Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do know that EPL clubs purchase a lot of players and they get released with limited appearances. For example, Australia's Jason Davidson joined WBA this season after a successful spell at Heracles in Eredivisie. But he only played 2 league games and got released this week.

Comment

EPL is brutal when it comes to player selection. Unless he is a star of the team he wont be playing week in week out. In terms of his physical game, two things could happen. 1) He gets outmuscled and flops out of EPL 2) He gets roughened up similar to how De Gea entered BPL as a scrawny spaniard and is now the domineering GK he is today.

It's surprising that Norwich of all teams have bid for him since I remember Norwich to be quite a physical team with a set of English wingers in Redmond and Johnson. He definitely has the quality to make the team though.

Comment

Does messi get outmuscled? Does hazard get out muscled? Does Kevin de Byrne get out muscled? These players are fast, technical, and good passers. They do not wait until players get shoulder to shoulder with them before they make there moves. AJ will not struggle with getting out muscled as his style of play deals with that before it becomes a problem (I.e. fast thinking, dribbling, decision making).

Either way I still don't see him moving to Norwich if he has any decent offer from a good eredevisie side which I am almost certain that he does. Think about it this way: how many good players can you recall coming from newly promoted teams in the premier league being bought into hugely better teams. I can't recall any. Where as I see the eredevise as a huge boat load of players for big teams such as man u and Chelsea to fish from. It also makes more sense for AJ to go to a good team in eredevise and wait it out another year because he is, as he stated himself, already familiar with the culture and football of the country. This would be his 3rd year in Holland! Players this young don't get worse. They only get better. Especially aspiring and self driven people like AJ. If he plays on a better eredivise side I could not imagine that this guy couldn't preform just as good as depay if not better given his experience against the eredivisie teams and his better team mates to play the ball to.

In conclusion, none of this arguing and hoping he goes to BPL matters as AJ will do what he had his mind set on before and will only leave Holland in a year or 2 when a great team gives him a great offer.

Comment

He's gonna get 30-60 mins max shot in EPL to score or assist. If he scores he'll get atleast another 120 mins of playing time. If he assists he'll get another 45 mins. If he doesn't he won't even make the bench. And his proverbial corpse will be booed off the pitch by those classless hooligans.

He's not EPL material. La liga or Bundesliga on the other hand, he can certainly play at.

Comment

I say no more, only Feyenoord is good for JB.

ALIREZA JAHANBAKHSH FOR FEYENOORD

Comment

Originally posted by ashkan24 View Post
              He's gonna get 30-60 mins max shot in EPL to score or assist. If he scores he'll get atleast another 120 mins of playing time. If he assists he'll get another 45 mins. If he doesn't he won't even make the bench. And his proverbial corpse will be booed off the pitch by those classless hooligans.

He's not EPL material. La liga or Bundesliga on the other hand, he can certainly play at.
              maybe yes if its a big epl team not norwich city,he can help them alot

Comment

Let's be honest. AJ is a talented player. But he is not tested. He should really stay in Holland for a couple of more seasons. He sounds like an intelligent young man. I am sure he knows what is best for him.
                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

This can't be true unless AJ didn't know that they're in the play off final! he said the team is in the championship who are preparing to get promoted in the future, he also said that he really wants to stay in Holland for another couple of years. Lets hope that his former coach takes him to PSV.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                  We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by ameri View Post
                    Does messi get outmuscled? Does hazard get out muscled? Does Kevin de Byrne get out muscled? These players are fast, technical, and good passers. They do not wait until players get shoulder to shoulder with them before they make there moves. AJ will not struggle with getting out muscled as his style of play deals with that before it becomes a problem (I.e. fast thinking, dribbling, decision making).

Either way I still don't see him moving to Norwich if he has any decent offer from a good eredevisie side which I am almost certain that he does. Think about it this way: how many good players can you recall coming from newly promoted teams in the premier league being bought into hugely better teams. I can't recall any. Where as I see the eredevise as a huge boat load of players for big teams such as man u and Chelsea to fish from. It also makes more sense for AJ to go to a good team in eredevise and wait it out another year because he is, as he stated himself, already familiar with the culture and football of the country. This would be his 3rd year in Holland! Players this young don't get worse. They only get better. Especially aspiring and self driven people like AJ. If he plays on a better eredivise side I could not imagine that this guy couldn't preform just as good as depay if not better given his experience against the eredivisie teams and his better team mates to play the ball to.

In conclusion, none of this arguing and hoping he goes to BPL matters as AJ will do what he had his mind set on before and will only leave Holland in a year or 2 when a great team gives him a great offer.
                    I don't think hazard is a good example. Being short doesn't always mean being weak. If you look at him when he battles for the ball, he can tussle over defenders twice the size of him. His legs are also very developed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There has been a LOT of chatter on JB in the last 24 hours on various site, in almost every language and even on BBC Sport. Two front-runners seem to still be Norwich and Celtic, the former having a bit of an edge apparently.

Whether this move happens or not, I think this concludes the argument of whether it's better to be a superstar in a 2nd division league and get noticed than being a bench-warmer in the top league and fade to oblivion. Of course, it's always best to be a superstar in the top tier!

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                        I watched Norwich against midlesborough in championship play off final, I must say they play long and direct...

Comment

probably final decision unlikely to be made until the last couple of weeks of Transfer Window..!! long while away still..!

im sure there be a few names added late to the list of Suitors by then..!! Possible PSV move still tops my wish-list, i wish they'd shown a formal interest already or soon i hope...!!

Comment

Agreed. PSV would be an amazing move. We can all speculate on teams and offers but judging by his interview, I feel safe in the knowledge that he's intelligent enough to know what offer is the right decision for himself and his development. How many other 19 year old Iranian footballers would move to an obscure team in a country whose language they don't speak a word of in the off chance it might open the door to playing for a top European team, when the biggest club in Iran wants them and offers more money? This kid is very level headed and ambitious.

#JustDontGoToQatar. Can we get this trending for this summers transfer window regarding Iranian players

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                              Agreed. PSV would be an amazing move. We can all speculate on teams and offers but judging by his interview, I feel safe in the knowledge that he's intelligent enough to know what offer is the right decision for himself and his development. How many other 19 year old Iranian footballers would move to an obscure team in a country whose language they don't speak a word of in the off chance it might open the door to playing for a top European team, when the biggest club in Iran wants them and offers more money? This kid is very level headed and ambitious.

#JustDontGoToQatar. Can we get this trending for this summers transfer window regarding Iranian players
                              he wont go qatar, he will either go celtic,or even norwich, but if a big dutch team come calling he will go like psv,ajax,feynord, but norwich is a good signing, playing in epl and so is celtic, but i am sure he will make the right choice

Comment

He doesn't really have much of a choice. NEC will sell him at the highest price possible. If that's in England, its not like he's going to say no and stall his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X