Edinho to become an Iranian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
    Aha it's In our DNA that IRANIANS are racists??
    I think there are just a few Users here dont want a Brasilian in our national team.
    Most of us have no Problem with it. And in germany there are so much people tolerate every imigrants and there are not so much racists when you compare it to France.

I think that Edinho have Quality, last year he could perform well for MES KERMAN, a team which couldn't manage to win a single game in the League, and it was not his fault.
    Now he is doing a great job for Tractor and I rate him better than Sharifi. WHEN you only look at the performance. I know that he is 32 and when he would be 10 years later it would be so much better for us.
    But he is performing well, better than Ansarifard last year. He loves Iran and he is living their, most of us don't. In the moment he is the best Striker in our league and it would be normal to Invite him for Asian Cup, when he get his citizen.
    I know my statement is a generalization, but really, anyone on these boards, please tell me if you'd let your daughter or sister date a black person. If everyone can tell me this, then I will shut up. I know that people are saying, "why am I a racist that I don't see this happening?" Because your attitude is a throwback. Our modern generation should not care about things like where a person is from. If they can help us, then we should not care. 99% of the Iranians I have met in my life say "I'm not racist, but..." Iranians are very racist. I have 20 quotes I can pull of members saying "damn Arabs" and "I don't see a black player in TM UNLESS he is born in Iran, can speak Farsi, and has an Iranian father and mother."

Honestly, if the next Didier Drogba came to Iran tomorrow asking to join TM, I would fight anyone trying to keep him out.

I know many would be saying, "He just wants to go to WC! He doesn't care about Iran!!" And then everyone does a complete 180 when he scores 50 goals. Iranian fans are a fickle bunch, but don't lie to yourself that every change in TM isn't met with a "WTF, why is the coach doing this?"

Comment

Originally posted by oftadeh View Post
      It is unbelievable! Here we have a bunch of truly ignorant morons on this board who are themselves prepared to take the citizenship of other countries - especially those with so much blood on their hands for the atrocities they have inflicted on this world for decades - yet they dare to criticise someone who perhaps, if they paused for one second to focus their tiny little mind to think, might be possibly doing this for the love of the country they live in. The way some people on this board talk, it seems they oppose any inter-racial marriages, children etc, because by some fantasy they think their blood is so pure and they were never affected by 200 years of occupation by Arabs, etc. Wake up!
      So you are ok with players wearing qatari jerseys?
      The objection isn't to him obtaining fake citizenship based on what his paperwork would say but rather him actually representing Iran as an Iranian. A girl marrying my son will never be a nasabi family member but always a sababi one. It would raise eyebrows if saw she were ever asked to represent our family in an event that discusses my family tree.

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      I for one will celebrate the day that Iran opens up and has a black player on the team. It would show that Iran has entered the modern world.
      You really need to look deeper into the history of TM and what players have represented it in the past because if you did you would already be celebrating. It seems like it's not Iran but you who needs to enter the modern era at least in terms of knowledge of TM's history.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        So you are ok with players wearing qatari jerseys?
        The objection isn't to him obtaining fake citizenship based on what his paperwork would say but rather him actually representing Iran as an Iranian.

You really need to look deeper into the history of TM and what players have represented it in the past because if you did you would already be celebrating. It seems like it's not Iran but you who needs to enter the modern era at least in terms of knowledge of TM's history.
        Are we talking the 60's and 70's? Yeah, perfect reflection of modern Iran, KC. Yeah, Iran had women without roo-saree back then too. So Iran is the bane of women's rights too.

Comment

Are we talking the 60's and 70's? Yeah, perfect reflection of modern Iran, KC. Yeah, Iran had women without roo-saree back then too. So Iran is the bane of women's rights too.
          Try 1989 off the top of my head.
          Welcome to the modern era in terms of knowledge of TM's history.
          Edit: It was actually 1990.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Some of you are reading between the lines and taking it out of proportion. Nowhere did it say Edinho is seeking to play for Iran's national team. Whether you believe it or not, there are foreigners out there who have grown to adopt and love Iran. For example, Leila Rajabi, a naturalized citizen of Iran originally from Belarus who participated in the Asian Games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkie View Post
              Some of you are reading between the lines and taking it out of proportion. Nowhere did it say Edinho is seeking to play for Iran's national team. Whether you believe it or not, there are foreigners out there who have grown to adopt and love Iran. For example, Leila Rajabi, a naturalized citizen of Iran originally from Belarus who participated in the Asian Games.
              1ُ-She is wife of Peyman Rajabi Famous athletic TM runner from Bushehr. She became citizen after she married Peyman and changer her name from Tatisyana to Leila.
              2- Edinho has expressed willingness to change citizenship "if" he is considered for TM. He said that while he was playing for Mes and recently repeated his willingness.
              Same idea was expressed by Luciano while at Foulad.

