Asian Cup broadcasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asian Cup broadcasting

Does everyone already know how to watch Iran's games?

I am currently not sure how to follow them and it seems some illegal streams once more will be the only option at least for some games.

Here in Europe, Eurosport has the tv rights, but with their usual anti-Iranian attitude, they only show one of our group matches, probably on Eurosport 2.

I have my doubts about JJTV, they are under immense pressure of the amateur World Sports Group, who own all the rights thanks to some fishy deals with Bin Hammam but don't seem to be able to make the games legally available outside Asia where we can't have Al Jazeera Sports. Is there any confirmation of JJTV showing the matches live?

Else, I couldn't find any website offering subscription for the matches, not AFC nor a betting site. Only thing is Eurosport player, but I won't spend any money on that as they are ignoring Team Melli.

So, any suggestions or other people with problems from other areas on this planet ?

I have been looking around for broadcasting as well without any succes.

My best bet would be to subscribe for Bein Sports TV, they have all rights for the Asian Cup. It's risky tough, since it's GeoBlocked and you will need to a tool to cross the restriction. Fox Sports Australia also has live streaming with subscription, but I don't know if they are available for European members. A big maybe would be the YouTube channel ''AFC Asian Cup'', there is a chance they will stream the games live.

Just don't count on IRIB. I don't how people can possibly bear watching football games on IRIB. Horrible quality, and the volume of the stadium is almost entirely cut. I noticed a world of difference when I watched Iran - Korea friendly at a Korean channel NBC. Seeing Azadi in HD was like a new world for me.

Here is NBC broadcasting the 1st half in HD at Azadi, but still 4:3 though. Skip to 11:40 for the game to begin.

Comment

Asian Cup broadcasting

BeIN sports are quite decent, but I think there some Arab channels (Dubai Sports, Abu Dhabi) to broadcast the games I think

However I thought thought Footballitarin YouTube streams were quite decent and the safest way to watch football on the Internet
      Last edited by 04041374; 12-28-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

People in the US can get the One World Sports channel that has bought the North America rights through Dishworld. It's pretty cheap and seems reliable.

Comment

What will be the broadcast in Europe (Eurosport, BeIN Sports, else...?)

Comment

Azadi in HD actually looks quite good

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
              Azadi in HD actually looks quite good
              Certainly it does.

The real problem is this. I.R / IRIB is capable of showing football in true HD quality, they just don't want to. Any other country who plays their away games has HD broadcasting in Azadi, this is no coincidence.

IRIB will probably start broadcasting HD in 2053 when even Afghanistan has converted to 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                Certainly it does.

The real problem is this. I.R / IRIB is capable of showing football in true HD quality, they just don't want to. Any other country who plays their away games has HD broadcasting in Azadi, this is no coincidence.

IRIB will probably start broadcasting HD in 2053 when even Afghanistan has converted to 4K.
                Yea i know for a fact that there is HD cameras in Azadi and some other stadiums but the problem is the channels themselves are not capable of showing HD quality, Varzesh which was supposed to be a HD channel showed one HD game between Rah Ahan and Naft i believe? And that was that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  I have been looking around for broadcasting as well without any succes.
                  My best bet would be to subscribe for Bein Sports TV, they have all rights for the Asian Cup. It's risky tough, since it's GeoBlocked and you will need to a tool to cross the restriction. Fox Sports Australia also has live streaming with subscription, but I don't know if they are available for European members. A big maybe would be the YouTube channel ''AFC Asian Cup'', there is a chance they will stream the games live.
                  Just don't count on IRIB. I don't how people can possibly bear watching football games on IRIB. Horrible quality, and the volume of the stadium is almost entirely cut. I noticed a world of difference when I watched Iran - Korea friendly at a Korean channel NBC. Seeing Azadi in HD was like a new world for me.
                  Here is NBC broadcasting the 1st half in HD at Azadi, but still 4:3 though. Skip to 11:40 for the game to begin.

I mentioned this in another thread as well but the footage from Azadi is not TRUE HD. It is a SD signal which has been UPCONVRTED to HD. There are no HD cameras that have a 4:3 ratio.

Azadi stadium has no HD cameras at the moment.

Comment

List of confirmed broadcasting right holders for 2015 AFC Asian Cup.

Arab League beIN Sports
                    Asia-Pacific Fox International Channels
                    Australia Fox Sports, ABC
                    Brazil SporTV
                    China CCTV
                    Europe Eurosport
                    Hong Kong Now TV
                    Indonesia RCTI
                    Iran IRIB
                    Japan NHK, TV Asahi
                    Malaysia Media Prima
                    New Zealand Sky Sport
                    North America ONE World Sports
                    South Africa SABC
                    South Korea SBS, MBC
                    Thailand Channel 7
                    Philippines ABS-CBN
                    Uzbekistan SPORT-UZ

Comment

I have just thought of a genius idea in which all TM fans can watch ALL the games of the 2015 Asian CUP in HD quality and for FREE!

Here is what you do. You first get a VPN and change to Australian proxy. Then, you google Foxtel Play and enter the website. There they have an online subscription based TV which has fox sports (rights to every AC game) as part of its package. They currently have a 14 day free trial of the subscription based TV. Since the duration of the AC 2015 is 11 days, you can watch all AC games you want live and in HD and simply cancel your free trial when the tournament is over.

If this clever idea doesn't get me member of the month, I don't know what will.

Comment

I bought a Roku because my buddy said it would be great to watch Asia Cup. I have tried to fiddle with it and find a way to get a sport channel that will show the frickin game....but so far nothing.

Either I am a moron that doesn't know anything, or my friend is a liar and the Roku is the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                          I have just thought of a genius idea in which all TM fans can watch ALL the games of the 2015 Asian CUP in HD quality and for FREE!

Here is what you do. You first get a VPN and change to Australian proxy. Then, you google Foxtel Play and enter the website. There they have an online subscription based TV which has fox sports (rights to every AC game) as part of its package. They currently have a 14 day free trial of the subscription based TV. Since the duration of the AC 2015 is 11 days, you can watch all AC games you want live and in HD and simply cancel your free trial when the tournament is over.

If this clever idea doesn't get me member of the month, I don't know what will.
                          That could work but don't they need to provide credit card details?

Also.....The Asia Cup goes for 22 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post
                            I bought a Roku because my buddy said it would be great to watch Asia Cup. I have tried to fiddle with it and find a way to get a sport channel that will show the frickin game....but so far nothing.

Either I am a moron that doesn't know anything, or my friend is a liar and the Roku is the worst.

Your friend is out to lunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ando Teymourian View Post

Roku did broadcast the pregame stuff like the players warming up on the field at the WC. Go to the Channel store under menu to see if you can find anything that may broadcast the games.

Comment

Working...
                              X