This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
    I used to think Azmoun is more talented but I don't know anymore. It seems I had massively underrated JB's technical abilities. Watch the sweet little ye pa do pas he does at the end of those highlights. Kid has skills.
    but do you honestly think he can ye pa do pa in Russian league too..? they will break his legs in that league even attempting anything too cute..!!
    i think he looks so good & bosses in this Jupiter league mostly due to mostly amateur opponents facing him..!! i dont recall him being all so dominant of a player in Eredivisie last year ..! he wasnt even a sure starter..!! i even wanna guess that he came off the bench more so than starting last year in NEC..!!??? had he transferred to another club in top half of Eredivisie , still chances were high, he woulda most likely been a bench contributor..!!

Regardless, i also do agree, to have underestimated his tactical talent and pony tricks a little too..!! but i doubt he could successfully pull these moves off vs quality teams and opponents..!!

Comment

It is simply riDDiculous to even mention the Russian league in the same sentence as the Dutch one. The dutch are years ahead of the ruskies. Be it talent wise, style of football, attraction, innovation and modernity, ... but also glory, championships and trophies.

Comment

To support the case presented by Doctor DOOM and Kiarash it should be noted that N.E.C. has a 100% track record against Russian teams. N.E.C. won all of its matches in UEFA Cup / Europa League against Russian opponents.
        (And of course we scored twice against Barcelona)

December 3, 2008: Spartak Moscow vs N.E.C. 1 - 2

sigpic

Comment

^ NEC is OK hit the nail on the head with his evidence guys!

Man, the good old days where NEC supposed to play European football. They had such decent players like Lasse Schone and Edgar Barretto. Truly a club with great history.

Comment

Re: Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ N.E.C. Nijmegen | 2014-2015

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
            It is simply riDDiculous to even mention the Russian league in the same sentence as the Dutch one. The dutch are years ahead of the ruskies. Be it talent wise, style of football, attraction, innovation and modernity, ... but also glory, championships and trophies.
            This is certainly true if we are speaking of domestic players. But the Russian league has many more star players and much larger budgets. It's also much more physically demanding. Point being, Azmoun could do a lot more damage in the eredivisie.
            But 100% Dutch league is more interesting and has more domestic talent.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
            Last edited by KeonKish; 10-05-2014, 01:22 PM.
            AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

we comparing here the CURRENT Overall Competitiveness of Eredivisie Vs Russian Premier League, Old glorious championship trophies of Dutch national team compared to Russians, and CL results from 8 years ago dont figure much into this debate.

you could provide proof that a one league has more world class talent and richer clubs than the other, or prove that there is less disparity between top and bottom clubs of each league or Current direct results of Russian league teams meeting Dutch ones in CL and such to prove your point.

i gave my opinion mostly based on my own observation of watching our two boys playing in their respective leagues these past couple of years..!!

Comment

The Russian League may have 1 or 2 teams that are far better than any Eredivisie-Team but in overall I think that he Eredivisie is better. I personally watched every NEC game, but when I watched Rubin (under Bilyatedinov) I got bored too fast.
                Jahanbakhsh is by far better then Azmoun. It's not a reason to say that Azmoun is better than Jahanbakhsh only because Azmoun is playing in a better league. Do you think every player in Bundesliga/Ligue 1 /Serie A etc. is better than Jahanbakhsh?
                Jahanbakhsh is by far the best player in the Jupiler League at the Moment. Even my collegues in transfermarkt.de are saying this. He have the highest market value with 1.25mio Euro. (The next is Limbombe with 800.000) And in their last game you could see their difference.

Jahanbakhsh is a perfekt player, his style of play, his attitude..
                sigpic

Comment

Let me put it this way. Stars players of Eredivisie have been going to the Russian League and some of them became bench warmers.
                  A couple of bench warmers from the Russian league have been loaned out to Eredivisie teams and have become 'stars' of their teams.
                  Now you go figure out which league is the better one.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                    Let me put it this way. Stars players of Eredivisie have been going to the Russian League and some of them became bench warmers.
                    A couple of bench warmers from the Russian league have been loaned out to Eredivisie teams and have become 'stars' of their teams.
                    As I said, its possible that f.e Jakob Jantsher is a benchwarmer for Dinamo Moskau but a Star in Nijmegen. Zenit, Dinamo, Zska may be better than all Eredivisie teams, but in overall the Eredivisie is better and its more exciting to watch as they play more attractive footbal.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                      Still doesn't say a lot about who is better or not. I think this is the best comparison:

Russia at the World Cup had a squad mostly domestic based and could not get out of their group with South Korea, Algeria and Belgium. While Netherlands also had a majority of Eredivisie players (ok, 10 players out of 23) and topped their group with Chile, Spain and Australia. Also, they finished third.

