Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
    BTW, Masoud's dribbling abilities is overrated IMO too, he is very good at dribbling, but he rarely gets anywhere with it, kind of reminds me of these kids everyone play with who act like Ronaldo and only dribble but fail to actually contribute in a positive way.
    An example of Masoud actually getting somewhere with his dribbles is what he did vs Argentina, most of the time nowadays he just loses the ball.
    Now note that I am someone who thinks that he should be benched, not cut out entirely.
    Because the point in dribbling, contrary to many fans, who apparently just like to see a guy do a trick with a round ball, is beyond all that. Its purpose is to pass and get away from your marker and advance, or to gain some space to pass or shoot.
    For that, the dribble is only the first PART. The second part is to have the legs to get away and move into a free space once you have done your trick.
    Shonaei doesn't have the legs. His dribbles are usually slow and that's why even if he does the trick with the ball, the marker catches up to him easily and puts him under pressure and most often, win back the ball.

Directionless, slow and often ill-timed dribbles are the standard tricks of shojaei. How fans see that as an asset or a positive is beyond logic

Comment

OK so this thread leads down to one question, and one conclusion. Why has every TM coach since 2006 started Masoud, if he sucks so badly? There must be a reason. Someone far more qualified than anyone on PFDC has decided that Masoud should start, and so he does.

Does it ever cross your mind that you're nothing more than a fan? That you actually don't know anything about football?

Comment

Re: Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        1- yes. You nailed it. I say all that because I am ''biased'' and my bias is due to some cooked up, imaginary matter. Certainly not based on 3+ years of miserable performances!!!!
        Coz he's been tearing stuff up game after game, scoring bundles of goals, truckload of assists, magnificent covers and tackles all around, ... , you know. A regular ozil!

2- So some reporter wrote a piece on Khalatbari and now suddenly that has become a ''go to fact'' with regards to him!!
        Ok buddy. Nailed it!!!
        Lol, you just made my point.

Are these things you say facts? No

Are they your opinion? Yes

Does your opinion have bias? Yes

Why?

As already mentioned, surely if Shojaie has been as bad as your "expert" opinion thinks, a manager like CQ wouldn't have kept him around. And in fact he still may cut him as rosters haven't been announced. But there is no doubt that you look at Shojaie with a microscope and don't do so with other players. Hmm, I wonder what that is called?
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Re: Does Shojaei belong to TM, and why?

Originally posted by ramingeles2000 View Post
          OK so this thread leads down to one question, and one conclusion. Why has every TM coach since 2006 started Masoud, if he sucks so badly? There must be a reason. Someone far more qualified than anyone on PFDC has decided that Masoud should start, and so he does.

Does it ever cross your mind that you're nothing more than a fan? That you actually don't know anything about football?
          No dude, don't you get it? The fact is, we don't get it.

Now do you get it?

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
            this was posted in the Counter Attack thread, but it's worth watching it here.

you can see the number of times Shojaei was involved in the counter attacks, especially the one where Dejagah was fouled in the penalty box

I dont think people are understanding that such a position has a much higher rate of pass failure as your job is literally to pull something out of your behind. He did very well against argentina.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
              i am one of the 7.
              yeah i agree his time has passed but we simply dont have anyone else. before you say we have soroush, payam and them, they are good and young yes but they dont have the experience. thing is CQ trusts shojaie for whatever reason it might be and he somewhat fits the system at times.

Which brings up another issue. What is the best time for transition between generations? When should we try to slowly replace the older, underperforming players like shojaei with younger talents?

During the WCQ's, especially in the final round, it didn't make that much sense. especially when we fumbled through the first 4-5 games that made the final 3 absolute must wins.

We also didn't do it in the previous round of WCQ's.

It is never sensible to do it during the WC too. Same thing for the actual Asia cup.

But given the Asia cup qualifiers group, it provided our best moment to phase out low performing players like shojaei. So we don't come to the actual games and then say ''oh, x is indispensable because his alternatives are lacking experience''!

CQ should have integrated players for certain spots (especially shojaei's since he was not delivering for a long time) during Asia cup qualifiers and the few precious friendlies we got. Not waste those rare and precious minutes on a washed out, slow, aging player with pitiful output.

Comment

Originally posted by rugs View Post
                Lol, you just made my point.
                Are these things you say facts? No
                Are they your opinion? Yes
                Does your opinion have bias? Yes
                Why?
                As already mentioned, surely if Shojaie has been as bad as your "expert" opinion thinks, a manager like CQ wouldn't have kept him around. And in fact he still may cut him as rosters haven't been announced. But there is no doubt that you look at Shojaie with a microscope and don't do so with other players. Hmm, I wonder what that is called?
                Actually contrary to what you say, what I bring up are real world examples of his mis-steps, moss-passes, failed dribbles, losses of balls and turnovers, his characteristics, his performances, ... etc. My opinion is based on his actual performances.
                But it is YOU who basically don't say a single thing, except rely on the usual ''trust in x'' (children of velayate faghih seem properly trained) as of you are totally incapable of thinking and observing for yourself and need someone else to tell you what you ought to believe!

And i can't really blame his supporters for failing to come up with examples of his brilliance. Simply because if you gathered all his positive acts IN THE PAST 3+ YEARS, you may come up with only a handful of instances. A goal versus shitty Lebanon, some 4/5 nice passes and maybe a couple of assists ...... in , and I repeat, THE LAST 3+ YEARS!!!!!!

had we played just about ANY midfielder from IPL's bottom ranked teams, he's also have such lowly stats in 3 years.

