This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darloc View Post
    lol, you are seriously comparing someone like Hashemian,Daei or Mahdavikia with Dejagah ? Those guys were class, Dejagah is not very far away but definitely level below.

I don't know about that one. I mean Dejagah was pivotal in the 2 seasons he played for Fulham in one of the toughest and most talented leagues in Europe. I think money limited his chances of staying in Europe.
    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

AW: TM-News-

Could it be possible that some of you are confusing Reza Fazeli with Human Afazeli?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin-Reza View Post
        Could it be possible that some of you are confusing Reza Fazeli with Human Afazeli?
        LOL I think many are. Afazeli is the coach while Fazeli is a a player agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Irooni View Post
          I wonder what a loser like Houman Khepel doing around TM for that long ? this is beyond imagination .year after year he find way to be around TM ! this is a guy which his best achievement as coach is coaching shahab zanjan !what is his knowledge speaking English ? on ro ke challangar ham balade ..

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            I don't know about that one. I mean Dejagah was pivotal in the 2 seasons he played for Fulham in one of the toughest and most talented leagues in Europe. I think money limited his chances of staying in Europe.
            Names like Mahdavikia,Hashemian and Daei have proven season after season in Europe that they are unique Iranian players. Like i said, Dejagah is a professional footballer and he has the basic professional skills, he is brought up according to European football standards and so on but the guy is a level or two below the likes of Mahdavikia,Daei,Hashemian (when they were playing in Europe)

Comment

Names like Mahdavikia,Hashemian and Daei have proven season after season in Europe that they are unique Iranian players. Like i said, Dejagah is a professional footballer and he has the basic professional skills, he is brought up according to European football standards and so on but the guy is a level or two below the likes of Mahdavikia,Daei,Hashemian (when they were playing in Europe)
              I love all the names you mentioned, but none of those guys were regular starters on a Bundesliga championship team...Dejagah was. Daei was the closest for Bayern but he wasn't a regular. None of those guys also made it to the EPL, which is by far a stronger league than the Bundesliga. I am not sure Dejagah in his prime is any less skilled than the names mentioned above in their prime. If you think about it, Daei and Hashemian were strikers, and so on goals, they really should be ahead of Dejagah. In terms of MVP to their teams...you betchya that Bayern could have survived without Daie, not sure Fulham or Wolfsburg would have done so without Dejagah...maybe MKia at Hamburg he was an MVP, but that's about it.

Comment

Dejagah and co cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as our past 2006 legionnaires (BuLi Iranians, Daei ect..). Different class, different level.

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                  I love all the names you mentioned, but none of those guys were regular starters on a Bundesliga championship team...Dejagah was. Daei was the closest for Bayern but he wasn't a regular. None of those guys also made it to the EPL, which is by far a stronger league than the Bundesliga. I am not sure Dejagah in his prime is any less skilled than the names mentioned above in their prime. If you think about it, Daei and Hashemian were strikers, and so on goals, they really should be ahead of Dejagah. In terms of MVP to their teams...you betchya that Bayern could have survived without Daie, not sure Fulham or Wolfsburg would have done so without Dejagah...maybe MKia at Hamburg he was an MVP, but that's about it.
                  Still not convinced, in terms of influence Dejagah is nowhere as Mahdavikia (Kia was not a striker, he was a winger).

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
                  Dejagah and co cannot be mentioned in the same sentence as our past 2006 legionnaires (BuLi Iranians, Daei ect..). Different class, different level.
                  Those guys were legendary, like once in a 50 years (or more) such footballers will appear.

Comment

Still not convinced, in terms of influence Dejagah is nowhere as Mahdavikia (Kia was not a striker, he was a winger).

Those guys were legendary, like once in a 50 years (or more) such footballers will appear.
                    Legends are defined by the generation that cheered for them. Ask my father and he will say Kia, Azizi, Daie, Hashemian have nothing on the likes of Ghayeghran, Parvin, Gelichkhani, and so forth. The younger kids of this generation might find Dejagah, Gucci, Neku and Teymourian and Karimi as the legends. Sadly we forget our past, and always complain about our present, and hope for something magical for our future.

On paper, I believe the team of WC 14 is stronger than the team of WC 06. I believe our team play, fitness, and skill level were all much better than in 06 leading up to both WC.

And if this current squad wins AC...trust me in 10 years we will be comparing the players like Azmoun, Ezzatollahi and ARJ to the likes of Gucci and Dejagah...

Comment

Nekounam is surely a legend, he has served his country for over 143 times and he represented Iran also in world's best league La Liga for few good years. What else should he do to be classified as legend? He is one for sure. Not to mention his influential goals during ACQ, WCQ etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                        Nekounam is surely a legend, he has served his country for over 143 times and he represented Iran also in world's best league La Liga for few good years. What else should he do to be classified as legend? He is one for sure. Not to mention his influential goals during ACQ, WCQ etc.
                        Hmm, Nekounam is a interesting case, although he was very influential for our National team and did a big service for all of us i dont think he is some kind of legend. Maybe a ''semi legend'' ?... I mean Nekou lost his real effectiveness somewhat after 2010 and then continued to make 50% performances of his real self. The days that he was a powerful fast shooter with amazing through balls were the days that counted !!

Comment

Re: TM-News-

Hmm, Nekounam is a interesting case, although he was very influential for our National team and did a big service for all of us i dont think he is some kind of legend. Maybe a ''semi legend'' ?... I mean Nekou lost his real effectiveness somewhat after 2010 and then continued to make 50% performances of his real self. The days that he was a powerful fast shooter with amazing through balls were the days that counted !!
                          He had a successful Europeanen career, played in two World Cups, is close to pass Daei with as most capped TM player and he also is an important figure for his club Pamplona. After he retires, they offered him to coach youth teams. He is a legend. Pure class player, always gave 100%. You can see his passion on and off the field.

Tell me one young, upcoming DM which could replace him? I'd say (a big maybe, if everything goes well) Ezatollahi, but he has yet to prove himself.

Comment

Guys this idea of who is and who isn't a legend is so subjective. But anyways, since we are on the topic...I really liked this image...although, not sure if I would personally include Majidi in this picture.

Comment

I don't get why Esteghlalis love Majidi so much and call him their superstar. He isn't. They have had so many better players worthy of that title.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                                He had a successful Europeanen career, played in two World Cups, is close to pass Daei with as most capped TM player and he also is an important figure for his club Pamplona. After he retires, they offered him to coach youth teams. He is a legend. Pure class player, always gave 100%. You can see his passion on and off the field.

Tell me one young, upcoming DM which could replace him? I'd say (a big maybe, if everything goes well) Ezatollahi, but he has yet to prove himself.
                                No one can replace Nekounam as a DM. Only player who can close to him somewhat is Teymourian.

Comment

Working...
                                X