Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    ...and while IR is a convenient excuse, I am not seeing the same out of our Futsal, Beach Soccer, BBALL, VBALL, Tae Kwon Do, Wrestling, or any of our other world class level sports....who by the way receive less funding that IFF does.
    Beach Soccer, Volleyball and those other sports aren't as hampered by the government's disastrous micromanagement because they're not as politicized as Football.

One reason is there isn't enough money in them, but even more importantly, because none of them have the same popularity and the ability to bring the people into the streets as Football does. Not even wrestling. This is also why they will never allow Taj and Perspolis to be privatized. Anything in that country that can make big money and has passionate popular following attracts the attention and the meddling of the government. We can't say IR and its mismanagement are not at fault here when the sports minister and that Rasaei idiot in Majlis can't stop talking about the coach and the hiring process.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
      Those sports aren't as hampered by the government's disastrous micromanagement because they're not as politicized as Football.

One reason is there isn't enough money in them, but even more importantly, none of them have the same popularity and the ability to bring the people into the streets as Football does. Not even wrestling. This is also why they will never allow Taj and Perspolis to be privatized. Anything in that country that can make big money and has passionate popular following attracts the attention and the meddling of the government. We can't say IR and its mismanagement are not at fault here when the sports minister and that Rasaei idiot in Majlis can't stop talking about the coach and the hiring process.
      I am not denying any of that...nor do I really care much about that, because I know that almost all sports are politicized. As an example, Hockey in Canada is extremely political. Some major players who are close with government regulators (Bell and Rogers) and have monopolized the telecommunications and Media industries in this country own or have significant shares in two of the sports biggest franchises (Toronto Maple Leafs and Montreal Canadians)...and yes some Leafs fans gripe about ownership and meddling keeping the team down...but nothing like we do with our TM.

Fact is, if CQ and Kaffashian wanted a deal done, it could have been done. They both went back and forth, even with government and politician commentary...heck Kaffashian said his preference was to have a vatani coach on Navad, but because of the "will of the people" we decided to pursue CQ...I know we have hindrances and problems...but we have to become less a culture of "what ifs and should haves" to "we can" and "we will". This is a lazy lethargic pass the buck attitude is not unique to Iran but certainly to the ME countries. As an example, look at all the difficulties around the world...and yet Bosnia, Costa Rica, Nigeria, Ghana, Egypt, Columbia, Uruguay...and the list goes on...have done terrific things in recent football history...
      Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I am not denying any of that...nor do I really care much about that, because I know that almost all sports are politicized. As an example, Hockey in Canada is extremely political.
        Not even in the same ballpark. Canadian Hockey teams are not micromanaged by the government like our football is by IR, and even if they had been, that government is not as incompetent and unmotivated as what we're stuck with.

The problem with IR is not just a lack of competence but also a lack of will when it comes to anything that doesn't further their own ideology or interests. Their appointees are also not worried about being replaced no matter how much they screw up as long as they're on the "correct" side of the establishment. This is why the Isfahan stadium has been in development for 20 goddamn years and still not finished; this is why we still have a pathetic youth program for football and a thousand other shortcomings. They view spending money and energy on these matters as a waste, but still see the sport itself as too sensitive to be left in private hands. And that creates this vicious cycle our football is stuck in.

Comment

Originally posted by xerexes View Post
          Not even in the same ballpark. Canadian Hockey teams are not micromanaged by the government like our football is by IR, and even if they had been, that government is not as incompetent and unmotivated as what we're stuck with.

The problem with IR is not just a lack of competence but also a lack of will when it comes to anything that doesn't further their own ideology or interests. Their appointees are also not worried about being replaced no matter how much they screw up as long as they're on the "correct" side of the establishment. This is why the Isfahan stadium has been in development for 20 goddamn years and still not finished; this is why we still have a pathetic youth program for football and a thousand other shortcomings. They view spending money and energy on these matters as a waste, but still see the sport itself as too sensitive to be left in private hands. And that creates this vicious cycle our football is stuck in.
          See where you are blaming the government, I really believe it's up to the Esfahani based teams and IFF to put some pressure to get things done for the stadium. Here's the reality, shit gets started but takes forever to finish in Iran...not just in football, but everywhere. You go to get some paper work done for a damn visa and you get the run around for 3 weeks, go to this city that city, this person that person. This is the reality of Iranian political society. But with pressure, and some added incentives sometimes positive (fund raising) some times negative (bribery) things get taken care of.