Comment

Actually contrary to what you say, what I bring up are real world examples of his mis-steps, moss-passes, failed dribbles, losses of balls and turnovers, his characteristics, his performances, ... etc. My opinion is based on his actual performances.

But it is YOU who basically don't say a single thing, except rely on the usual ''trust in x'' (children of velayate faghih seem properly trained) as of you are totally incapable of thinking and observing for yourself and need someone else to tell you what you ought to believe!

And o can't really blame his supporters for failing to come up with examples of his brilliance. Simply because if you gathered all his positive acts IN THE PAST 3+ YEARS, you may come up with only a handful of instances. A goal versus shitty Lebanon, some 4/5 nice passes and maybe a couple of assists ...... in , and I repeat, THE LAST 3+ YEARS!!!!!!

had we played just ANY midfielder from IPL, he's also have such lowly stats in 3 years.
                  Lol @ categorizing anyone who respects CQ's judgment as "children of velayat-eh faqih". Ironically, it's YOUR type of "know it all" attitude that made Iranians in 1979 think they knew what was best for the country over the Shah.

Do you not realize that your deeply-held bias against CQ and other TM coaches, your penchant for thinking you know best/over-confidence in your football analysis, and pro-PGL bias distort everything you say? You're very predictable, which is why you get so much pushback.

What are your football qualifications? I'm actually curious. I'm not saying you need football qualifications to assess TM performance, but I'm wondering where this confidence comes from.

Comment

^ that VF is between me and him. There's history there. No need for you to butt on.

There is a saying in English that goes something like: get enough monkeys on typewriters and after a certain time, you will get a Shakespeare sonnet out of one.

The amount of chances given to him, for such a miserable output, i'd say had we brought in an azadegan mid, he wouldn't have done that badly either. Let alone the tragic fact that we could have groomed at least TWO talented youngsters for the spot in this period!

Comment

There is a saying in English that goes something like: get enough monkeys on typewriters and after a certain time, you will get a Shakespeare sonnet put of one.

The amount of chances given to him, for such a miserable output, i'd say had we brought in an azadegan mid, he wouldn't have done that badly either. Let alone the tragic fact that we could have groomed at least TWO talented youngsters for the spot in this period!
                      You are making the shojaei alternatives sound like all-stars. yet who could replace him? our domestic CAMs are overhyped, aren't 90-minute players, and honestly aren't that talented. So why would CQ switch out someone with Shojaei's experience (2 asian cups, 2 world cups) for someone who's marginally better (maybe)?

And as long as your polluting the boards publicly, I will butt in any time I feel like it. If you want to share inside jokes, use the PM.

Comment

The main attraction of the game of football is that it is rather a simple game and easily understood and figured. Don't make it into rocket science that one needs a masters degree to UNDERSTAND what's going on on the pitch

Comment

And i can't really blame his supporters for failing to come up with examples of his brilliance. Simply because if you gathered all his positive acts IN THE PAST 3+ YEARS, you may come up with only a handful of instances. A goal versus shitty Lebanon, some 4/5 nice passes and maybe a couple of assists ...... in , and I repeat, THE LAST 3+ YEARS!!!!!!
                          had we played just about ANY midfielder from IPL's bottom ranked teams, he's also have such lowly stats in 3 years.
                          Lol, really? Is that where you're going? I believe that is called "grasping at straws" (?)

Ok, I may have been wrong. You may not have a bias, you just might not understand football and have the audacity to be blind to that fact.

Video was already posted of his performance against Argentina. He created one of our best chances. In a WC where our team had less than 10 total chances, I think that is a good stat.

Comment

You are making the shojaei alternatives sound like all-stars. yet who could replace him? our domestic CAMs are overhyped, aren't 90-minute players, and honestly aren't that talented. So why would CQ switch out someone with Shojaei's experience (2 asian cups, 2 world cups) for someone who's marginally better (maybe)?
                            Its alright, we all saw how he complained for ages that nekounam was shit and that omid ebrahimi the "boss" was our savior. Remember everyone? Lets see how that turned out, Nekounam reaffirmed why he is captain again and again, despite some understandably below nekounam performances here and there. This boss was given chances to play by CQ and failed to make any real impact. Now that everyone has forgotten about that, there is a new saviour somewhere in the joke league IPL. There are very creative players in the IPL but the fitness and tests against good defenders just dont exist. Just look at how a third rate brazillian player makes jokes out of IPL defenses.. I agree that shojaei may stumble and that he isnt what he used to be, I also agree that he might not be starting material anymore. But the level our football expert here takes his personal opinions too... you would think he is SAF. A player who was successful to say the least against argentina couldnt be worse than an azadegan league player according to this guy. Im not even sure why some of you bother entering this quarell?
                            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

^ that VF is between me and him.
                              No esse, that's between you and you. Don't drag me into your VF fetish.

Comment

Lol @ categorizing anyone who respects CQ's judgment as "children of velayat-eh faqih". Ironically, it's YOUR type of "know it all" attitude that made Iranians in 1979 think they knew what was best for the country over the Shah.
                                Do you not realize that your deeply-held bias against CQ and other TM coaches, your penchant for thinking you know best/over-confidence in your football analysis, and pro-PGL bias distort everything you say? You're very predictable, which is why you get so much pushback.
                                What are your football qualifications? I'm actually curious. I'm not saying you need football qualifications to assess TM performance, but I'm wondering where this confidence comes from.
                                What's funny is that most of us believe Massoud's time is coming to an end and that he could possibly be better as a sub.

But I guess if we don't jump up and down screaming about how much we hate him (and think independently of CQ ), we are showing that we just don't understand.

Comment

Working...
                                X