Is this the best Asian Cup ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After wachting few matches this Asian Cup, i must say this is definately the best AC ive seen so far (my 1st AC being Lebanon 2000). The stadiums look very good, the pitches and organization seems perfect and the attendance is also very good for Asian standars. Only China 2004 comes close to this one, Lebanon 2000, SouthEast Asia 2007 and Qatar 2011 were really shit compared to this time. If you see the modern stadiums and pitches, it really looks like a WC or EC. I think and hope Australia gets the chance to host a WC in the next 20 years, maybe together with New Zealand.

Agree! Australia did a hell of a job, everything looks awesome and professional!! Don't even think about giving credit to AFC, we saw what a shit show they did in qatar (puke). This is on level with World Cup.

Comment

Overall quality of play and infrastructure, Japan in 1992 wins it hands down.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I will take KC word for that actually. I wasn't old enough to watch those asian cup but i do know that South Korea and Japan have some of the best infrastructure in Asia.

Btw guys hating on weak teams saying they don't deserve to be in the aSian cup. You guys do know that you sound like almost everyone in the world that wasn't iranian after the Nigeria - Iran game.

If you qualify you deserve to be there

Comment

Is this the best asian cup ever? It sure will be if we win it all.

Comment

Australia was eliminated at the first ballot for the 2022 rights. FIFA is really corrupt.

Comment

Australians can take plenty of credit. They know how to organise sporting events. Afarin!

Comment

Australia in AFC was the best thing happening to the federation they really both lifted competition as well as standards also in e.g. Asian Champions League

Comment

To find out whether or not this is THE best Asian cup or not it would depend on a number of factors, such as if Iran wins it or not.
                  You just got Caged
                  K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

best that I've seen..!!
                    only wished the quality of the action on the pitch matched the organization and the atmosphere so far..!

Comment

While most of us remember the pathetic attempt of qatar in staging the AC in 2011, probably not many of us remember them doing so in 1988. Much like 2011, the stadiums were empty even though in each game they had cars parked in the stadium around the field and would give one away randomly to a spectator.
                      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post

Btw guys hating on weak teams saying they don't deserve to be in the aSian cup. You guys do know that you sound like almost everyone in the world that wasn't iranian after the Nigeria - Iran game.

If you qualify you deserve to be there
                        This

Comment

Australia will never get a WC, because of the time difference with the rest of the world.

Comment

So far for Iran it is. Not sure if you guys know but games are broadcasted by paid TV Foxtel in Australia. After the firs game in group games were done all of the pundits on the shows including Pim Verbeek said Iran has been the best team so far,
                            Team faghat PERSPOLIS

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                              Australia will never get a WC, because of the time difference with the rest of the world.
                              In 2002 Japan and South Korea had the WC and they had the same time as Australia, so time is not the problem, corrupting FIFA is the problem. If you give FIFA a huge amount of cash you can have the WC.

Comment

Working...
                              X