This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
    i didn't watch the interview yesterday, but in general, majidi has no business being in the same category as club legens like hejazi, changiz, roshan, zarinche, mansourian, pashazade.

calling him a legend only devalues the works of the other players I mentioned and the club itself.

majidi was a good player for SS, or even better than good, a very good player for SS, but he never sacrificed himself for SS (as far as I know). he always left SS when SS needed him most, and his constant retirements from TM didn't do him any favour either.

I personally believe the reason majidi has become so popular among the younger SS fans is because
    1) younger SS fans didn't see players before majidi, or even don't remember majidi before the last few years he came back to SS.
    2) majidi was lucky to be a forward and score some crucial goals, specially in derbys. if he was a midfielder like jabbari or teymourian or even worse a defender, with this attitude, and this set of skills, he wouldn't be half as popular as he is now.
    3) majidi's hand notion of "4" created a symbol for SS fans and that stuck in their minds.
    4) majid always called himself "son of hejazi" or "maktabe hejazi" as a direct opposition to Ghalenoi and his gang and this made majidi popular among the hejazi supporters / ghalenoi dislikers

however, in his defense, at the age of 36 he was probably the best player in IPL and was scoring some crucial goals partly due to our football hardly producing any quality talents anymore and partly due to his own dedication and commitment to a healthy life style.

but as a die hard esteghlali, majidi contributed a lot to SS, and there is no doubt I would like to see him as a successful coach (although Im not sure how successful he will be) but I will never call him a legend when I see the other legends of SS. to call majidi a legend means a lot of other players in SS history should also become legends which overall devalues the club and the word "legend". majidi suits more the "top players / memorable players of SS history"
    This is what happens when they add these silly titles like Sultan, king, Magician to a bunch nobodies like this guy. It starts getting to their heads. If Majidi had not been so far the Arabs ass he would know who ARJ is like every other Iranian.

I am really happy to see players like ARJ demonstrate class outside their game. May be Daie, GN, and the little Majidi should take some notes.
    Originally posted by rugs View Post
    That's like asking, "did majidi really say he doesn't know who Jahanbakhsh is?"
    Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
    What a classy responce by Jahanbakhsh to Majidi's unlcassy remarks
    .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

How does he want to scout young talents for Espanyol when he doesn't know the name of our most talented young player?

Comment

Reza Shahroudi was in a very similar situation as Farhad Majidi but Reza was such a class compare to this clown.

I remember Reza Shahroudi was playing in Dalyan of China and they played a game against Esteghlal in Asian champions league. The whole stadium booed him everytime he had the ball and NO he didn't wear a red t-shirt under his Dalyan t-shirt and NO he didn't show number 6 to SS fans.

This guy has tried really hard to get popular by acting low class

Comment

How did this interview lead to everyone to bring up everything wrong or controversial Majidi has ever done in his career?

The subject here is this specific interview. Not Majidi VS Daei, Karimi, Kia, etc.. I don't think anyone would compare them because it is clear that Majidi is a tier below them on our all time scale.

In this interview it is quite clear that Majidi is a guy that was holding onto some past bitter moments with the media and decided to deal with the media the same way they deal with players. IMO, he had some perfectly valid points in this interview and sometimes you have to use a sharp tongue to get it across.

As for his TM career, lets call a spade a spade and say admit he never had a fair shot. 40 caps may seem like a lot, but take into context the consistency of invites and how many minutes were in those 40 caps to get a clearer view. Also, at his absolute best he was not invited to TM and as far as I know he didn't take to the newspapers to complain like some of our players do.

IMO this was a perfectly fair interview. Adel threw some shots and Majidi threw some back.

As for Majidi's career overall, like I said, he is not on the level of Daei, Karimi, etc... But to call him a nobody is just wrong as well.

The guy won ACL's, leagues, derbies, scored critical goals, and was the best player of his team even at 36 years old. And If he can pass one thing down to our younger players it how to stay fit as fu** as a pro athlete.

Comment

I just watched Navad, Did Majidi literally and emphatically actually claim that he doesn't know Jahanbakhsh? Yani ye aadam inghadr oghdei mitoone baashe? so much attitude and arrogance revolves around this man. wow so disappointed

Comment

I watched the whole thing last night and I have to say, Majidi is a ridiculously good finisher when he plays for club and I think he could have been a decent player in Europe.

The Iranian media is definitely known to be like a tabloid and make things up all the time, but it does no good to Majidi for him to react the way he did.

He could have dealt with that interview a lot better. It almost seemed like he was trying to intentionally dis Jahanbakhsh but I think we should probably give him the benefit of the doubt on that one and believe his excuse. He often said random and pointless things however and seemed to be too preoccupied trying to find a witty come back than have a discussion. He also used some ridiculous responses to dodge legitimate and fair questions at times.

It was quiet an awkward interview as Ferdosipours interview sometimes are.

Overall I think forgetting about this side of Majidi, he has great potential to help development in our football once he finished his coaching courses. Its great to see a player from Iran actually following qualifications to learn key skills rather than assuming they are great coaches directly from being a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                I just watched Navad, Did Majidi literally and emphatically actually claim that he doesn't know Jahanbakhsh? Yani ye aadam inghadr oghdei mitoone baashe? so much attitude and arrogance revolves around this man. wow so disappointed
                I just checked his instagram as well and he's following 0 people. Who the hell does he think he is? That just shows how arrogant he is. Even Cristiano Ronaldo who I thought was arrogant is following 12 people.

http://instagram.com/farhaddddddd

Comment

Who is Farhad Majidi? I don't know why some of you guys think he is anywhere near decent. Last time I watched this Majidi does not know even anything about good positioning. He was called numerous times offside during an ACL game. Except for aerial balls he really sucks in finishing, hustling and creating chances. Also his goal ratio is really low throughout his entire career. Just another ''IPL superstar'' who is average at best: Maijidi was riding the bench in the Austrian League.