I believe the biggest difference between Futsal, Vball and other sports vs IFF is that their federations stretch the all mighty toman while IFF mismanages everything. Case in point, on Navad last week, Ferdowsipour asked Kaffashian about the financial situation (we got 8 mil from Fifa was it?). Kaffashian replied we have no financial difficulties for this year, and have money to spend...and he indirectly implied next year is not a concern until we get there...WTF kind of logic is that? So the plan is to blow 8 million dollars in an entire year? Where is this money going, who is accounting for it? All Kaffashian says is we have many different teams under IFF and they all need funding...SHOW ME THE GODDAM paper trail of how you are spending money? It's disaster of a management situation. I am not sure any amount of good or bad governance can change the stupidity that is IFF and it's budgetary committee...

While I do not completely blame them for the CQ problem (CQ is also at fault), does it make sense to fly the guy in and out of the country and not get things done? Who is paying for his tickets, who is paying for his hotel and travel. How many times do you bring and send him away...100%, 98%...like who does that? Again no amount of good or bad governance can account for poor management and lack of planning...these are human skills that IFF is lacking at the moment.

Comment

Here's the reality, shit gets started but takes forever to finish in Iran...not just in football, but everywhere. You go to get some paper work done for a damn visa and you get the run around for 3 weeks, go to this city that city, this person that person. This is the reality of Iranian political society.
            Which further proves my point. The government officials are incompetent, unmotivated, often aren't even qualified for their position and rarely have to fear for job security based on their performance. And this same pathetic entity insists on running every aspect of football.

It's disaster of a management situation. I am not sure any amount of good or bad governance can change the stupidity that is IFF and it's budgetary committee...
            Governance has everything to do with it because the entire IFF is run and micromanaged by government officials. Kaffashian himself is connected to the government and is there because the establishment approved of him being there.

Again no amount of good or bad governance can account for poor management and lack of planning...these are human skills that IFF is lacking at the moment.
            "At the moment"?....they've been lacking that for 35 years except for a brief period under Safaei Farahani who happened to be a rare IR appointee with organizational skills. He also happened to be the only IFF boss to end up jailed by the system!

Again, for everything considered "sensitive" by this regime, political interests and not performance is what they care about the most. The day Volleyball starts bringing people to the streets like Football does, it'll be infected with the same virus in no time.

Comment

Dear ozone, it isn't so much ''escape goating'' by naming IR as one of the main reasons. It is a matter of fact that the general lack of expertise, incompetence, loose and inferior knowledge of any and all officials in this regime has BRED A CULTURE OF INCOMPETENCE among the entire society and all levels of governance or anything that runs the country's affairs.

When that is the prevalent atmosphere, then it comes as no surprise that just about anyone in any post and office in this regime will behave like complete lost morons with little knowledge of how to run things

Comment

Varzesh just said Iran is going to play three friendlies next to the Korea game: 6 October vs. Cuba in Azadi, 14th vs. Venezuela in UAE and 22 December against New-Zealand in Australia.

Really hope this is true, I smell BS though.

Comment

Paraguay 0-0 UAE

'81

UAE will be a pain in the ass.

Comment

Sv: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Paraguay 0-0 UAE

'81

UAE will be a pain in the ass.
                    With 4 months left and still no coach or plans for prep, you know we will be humiliated by the Arabs..

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      With 4 months left and still no coach or plans for prep, you know we will be humiliated by the Arabs..
                      LOl considering our "best" player can't even make the roster of one of their teams, I have no doubt this AC will be a disaster!

Comment

UAE's last 4 matches:
                        1-0 W against Georgia
                        0-0 D against Norway
                        1-1 D against Lithuania
                        0-0 D against Paraguay.
                        Expect a lot of this when they play us.

Comment

Damn 9 of the 16 countries participating in the Asian Cup are Arabic nations.

Comment

Kosovo 1 - 0 Oman

Comment

Uruguay beat S. Korea 1-0.

Uzbekistan beating New Zealand 3-0 right now, so the New Zealand game is not of any use to us, even if the news is true. Same thing for the Cuba match and Venezuela lost to S. Korea 3-1. All in all and even if the plans don't fall apart as usual, this is one crappy program to get TM prepared for the Asian Cup.

Comment

FT Uzbekistan 3 - 1 New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                                X