Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sosha Makani, prime example of how Connections replace Talent in Iranian football.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One bad Half season and this is what Sosha gets.... when people say Iranian fans are something else, the perfect is example is right here.

We forgot his great seasons in Naft? His great season in Foolad? 6 or 7 bad games means he is in football because of connections?

Makani + Rahmati + Beiranvand + Ahmadi have been the absolute best goalies in the league for the last 3-4 seasons (not including this season).

Let me tell you that I have seen both Sosha and Rahmati play in person, more than once (along with a couple other goalies), and Sosha was the one that impressed me most. Did you even see him play in Naft or Foolad more than once?

People are posting less and less on this site and its because they dont have the energy to argue against every single silly thing said by most members. Lots of people here have literally drained the energy of anyone who follows Iran's football.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
      Anyone with half a football brain can see that Nielson is a far better goalkeeper than S. Makani. How Sosha Makani was signed by perspolis who has tons of needs in almost every area of the pitch is beyond me. Neilson had done a decent job the last 2 seasons for perspolis and was more than equipped to defend the Tehran Giants goalkeepr. The money spent on S. Makani could have easily been spent on players in the midfield and defense where PP has tons and tons of shortcomings.
      Why was Sosha Makani signed anyways?
      Now, H. Derakhsan says Neilson is being moved so that room could be made for another foreign based player. Does not common sense tell you that with as AWFUL of a season as Makani is haveing, he should be sent off? Does pp really plan to go to the Asian cups with an unreliable, fundementely poor GK as S. Makani?
      Can you say Dalals and PARTY BAZI?
      Makani was instrumental in replacement of Daie(in the first 7 games of season).... He did was he was suppose to do, and now Derakhshan and his gang have to live by their promise.. Nilson did not sell out so he is being kicked out ! end of story!

Comment

sasha has great physique but is never focused and makes too many childish mistakes, therefore, he is NOT team Melli material. end of story. and he destroyed PP. I saw much more of a keeper in Nilson than him.
        __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
        We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
          I'm sorry, but what?!?

That's like saying Real Madrid introduced Cristiano Ronaldo.

Which players from the 98 team started their football at Perspolis?

Which players were ever introduced by Perspolis in recent years? Has Perspolis even had a youth team in the past 20 years?
          It's true but it's also wrong to just look at the first club a player played for and give all the credit to them. For example in the Cristiano Ronaldo example, his first professional club was Sporing Lisbon. But Manchester United is where he really grew and developed to become the player he is today.

Perspolis has taken a lot of young players and helped them develop their game and gain experience (maybe not in recent years). You can't dismiss that just because they started somewhere else.

Think about it. Should Perspolis take all the credit for Hadi Aghili?

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
            It's true but it's also wrong to just look at the first club a player played for and give all the credit to them. For example in the Cristiano Ronaldo example, his first professional club was Sporing Lisbon. But Manchester United is where he really grew and developed to become the player he is today.

Perspolis has taken a lot of young players and helped them develop their game and gain experience
            (maybe not in recent years). You can't dismiss that just because they started somewhere else.

Think about it. Should Perspolis take all the credit for Hadi Aghili?
            Has ruined a lot more than they developed.

Comment

Originally posted by kia View Post
              Has ruined a lot more than they developed.
              Again, this is recent years.

wait. why am I defending Perspolis? Ghermez Agha and other longis please take over.

Comment

Babak jaan, two things to explain though I don't defend any decision:

When Sosha signed, Nilson was not in Iran and he had not agreed to resign with Perspolis yet. His agent was busy with usual "bazar garmi". Perspolis had no back up keeper either and Daei decided to sign Sosha after negotiations failed with Forouzan. So the reason to sign Sosha was that.

Despite couple of errors, Sosha played major role in Foulad's success last year and had a great season with Foulad. He was very popular among Foulad fans in Ahvaz.

Also, Sosha was able to get Perspolis through two rounds of Hazfi cup with his saves in Penalty kicks. In one of them, several of Perspolis PK's were wasted only to be saved by Sosha's saves against the opponent.

As for releasing Nilson, here is Derakhshan's reason:

Perspolis needs players in different spots than "two goal keepers". Perhaps if it wasn't for foreign players spot, choosing between the two Sosha could have been released instead. He needs players in different spots and seems like he can't get them from other IPL teams as the good ones are taken for the rest of the season. He has released Nilson to get empty spot for restricted 3+1 foreign players they can sign.

They now have two, Omania and Junior. Junior just signed. He is a forward.

They are bringing another Brazilian as a midfielder.

In Derakhshan's eyes, both Sosha and Nilson made critical mistakes in recent games that cost Perspolis 3 points in each of them. Also having both was hurting both mentally (according to keepers and coaches). One had to go, and since he needed foreign players, he released Nilson.

Nilson has one major problem in international level and that is his size. In IPL though it don't matter as the quality is low.

As for foreign players signed, we will see if this is pure "dallal bazi" or not, once we see the newly foreign players play. I have my doubts since Derakhshan once was also suspended few years ago for accepting money for player transfer.

We have to wait and see.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.
                Go IRAN!

Comment

^ thanks for the post and if Derakhshan did what you mentioned he can go to hell. PP is not a place for him. 90 program should bring him on and ask him and if it is true then he can go to Qatar and work there.

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                    Nilson is 39.
                    Makani is 28.
                    You have also look to the future when making these decisions.
                    In iranian football you don't look at the future as every player signs a 1 year contract, so with the right money you can pretty much sign anyone!
                    Last edited by Mr Pouya; 12-28-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I find it disgusting that all our clubs claim financial problems and then spend money on 4th rate foreigners who won't even play 2 minutes.
                      Derakhshan is the same guy that got caught using overage players in the youth national team years ago. He was doing it so blatantly that the youth team was suspended for a few years.

Comment

Working...
                      X