No announcement yet.

Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are we seriously now criticizing CQ preparation plan? really?????

We were 1 minute away from tying Argentina in a "home game" for Argentina. How come none of you that are critical today said anything critical about CQ after the Argentina game?
    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
      I really can't complain at CQ too much. Would you rather we return to the TM A vs. TM B friendlies we had under Daei and Ghotbi? Many are making it seem as if great talented teams were tripping over themselves to play us in the past. From 1998 to 2006, we got decent (still not great) friendlies based solely on the fact that our greatest players of all time were together on one team. Teams wanted to play us.
      Since then, we have been playing, at best, teams like Iceland and Armenia, and even those were rare. Don't blame it on CQ. Benfica's B is better than no friendly. At the moment, nobody wants to play us. Don't pin it solely on one person. In general, our football has been in a down period for many years, and teams can see that. We were okay in Brazil, but most teams saw that we play a very Asian game. Unless they are preparing to play an Asian team competitively, don't wait for them to come asking Iran to play a friendly.
      If we have one or two stars emerge in Europe (*cough Azmoun and Jahanbakhsh *cough), mark my words, we will be playing friendlies against better teams more frequently.
      So nobody wants to play us but Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru desperately want to play teams like Iraq, Oman, China?

The "nobody wants to play us" is classed as an individual assumption in my book, it's an opinion, not a fact. I would say the reason we don't play decent teams is either IFF or CQ's well known philosophy of friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
        So nobody wants to play us but Paraguay, Uruguay, Peru desperately want to play teams like Iraq, Oman, China?

The "nobody wants to play us" is classed as an individual assumption in my book, it's an opinion, not a fact. I would say the reason we don't play decent teams is either IFF or CQ's well known philosophy of friendlies.
        Even during the World Cup though, most commentators agreed that Iran was a team that most in the world did not want to play against in friendlies. They didn't give any specific reason other than "the effects of sanctions" but it is not just me making an assumption.

Iraq, Oman, and China are not international pariah's at the moment. Hopefully things will change soon, but as of now, we have neither the money, nor have we received the interest to play Paraguay, Uruguay, or Peru in friendlies.

Oman and China are easy to explain because they have the $ to pay these teams. Iraq for some reason has been surprisingly garnering many decent friendlies recently, and I attribute that to the Western influence in their nation at the moment. Outside donors are probably supporting this to help rebuild their nation.

We on the other hand have nothing to offer. Yes, the money is probably going into some akhund's pocket, but nonetheless, there is no money. This is not CQ or IFF's fault. I don't see Kafashian with all the money in his pocket, and it seems he is trying, but without funds, nobody can do anything. Iran is Iran, and there is a reason nobody wants to play us unless it's out of pity. We have nothing to offer.

Paraguay, Uruguay, and Peru also never desperately wanted to play us. Even when we were more moderate in the early 2000's, we usually played teams like Bosnia and Croatia.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
          He has got everything he asked for and he's already laying down the foundation for all the excuses he'll be using if we fail in the AC!

And like I said earlier, only 3 players from Benfica's main team and that was in the 1st half! The 2nd half was pretty much against their U-21 team.
          Vaghan cheghadr badbakht shodeem. Eslowly, eslowly we will be playing Portugal's Special Olympics football team with CQ proclaiming after the match that IPL games are slow so that's how he needs to prepare us for fast paced games.
          Be careful. CQ lovers are going to go on the offensive. Man o man this is WC prep all over again. We played Benfica C...the article on the front page is way too kind. This camp is and will be a bust.

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post

We were 1 minute away from tying Argentina in a "home game" for Argentina. How come none of you that are critical today said anything critical about CQ after the Argentina game?
          There is a very good movie quote in response to such a post...

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning...(Fast and Furious) Like wise, it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or a million, losing is losing
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

There are too many stupid iranians, that is why we have the talent of a top 10 nations in football, but we barely beat arab teams in asia to qualify for the world cup.. let them be stupid, ppl have no idea What CQ did in such a short amount of time, he basically trained all of the players in the iranian league and the arabs from amateur players to actually good personeffisional players.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
              He has got everything he asked for and he's already laying down the foundation for all the excuses he'll be using if we fail in the AC!

And like I said earlier, only 3 players from Benfica's main team and that was in the 1st half! The 2nd half was pretty much against their U-21 team.

