'm sure you guys remember Iran - Lebanon match that we lost 1-0. We played an attacking football, we had 60% ball possession and we had more than 10 shots on goal but at the end no one remembers that. Everyone remembers that we lost the game to Lebanon.

I don't care about ball possession as long as we get results. We didn't have any ball possession against South Korea in WCQ but we won the game and we qualified to the world cup and that's what matters.

Comment

i am sick and tiread of people saying possesation we can have 40 %, but the key is to score and defend,do you wanna have 85% possesion and lose 2-0 do you?any one?

Comment

Ok possesiion is not the only important aspect of winning a match but it is a fact that teams with more ball possesions

win %80 of the time and we are getting weaker and weaker at holding the ball/correct passes each game

It is a huge problem and will get us in lots of trouble in the Semi finals and finals

Comment

Thankfully, matches aren't won on Ball possession. This isn't Kherseh Vasat. You make the most of your opportunities.
            "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Ball possession is not important when it is done between the last 4 players who are not under pressure. I have to admit though that at times, UAE showed really good passing up front.
              Iran is becoming more and more like Italy of 1980s ad 90's. Relying on defense and team counter attacks.
              .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

I get in but my point is what are we going to do when we play Japan and Australia who have very good ball possesion

skills as well as good finishers huh ???

Then we are gona be in some deep shit

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  I get in but my point is what are we going to do when we play Japan and Australia who have very good ball possesion

Stop Honda and Japan is not better than SK. Is it easy: No. But I bet you SK, Japan, Uzbk, and Australia have as much concern about Iran as we have about them.
                  .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

You maybe right .

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                      Yeah but who cares about the scores, post the possession stats and then we'll see CQ has made us the laughing stock of the continent.
                      laughing stock of the continent?? WTF ? what are you smoking? Im alaph

Also, ITT, no one can spell possession

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post

we'll be fine! I think this TM team has the same mentality as the hawks! They don't give up!

Comment

Originally posted by alaph View Post
                          laughing stock of the continent?? WTF ? what are you smoking? Im alaph

Also, ITT, no one can spell possession
                          He's being sarcastic lol.

Comment

i am sure CQ has iraq and jordan analyse well, we go to canbera ealier, i hope we meet iraq, but jordan is ok also,i dont think we will meet japan

Comment

Originally posted by khodam View Post
                              Stop Honda and Japan is not better than SK. Is it easy: No. But I bet you SK, Japan, Uzbk, and Australia have as much concern about Iran as we have about them.
                              They are probably thinking how to penetrate this Iranian defence even if they have a lot of possession and even when they do on the rare occasion, how to get it past Haghighi

Comment

Working...
                              X