This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
    With IR, our choices aren't between hiring a good expensive coach orhiring a good expensive coach and spending little on infrastructure or hiring a crappy cheap coach and still spending little on infrastructure.

Kranjcar is better than most of our domestic coaches yet with our most "professional" team he keeps getting spanked out of the ACL group stage. At least this year wasn't as bad as 2013 where he lost home and away giving up 8 goals to Al-Ahli. He's managed just 1 point in 4 games against that team since last April.

Others already mentioned the positive effects of CQ's tenure in terms of instilling professionalism and a team-first mentality that is practically non-existent in our football, and I don't even think he's the only foreign coach who can bring those qualities. But I also know once he leaves, IR will either go after a Faraki type or at best a yes-man foreign coach who'll let IFF and the players run the show again while he collects his paycheck.

And not for nothing, but in all the years I've followed our football I don't remember a single time where the players cried in the locker room for the coach to stay like they did after our last world cup game. Even Karimi who is notoriously hard to get along with fell in love with the guy and still supported him after getting cut from the team.

And one last note about IR's problem with CQ's demands. It ain't about him asking for too much money. These guys had no problem with Daei's crazy contract from the same government budget just to run a club, even though he doesn't have a fraction of CQ's resume as a coach and failed to qualify us to the world cup. They're just used to coaches who put up with the corruption and unprofessionalism as long as the paychecks keep coming. They don't want CQ to have a say about things like camp sites mainly because they want their own people making money off those deals instead of him (and those people don't give a damn about the team's interests as long as their own end of the deal is good). At least with CQ choosing the sites we won't end up somewhere in rural Austria with no air conditioning in the middle of summer like we did right before he came along!
    Thanks for your post. Finally someone who does not fall for the IR horror show.

Comment

I'm getting pretty annoyed with that stupid smirk on Kaffashian's face during every interview. Really, is TM not having a coach 4 months before the 2nd most major tournament in which it participates, a laughing matter you moron?!

Comment

I don't blame CQ for leaving Iran, it's a circus with IR & IFF, no rational man specially who is a top coach like CQ would've chosen to stay in Iran. If he still considering Iran after this, then he is a bigger patriot for this country, than those mullahs in the regime.
        A free and reborn Iran without organized religion and rooted in its true herritage and values

Comment

http://www.theguardian.com/money/201...crystal-palace

https://utextension.tennessee.edu/pu...ents/SP651.pdf

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...,d.b2U&cad=rja

p.s. If I'm making a mistake on the costs, please let me know. Thanks

Comment

Without knowing whether your figures are correct or not, your calculations are nothing but a theoretical exercise. The choice is not between Queiroz and investment into infrastructure, it's between Queiroz and corrupt officials pouring his potential salary into their own pockets or officials diverting it to something unrelated to football and sports.

Comment

Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

Reza g just tweeted this....

@gh_reza: ??!!چرا قرارداد اقای کیروش هنوز تمدید نکردن
              Unbelievable!!!!! Hame ino lotfan retweet konid!!!! #Queiroz http://t.co/VoAocWrmiy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Khodemoonima Ferdowsipour riiid be heykale Kaffashian lol

Comment

It's never the result that matters for small teams vs big teams, it's always their performance and the experience they pick up from it. If they show no fear and play with aggression and pride then this is proof the coach is doing his job. If we lost not even trying then the coach is at fault. Manteghi biyad bashe, if you have a problem with foreign coaches then suck it up because Iran need a coach that isn't going to be all tarofi and boos boos mach mach to the players, they need discipline and grit. Iran needs a leader who leads not a leader who becomes their next mehmoon. Carlos is the true definition of a disciplined, organised and knowledgeable coach, everything Iran need. Already mentioned discipline. IFF isn't organised, deal with it haters its true. We need some footballing knowledge because only probably Hashemian at Bayern now has even half the knowledge of Dr. Carlos Queiroz. I'm a coach myself and I look up to him as a role model. True professional and the best thing that happened to Iranian football ever. Agree with me?

Comment

First off, Iran is not Bangladesh. There is plenty of money in Iran. If they really wanted him $2.4 Mil is peanuts for them. Plus, CQ's previous contract more than paid for itself and then some. IFF is getting a lot of money from Fifa for going to the WC.

Second, if you think by not spending the money on CQ they are all of a sudden going to wisely re-allocate those funds to youth development, then you are way too naive to exist in this world. This is Iran we are talking about. Whatever is leftover from that money is going into the pockets of countless corrupt hajaghas and middlemen. I'd rather spend the money on CQ and his first class flight back to Portugal than some nasty rishoo who is only gonna stock up on batons for the next time there is some kind of unrest in Iran. At least CQ knows how to have a good time.

Third, having a high profile coach has a lot of benefits that can't be accurately quantified. CQ has brought to light several things that otherwise would gone unnoticed in Iran. His opinion is more valued exactly because he is Carlos Queiroz. For instance, the issue of lack of fitness in PGL compared to European level. He is also challenging domestic talents to not be satisfied with undeservedly high salaries in PGL and seek further development in Europe. Iran especially needs him because he raises the prestige of Iranian football and makes it more attractive for other countries to host TM for camps and arrange friendlies.

So that's that.

Comment

Re: Kafashian will meet CQ on Thursday to finalize the contract

What is the cost of importing England's muggy weather climate over Iran?

Or would it be more cost effective to move Iran right off the coast of England? Maybe somewhere between England and the Isle of Man?
                      راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by mlka View Post
                        Reza g just tweeted this....

@gh_reza: ??!!چرا قرارداد اقای کیروش هنوز تمدید نکردن
                        Unbelievable!!!!! Hame ino lotfan retweet konid!!!! #Queiroz http://t.co/VoAocWrmiy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                        For those who can't read farsi Reza is saying "Why hasn't Queiroz renewed his contract yet!" Followed by "Unbelievable" in English. When I first joined this forum I didn't know how to read Persian, but after running into some ass holes that wouldn't translate farsi for me on this very forum I was motivated to learn and now can read and write. If anyone ever needs a translation hit me up!

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                          For those who can't read farsi Reza is saying "Why hasn't Queiroz renewed his contract yet!" Followed by "Unbelievable" in English. When I first joined this forum I didn't know how to read Persian, but after running into some ass holes that wouldn't translate farsi for me on this very forum I was motivated to learn and now can read and write. If anyone ever needs a translation hit me up!
                          So the ASSHOLES taught you well.
                          sigpic

Comment

although I appreciate your effort for putting above together, but as other member pointed out your points are theoretically correct. Such expenditures comparisons between professional clubs in England and corrupted environment and clubs in Iran where mismanagement sits on top of the chart is simply null and lacks practicality..

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
                            به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                              You should be thanking them instead of calling them assholes. You ended up doing what they were hoping you do which will now last you a lifetime.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

chi shod finally..?
                                *** edited ***

Comment

Working...
                                X