Vaghan cheghadr badbakht shodeem. Eslowly, eslowly we will be playing Portugal's Special Olympics football team with CQ proclaiming after the match that IPL games are slow so that's how he needs to prepare us for fast paced games.
              Yeah. He is already saying that we will suck in Australia in a very political way.

Comment

AW: Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

What a shitty preparation playing an Europa League participant and a depleted Champions League participant. Why didn't we play Jordan again?
                Last edited by Martin-Reza; 10-14-2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  Be careful. CQ lovers are going to go on the offensive. Man o man this is WC prep all over again. We played Benfica C...the article on the front page is way too kind. This camp is and will be a bust.

There is a very good movie quote in response to such a post...

It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile winnings winning...(Fast and Furious) Like wise, it doesn't matter if you lose by 1 or a million, losing is losing
                  Well we just beat Benfica by an inch and a mile, so stop complaining
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Hell why did we turn down Venezuela whom we have a very good relationship with ??
                    We must find one good Arab nation yo play for nov.14 like Egypt or morroco or Algeria
                    No more playing club teams if we want to win the AC 2015

Comment

You guys are assuming so much shit its unreal. First of all CQ said these where training matches to get our players used to high speed play, also as if, good countries would be willing to play against Iran... Iran did not turn down Venezuela they chose to play against another country instead..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by persian8iran View Post
                        Masoud is my friend, now he is not so good in national team but I see with my eyes... he is the last to leave the training, is practiced the shot, doing pushups etc.. He seems like a hard worker
                        Yes your friend exactly needs to be the last to leave the pitch because he is centuries behind his own peak and performance.
                        He has got the right attitude, a good heart and everything what a professional needs BUT fucking skill!
                        He used to have but i don't know what happened to him.
                        We should have an excorcism on him or something to get the old masoud back. At least the one who could compensate his short comings of speed and acceleration with football IQ.
                        I simply don't recall ANY good game from him in the recent years except the Lebanon (!) game.

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Dadash, I think he may play his final tournament. After Asian Cup 2015 we probably won't see him around anymore.
                        Khob Alhamdullelah.

I really really really really hope he proves me wrong.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

I am not a fan of friendlies with clubs. Firstly they cost more. Secondly, they are always heartless games. The club players will treat it as an exhibition game and will not play hard enough. The mental pressure is simply not there.

It's so depressing to see the whole world playing on FIFA days except Iran. When it comes to football it really sucks to be an Iranian.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                            I really can't complain at CQ too much. Would you rather we return to the TM A vs. TM B friendlies we had under Daei and Ghotbi?
                            My good man, a little fact checking goes a long way. This is a partial list of the friendlies we played in the 3 years before CQ (reverse chronological):

Russia
                            Angola
                            Brazil
                            South Korea
                            Macedonia
                            Iceland
                            Senegal
                            Ecuador
                            Costa Rica

Now, for every one of those teams, give me an equivalent team that we have played in a friendly under CQ in the last 3-1/2 years.

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
                            What a shitty preparation playing an Europa League participant and a depleted Champions League participant. Why didn't we play Jordan again?
                            Except we didn't play a Europa/Champions League participant Martin jaan. That would have been a worthy preparation game like I said before the Portugal camp. We played the bench and U-21 team of such a team and I think that's an insult to every TM fan.

Comment

Re: Friendly: Iran vs. Benfica @ Lisboa, 14-10-2014

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post

Well we just beat Benfica by an inch and a mile, so stop complaining
                              The same Jordan would have beaten this Benfica side as well. They were an U21 side...maybe if IFF had straight priorities Vingadas boys could have played these guys...would have made more sense.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

here is what i have to say. bosnias last game before the wc was against santos U21. and they also played good national teams in the U.S and Egypt and many more. did you see the bosnian fans getting pissed and asking for the coach to get fired? no. japan, korea and Australia both played a handful of friendlies before the wc right? if i rememebr correctly CQ had koreas schedule and they played about 19 games? how many did we play? like 5? 6? it really doesnt matter who u play , wether its a club team or a national team because all four asian teams got last in their group and did not make it. In my honest opinion we were in the hardest group compared to the other 3! we played the best soccer out of all 3.. well 2. Australia did. AGAIN IT DOES NOT MATTER WHO WE PLAY! AS LONG AS WE GET FRINDLIES, TRY YOUNG PLAYERS AND PRACTICE NEW TACTICS!

Comment

Working...
                                X