It's just the way how you look at it I think but I think World Cup performance is definitely a way to determine the strength of a certain league.

Comment

Please tell me that you wrote the both D's in capitals because of your username Doctor Doom ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Still doesn't say a lot about who is better or not. I think this is the best comparison:

Russia at the World Cup had a squad mostly domestic based and could not get out of their group with South Korea, Algeria and Belgium. While Netherlands also had a majority of Eredivisie players (ok, 10 players out of 23) and topped their group with Chile, Spain and Australia. Also, they finished third.

It's just the way how you look at it I think but I think World Cup performance is definitely a way to determine the strength of a certain league.
                          Kiarash jan, the majority of the players of Costa Rica, England and Spain also play in their home country. If you use that to determine the strength of a certain league, then you could also say that the Eredivisie and league of Costa Rica are better than the Premier League and the Primera Division.

In terms of producing talent and developing talents, I believe the Dutch clubs are world class and probably better than the Russians. However, there is no way that the Dutch league is anything near the Russian league in terms of the strength of the league and players. Over the last 10 years, the Russian teams have been far more successful than the Dutch on international stage. Like Babak said, the stars of Eredivisie go to Russia and some don't even play as a fixed player. You would never ever see a Dutch team being able to attract players like Hulk and Witsel to the Eredivisie. You can't say that the strength is based on the domestic players, because if that is the case then the Premier League is worth shit. 90% of their players are foreign players.

Why not taking a look at the recent results of the Dutch clubs in the Europe League? FC Twente was knocked out by an Azarbaijani club, FC Zwolle by Sparta Prague, Feyenoord only managed to knock out a mid-table team in Ukraine with a last second goal. Take a look at the UEFA Country Coefficients. If this pattern continues, and unless Ajax or another Dutch team goes to the quarter/semi finals of the Champions League or Europe League in the upcoming two years, the Dutch league will move from the 9th to the 15/16th position.

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
                            As I said, its possible that f.e Jakob Jantsher is a benchwarmer for Dinamo Moskau but a Star in Nijmegen. Zenit, Dinamo, Zska may be better than all Eredivisie teams, but in overall the Eredivisie is better and its more exciting to watch as they play more attractive footbal.
                            Jakob Jantscher was everything but a star in Nijmegen. Alireza was and is. And he played quite often for Dinamo.

And even if the Dutch league is worse than the Russian league, something I can't really agree with, the Dutch league still is better for your carreer.
                            If you see the list of transfers in 2014 in the Russian league and in the Dutch league, you'll notice that in Russia not many players are sold to big clubs outside Russia. There are just a few: Nicolas Pareja to Sevilla, Ivan Marcano to Porto, Luke Wilshere to Feyenoord. No players to the Premier League (not even on loan) and only one to the Bundesliga (to Hoffenheim). Most players are sold to other Russian teams. When you go to Russia, you'll probably stay in Russia.
                            The transfers of the Eredivisie are better. Players going to Wolfsburg, Newcastle United, Real Sociedad, Augsburg, Southampton, Malaga, Hertha BSC, Porto, Lazio Roma, Stuttgart and even Manchester United.

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is door de trainers en aanvoerders van de clubs in de Jupiler League genomineerd voor een bronzen stier als beste speler van de 1e periode. Stem ook op Alireza!
                              http://www.jupilerleague.nl/page/bronzenstier

Translated:
                              Alireza Jahanbakhsh is by the trainers and leader of the clubs in the Jupiler League nominated for a bronze Bull as best player of the first period. Vote on Alireza!

http://www.jupilerleague.nl/page/bronzenstier
                              Team Melli - Traxtor - Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by Gijscoman View Post
                                Jakob Jantscher was everything but a star in Nijmegen. Alireza was and is. And he played quite often for Dinamo.

And even if the Dutch league is worse than the Russian league, something I can't really agree with, the Dutch league still is better for your carreer.
                                If you see the list of transfers in 2014 in the Russian league and in the Dutch league, you'll notice that in Russia not many players are sold to big clubs outside Russia. There are just a few: Nicolas Pareja to Sevilla, Ivan Marcano to Porto, Luke Wilshere to Feyenoord. No players to the Premier League (not even on loan) and only one to the Bundesliga (to Hoffenheim). Most players are sold to other Russian teams. When you go to Russia, you'll probably stay in Russia.
                                The transfers of the Eredivisie are better. Players going to Wolfsburg, Newcastle United, Real Sociedad, Augsburg, Southampton, Malaga, Hertha BSC, Porto, Lazio Roma, Stuttgart and even Manchester United.
                                Spot-on. Dutch club football is a perfect stepping-stone for young players. Russia attracts foreign players because of the money they offer.
                                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Working...
                                X