This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    The top Liga Adelante teams would eat Championships alive in terms of technique, skills and the tactical approach to the game.

I find Premier League teams tactically weak organized (except Chelsea) and that was on full display during the K.O stages of the Champions League, so let alone one tier below. Watch back Arsenal - Monaco and Barcelona - Manchester City. English football is mostly kick and rush based on pure stamina and psychical aspect of the game.

There are no ideas behind the game, I have seen few Championship play-off games like Middlesbrough against Brentford and the level was below Eredivisie standards. Players were not really technical and really missed vision.
    It's certainly true that most lower prem/champs sides often only play 1 or 2 players with real creativity. Watching the playoffs isn't a true indication of the league though, lots of nerves floating around in those games. Although I guess we didn't show that in the final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...LWO27gbE#t=216 The guy that scored that would have been the guy Alireza was up against had he come here.

The 3 best footballing sides did get promoted from the Championship this year. Think those of you that watch the Premier League will be pretty impressed with Bournemouth next season.

At least we've made our youth team pitches smaller now. Honestly, it took us this long.

Comment

Few things to consider. One, Jahanbakhsh is not Gucci. They're two different individuals with different goals, ambitions, skills, etc. Secondly, Gucci was a striker, Jahanbakhsh is a winger. There won't be nearly as much pressure on him to score goals as there was on Gucci. He just has to play well, and create chances. Lastly, If he fails in Championship then he doesn't deserve to play in EPL or a better league anyhow. It's quite simple, really. Let him give it a shot.

And perhaps most importantly. I actually like Brighton's rather active fan forums so I give my blessing to this move.

Comment

I said it few months ago and still think he should stay with NEC. He's still only 21, is loved by the fans, is a star player and will play Eredivisie football. If he shines this season then he will certainly get better offers than he has now. One very good season in Eredivisie and offers from Premier League, Bundesliga, ... will come. The reality is that the gap between Jupiler League and the top leagues is just to big. The bottom teams in Jupiler league are equal to German or English 4th division teams, so its really no surprise that Jahanbakhsh hasnt got any offers from very good teams.

Take a look at Mark Uth. He is 2 years older than Jahanbakhsh and was a no name in Germany, went to Netherlands 2 or 3 years ago. Now he has played only 1 very good season there (scoring 15 goals for Herenveen) and now Leverkusen, Tottenham, Hoffenheim, ... are all after him.

Comment

Khak... Harchi gand bood oftad sareh bazikonamoon

Comment

Originally posted by Z Joon View Post
            Khak... Harchi gand bood oftad sareh bazikonamoon
            May the Mahdavikia, Hashemian, Karimi and Daei era forever RIP..

Comment

Jahanbakhsh should be patient, if there are no decent offers (like Celtic, AZ or Norwhich) then he should stay with NEC for another season, show his skills in the Eredivisie and then move, Brighton would be a terrible choice for his career and for our beloved TM, as Jahanbakhsh is one of our brightest prospects, i hope Alireza uses his brains. He looks like a smart guy.

Comment

same ol story
                nothing new and it seems the waiting game continues..!!

He should remain patient, im fairly certain he will get a better offer that B&H, be it likely closer to transfer deadline..!

worse case, he will be probably playing midtable @ NEC in Eredivisie..!! if he can replicate half his last year stats there, he is guaranteed a good move next season, especially considering he will be a free agent by then..!

Comment

Read the comments by Brighton fans to see they have been in trouble scoring and most of their solid scorers left the squad. They are desperate for a person to stand up and save the team alone by himself. They think JB is the person to do that. So JB is joining a crap team with no support (in squad) and high expectation (among fans). It seems it will be another Karim Ansarifard story , if nothing changes in Brighton. The owner of Brighton is a poker fan and a famous gambler which rarely spend on a good squad. It means he can lose his fortune over a night, so there is no hope of long time investment in him. JB worked good in NEC because he had good CMF, FW and LW working with him as a team. What Brighton fans expect from JB may disappoint them in few matches, JB is not a hero to bring Brighton team on top by himself alone. end of the story.

So being a winger alone does not change the fact that Brighton fans look at JB as their savior, so expectation will be very high on him. Since $2 mil price tag of JB considers a very big amount for Brighton fans, it will be childish to think they look at him as another part of the team. Look at their squads.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/brighto...te/verein/1237

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                    Read the comments by Brighton fans to see they have been in trouble scoring and most of their solid scorers left the squad. They are desperate for a person to stand up and save the team alone by himself. They think JB is the person to do that. So JB is joining a crap team with no support (in squad) and high expectation (among fans). It seems it will be another Karim Ansarifard story , if nothing changes in Brighton. The owner of Brighton is a poker fan and a famous gambler which rarely spend on a good squad. It means he can lose his fortune over a night, so there is no hope of long time investment in him. JB woked good in NEC because he had good CMF, FW and LW working with him as a team. What Brighton fans expect from JB may disappoint them in few matches, JB is not a hero to bring Brighton team on top by himself alone. end of the story.

So being a winger alone does not change the fact that Brighton fans look at JB has their savior, so expectation will be very high on him. Since $2 mil price tag of JB considers a very big amount for Brighton fans, it will be childish to think they look at him as another part of the team. Look at their squads.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/brighto...te/verein/1237
                    by the look, alireza will be the star player if they buy him for 2 million

Comment

A move to Brighton wasn't what I was hoping for. I hope he won't be stock in a 5 year contract like Goochi.
                      .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

The second best young talent in the Netherlands going to a relegation-battling team in the English second tier.
                        An Iraq guy who is a bench-warmer in Turkey going to Udinese.

I'll be angry if this sh!t happens. He should change his agent ASAP.

Comment

Hashemi has told De Telegraaf that Alireza right now won't go to Brighton. Alireza says that the playing style in the Championship doesn't suit him and therefore this move wouldn't be ideal. He possibly could change his mind in a few weeks, but Brighton wanted to know it sooner. So it's a no.
                          http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...t__nee___.html

Comment

now everyone who was crying, please stop.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Khodaro sokhr!

Comment

he can wait till july, but by august he will have to decide which team he wants

Comment

Working...
                                X