Comment

lol, this feels like the attacks on Payam again.
                    Sure, Majidi might be a dick, I don't approve of his behaviour in the interview and his behavior in front of PP fans when he was subbed off etc. But lol @ attacking his footballing achievements because of that. He was not a good finisher? He is one of the best finishers since the early 2000s, the only ones I would put in front of him would be Daei, Hashemian, Azizi and Gucci. Today I would add Azmoun and Ansarifard (soon will be better probably) to the list too. Average IPL striker? We would be lucky if he was an average IPL striker. Today, the average IPL striker is Enayati unfortunately.
                    As a footballer he was pretty good for Iranian standards, when you consider whom we are comparing him to. His headers were sick, and he was good with his feet. He didn't do very well internationally because he was up against Hashemian and Daei, and he never got a lot of chances, and as someone else claimed, he didn't cry when he wasn't invited.
                    And the reason because I see Majidi this way, is because compared to most of you, I see him as a football player, nothing else, I don't examine him and decide if he is a good enough person to be my BFF. He can be a dick in real life for all I care, as long as he doesn't cause too much trouble in his team, and is a great on the pitch, that is enough for me. To me, he was a joy seeing him score so many goals in the ACL. Unfortunately, he joined Arab teams in his career too.
                    A little off-topic, but he apologized to Jahanbakhsh on his Instagram.
                    And lol @ judging him by the amount of people he follows on Instagram, seriously?
                    And another big LOL at judging him because he smiles in a picture with Ahmadinejad. After WCQ, Gucci smiled and hugged and was kissed by AN, marg bar Gucci. Gucci is a pasdar.

And I'm not protecting him (if this can even be called protecting, should be more likely called being objective) because I'm an SS fan, I acted the same way when it was about Payam who is a PP player.
                    Here's a video for those who say he was not a good striker.

Comment

He didn't say "i don't know Jahanbakhsh" as an insult. He said that he thought he was one of these "do rageh" players playing in abroad leagues. He even apologized several times which I guess most of you missed. Look the guy isn't spending his time on PFDC forums so don't get mad that he doesn't know every player. Besides, Jahanbakhsh hasn't been a big part of TM so far. He honestly should have had played a lot more in the WC imo.

Comment

If you look outside Iran he has achieved jack. If you can't make it to the starting eleven in a pretty weak Austrian league you are nothing special. He totally flopped when he went to Europe, and I am not even talking about a decent league..it's Austria.

Besides, he is one classless turd. The moment he said he doesn't know Jahanbakhsh he lost all respect to me. He was just trying to make himself look good. Its always easy to apologize afterwards. Jahanbakhsh has already achieved more than entire Maijidi's career combined.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          If you look outside Iran he has achieved jack. If you can't make it to the starting eleven in a pretty weak Austrian league you are nothing special. He totally flopped when he went to Europe, and I am not even talking about a decent league..it's Austria.

Besides, he is one classless turd. The moment he said he doesn't know Jahanbakhsh he lost all respect to me. He was just trying to make himself look good. Its always easy to apologize afterwards. Jahanbakhsh has already achieved more than entire Maijidi's career combined.
                          Why would he try to make himself look good if he apologized afterwards?? Could you please use a little more logic when you write something? He even apologized again afterwards on his Instagram.

Also, aren't you always complaining about the fact that IPL players need to go to Europe? Well Majidi (as you say) didn't succeed in Europe, but why don't you appreciate the fact that he at least tried?
                          At least he tried to go to Europe, but that you don't see huh? You only see that 'he couldn't do jack'.

btw, I'm not a Majidi hater nor a lover. I actually don't approve of his behaviour in the last years but not in the way you put it. But I don't like seeing people like you talking so much shit about him. You only saw a couple of his last ACL games. Then why don't you talk about all his good matches in ACL, all the goals he scored in the ACL huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar R View Post
                            Why would he try to make himself look good if he apologized afterwards?? Could you please use a little more logic when you write something? He even apologized again afterwards on his Instagram.

Also, aren't you always complaining about the fact that IPL players need to go to Europe? Well Majidi (as you say) didn't succeed in Europe, but why don't you appreciate the fact that he at least tried?
                            At least he tried to go to Europe, but that you don't see huh? You only see that 'he couldn't do jack'.

btw, I'm not a Majidi hater nor a lover. I actually don't approve of his behaviour in the last years but not in the way you put it. But I don't like seeing people like you talking so much shit about him. You only saw a couple of his last ACL games. Then why don't you talk about all his good matches in ACL, all the goals he scored in the ACL huh?
                            As if the level of ACL is any good? Nobody takes it serious except the Arab teams. The other part of the continent like Korean, Japanese and Australian clubs always field their experimental team for these tournaments in the group stage at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post

Haha just kidding
                              He partly played in the starting XI at Rapid Vienna and just scored 2 goals. I got to agree, he didn't impress good enough to stay in Austria. His career went downhill after joining the UAE-league.

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar R View Post

But he didn't really try. In the interview he said he was young and after $$. That's how the whole discussion about Jahanbakhsh came up because Fedowsipour used him as an example of someone who is trying and not after Arab $$.
                                راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Working...
                                X