It's good they want Iranian citizenship but it's a tainted motive if it's to play for NT. I don't like him to be considered not just because of his age.

(

Comment

Originally posted by clipsport View Post
                It's one thing bringing 2nd rate Iranians from 2nd rate leagues, it's a whole different thing bringing in 2nd rate Brazilians to TM. It's IRAN national team. IRAN.
                If a Brazilian player plays in ipl, be sure he is a 5th rated brazilian. The first and second rated Braziliaans naturally play in europe, where the 2nd rate players play in Europe's lesser leagues like Greece, Cyprus and such, the third rate players prefer Qatar, China etc because of money. Which leaves the rest of the options, now since in other leagues like Thailand ao there is some social freedom where players can have a beer at a club, the 4th rated players will prefer these countries above ipl. Which leaves the 5th rated Braziliaans for us. We can easily say these are borderline amateurs. I rather give a young player the chance fe Azmoun, Sharifi alongside Gucci and Ansarifard than a 32 year old 5th rated player.

Comment

Originally posted by sirvan View Post
                  If a Brazilian player plays in ipl, be sure he is a 5th rated brazilian. The first and second rated Braziliaans naturally play in europe, where the 2nd rate players play in Europe's lesser leagues like Greece, Cyprus and such, the third rate players prefer Qatar, China etc because of money. Which leaves the rest of the options, now since in other leagues like Thailand ao there is some social freedom where players can have a beer at a club, the 4th rated players will prefer these countries above ipl. Which leaves the 5th rated Braziliaans for us. We can easily say these are borderline amateurs. I rather give a young player the chance fe Azmoun, Sharifi alongside Gucci and Ansarifard than a 32 year old 5th rated player.
                  So you dont know anything about the player, only that he is a brazillian playing in Iran and with your (useless) logics you think that he is a "5th" rated player??
                  NOW he is the best striker of the league. He used to play 2 seasons for Gil Vicente, so he have European experience and as long as he is the best striker in IPL why shouldn't CQ invite him? CQ said that he invites every good player, the age is no problem. As long as Edinho is good he can play for TM, like every other Iranian.
                  sigpic

Comment

i really dont believe this is about racism for example if messi wanted to play for team melli i am sure everyone would roll out the red carpet but because it is edinho people are saying no thank you.

Comment

I for one will celebrate the day that Iran opens up and has a black player on the team. It would show that Iran has entered the modern world.
                      uh.....didn't we like a couple of black players in TM like 40 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                        uh.....didn't we like a couple of black players in TM like 40 years ago?
                        Even 20 years ago.

Comment

Remember when I called most Iranians xenophobic racists a few days ago and it caused an uproar. I've seen it here on these boards time and time again, yet people can't comprehend it.

Iranians are racists, deal with it. It is in our DNA. We never allowed outsiders into Iran.
                          That's true. That also applies to IR rules too. My sister got married to a non-iranian and he will never be eligible to apply for a citizenship. On the other hand my wife would be able to get her Iranian passport in 2 weeks. If I were to apply for a passport for her, she has to pick an Iranian name for her passport but in US and other countries you can choose whatever name we want to.

Comment

Originally posted by hzv View Post
                            i really dont believe this is about racism for example if messi wanted to play for team melli i am sure everyone would roll out the red carpet but because it is edinho people are saying no thank you.
                            Even if Johan Cruijff or Maradona on their best would want to play for the Iranian NT, I would still say no, let alone Edinho and such!

For me this has nothing to do with racism! I just firmly believe that a National Team should be only for players from that country (bloodline).
                            Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                              Even if Johan Cruijff or Maradona on their best would want to play for the Iranian NT, I would still say no, let alone Edinho and such!

For me this has nothing to do with racism! I just firmly believe that a National Team should be only for players from that country (bloodline).
                              for yourself maybe and i feel the same as you but many iranians who oppose edinho playing for national team would roll out the red carpet if it was a messi who wanted to join.

Comment

I dont agree sorry. Only those that have Iranian blood should play for TM... I dont give 2shits about this citizenship crap. The only people we should be giving Iranian citizenship to are the unfortunate Afghans who have been living in Iran for 20 years and those that are BORN in Iran.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X