No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Vancouver Whitecaps | 2014-2015 - NEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Beita is young enough to have a couple of more years alongside Ghafouri as TM's RB options until Rezaeian or another RB truly develops. I'd put Ghafouri as #1 choice right now and Beita and Rezaeian tied, but Beita having more experience. I'd invite all 3 for the Oman and Japan games. I would cut Heydari, and I don't say that as a hater. I believe, as many others do, that despite his flashes of quality, even in the India match, he is getting old and needs to be phased out. I love Jalal Hosseini, but I believe that he is next in line to be replaced. He is still a great player, but we need to move forward to Russia and give new players a chance to develop on this long road. We can no longer rely on the 30+ year olds. Even Teymourian and Montazeri might not make it to Russia.

Comment

I really think both Beita and Davari have been crossed out for good by CQ! Not sure why, but if they havent gotten a call up from WC then they will not get one.... Sad IMO, but Just my two cents..

Comment

i hope beitash gets another chance. Right now its tough because its mid season for MLS but next round of internationals hopefully he gets an invite. But even if he does, RB is a kind of position that doesnt normally get subbed unless the starter is under performing big time. So chances are he might be bench those games and not even play anyway. Its just good to keep him around and acclimated a bit in case we are in a crisis and do need one.

Comment

After Vancouvers 2-0 win over Colorado last night, they are 1st in the Wetern Conference, 2 points ahead of LA Galaxy. Beitashour played the full 90 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
            I really think both Beita and Davari have been crossed out for good by CQ! Not sure why, but if they havent gotten a call up from WC then they will not get one.... Sad IMO, but Just my two cents..
            I think CQ should give Beitashour another chance; he's been doing pretty well in the MLS. I can't say the same for Davari though, he's not really that good :/

Comment

Yeah I have a feeling that Beitashour has been crossed off the list for good, I am not certain why but I would love to see him invited as a back up for Ghafouri. He is a lot better than Heydari IMO.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                I think CQ should give Beitashour another chance; he's been doing pretty well in the MLS. I can't say the same for Davari though, he's not really that good :/
                I watch many of the Caps' games. Take it from an IPL hater, Beita is at best second best at RB for Iran. Ghafouri is better, Beita isn't reliable defensively and isn't the most agile either. Does deserve a chance against lower teams though but not the more serious opponents that we have.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
                  I watch many of the Caps' games. Take it from an IPL hater, Beita is at best second best at RB for Iran. Ghafouri is better, Beita isn't reliable defensively and isn't the most agile either. Does deserve a chance against lower teams though but not the more serious opponents that we have.
                  Still, as the second best of any position, he should be invited. Only because it gives us a fallback in case of injury or poor form by our current starter. Teams are built on depth. Many national teams have players on the training squad to improve the team. At the very least, a player like Beitashour is a good option to test against our starters in training. I believe that there was some sort of falling out between Beita and CQ, as he's been doing pretty darn well recently, and seems to be off the radar.

Previously, we blamed injury and poor form, but now, it is questionable that he is not invited for a player who is not in as good form, Heydari. CQ trusts Heydari, so I get it, but in my opinion, Beita should be invited instead of Heydari moving forward. CQ is the boss though, so I defer to him. Hopefully it is just a matter of Beita being off the radar after long injury, and CQ and co. forgot about him and us bringing his name up more will get him reinvited. I'm under the suspicion that Beita and Davari were not easy fits, personality wise like Dejagah and Reza who easily assimilated into the team. I do believe that guys like Heydari and Masoud have close bonds with CQ, which is why he provides them so many chances. I hope I am wrong though, and it wasn't CQ just personally not connecting with them.

That would be a shame for TM, but I may be wrong. Davari is likely because of his form, but Beita is a questionable exclusion.

Comment

Doubt the bache akhoonds want Beitashour to play for TM again. He's a good option though.

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I hated listening to Alexi Lalas spew shit out of his mouth about us and Beitashour during the 2014 World Cup. In fact, I disliked most of what he discussed during his post-match analysis. So what if Beita chose Iran. So what if he wanted to play for a WC team. I know Alexi, you're still butt hurt from '98, but Esteev chose Iran cause Klinsmann was busy calling up
                      German-Americans (Hint hint!). Hypocrit!

I was never a fan of Lalas.

Comment

Vancouver lost 3-0 tonight.

Beitashour didn't play, injured maybe?

All three goals came from the side his replacement was playing.
                        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Beitashour was ruled out of todays game due to a knee sprain:

"Steven Beitashour: Out with Knee Sprain
                          Posted on September 19, 2015 at 3:17 PM

NEWS UPDATE
                          Beitashour is dealing with a knee sprain and won't be playing in Saturday's game against the Sounders, Farhan Devji of Vancouver's front office reports.

ROTOWIRE FANTASY ANALYSIS
                          Beitashour's injury didn't come with any forewarning as Jordan Smith takes over on the backline Saturday. The next opportunity for Beitashour to return will be against NYC FC on Sept. 26."

http://news.rotowire.com/Steven-Beit...3-spsoccer.htm

Comment

Vancouver Whitecaps played out a 1-1 draw last weekend against Beitashours former team San Jose. Beitashour played the full 90 mins:

This was the first game back after a knee injury kept him sidelined.

"Steven Beitashour (D) C+ - Beitashour missed the past two matches against New York City FC and the Seattle Sounders through injury and the 'Caps certainly missed his presence at right back. Newcomer Jordan Smith, who filled in for Beitashour during his absence, may eventually press Steven for a starting role, but largely struggled in his first few matches for Vancouver. Beitashour provided more stability at right back on Saturday and did not turn possession of the ball over nearly as much, or as often as Smith did previously. Beitashour did his team a disservice for picking up his fifth yellow card of the season, and will now watch Wednesday's crucial match against FC Dallas from the touchline."

http://www.eightysixforever.com/2015...1-whitecaps-fc

Due to a yellow card picked up during the match against San Jose, Beitashour will miss their next match against Dallas due to yellow card accumulaion:

"Waston will be on national team duty with Costa Rica on Wednesday. Beitashour will be suspended for yellow card accumulation after being booked in San Jose. Veteran Pa-Modou Kah will replace Waston, though he’s not near as intimidating in the box as the six-foot-five Costa Rican. And Jordan Smith’s defensive struggles will be an issue as he steps in for Beitashour."

http://www.vancouversun.com/mobile/n...573/story.html

Comment

MLS Cup Playoffs this Sunday at 2 pm live on ESPN
                              Vancouver Whitecaps vs Portland Timbers
                              Western Conference Semifinal 1st leg

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Timbers won one of the best penalty shootouts in football history against KS. 22 pks, and finished off with the goalkeepers from each side.

Comment

Working...
                                X